IT.COM

Estibot not resolving

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone know why Estibot is not resolving? At least for me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
you using vpn or something? Works for me too.

•••
This is as I suspected. Nope. Not using VPN. Would blocking my IP look the same as webserver unreachable message? Could my network provider be doing the blocking?

Last edited:
•••
Working for me as well.

It could be any number of things from issues with your service provider to possible changes on Estibot's end.

I suggest you clear your cache, shut down your computer, modem and router and restart them all one at a time starting from the modem to router to your computer. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Years ago my home ISP seemed to prevent access my company's website. No other site seemed to be an issue. I called several friends to see if they could access our site from different ISP's and all of them said they had access. I couldn't even ping it. I even contacted our hosting service to see if they were having issues and they said everything was fine.

Later in the day everything started working again and I was able to reach our website. Some things will just never be known.

Last edited:
•••
@TestCase. I tried that yesterday. Shut down my computer/internet overnight. Received a new IP Address. But I don't think it resolved the problem. I will try that again though.

•••
OK. I repeated what I said above. got another IP Address. Still the same problem. Any ideas where to go now?

•••
Based on the comments, it sounds like an ISP problem.

Have you tried from your neighbourg's computer (make sure they don't use the same isp) ? You might also try to use a html proxy such as hidemyass.

•••
OK. Doing a traceroute, it seems it doesn't complete because it doesn't get out of my Internet Providers servers after 30 tries. So it seems like I've located the problem. And from past experiences, it seems like it will be a long haul to get it fixed. :(

•••
Have you tried accessing the domain via a VPN? Your ISP should not be able to detect and block via VPN

•••
@anantj - Now that's a thought. I just need to learn how to setup a VPN. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations.

•••
hi @stub,

we have the same issues with estibot... exactly the same estibot not displayed to our screen...

how did you fixt it?

until now i still cant get through to their site. ... kindly share how you were able to fix it.

thanks very much...

•••
I assume from your name, you are Filipino. The problem is with PLDT. The tech I spoke to when they called me back, had no idea what was causing the blockage, and no idea how to fix it. So it isn't fixed at this point, and I suspect they have nobody trying to fix it. I would suggest that you report the problem to PLDT. The more reports they get, the more likely they will take the problem seriously. You should report that a traceroute estibot.com, never leaves the PLDT servers. So the problem lies somewhere within their severs. I asked them to clear their server cache. You would have thought I'd asked them to go walk on the moon :(

•••
•••
thanks @stub ... if that's the case... i expect that this issue will stay longer... so i have to do some "work-around" to access estibot. i'm using this site for my domain activities and i am paying a monthly subscription for their services...

•••
Thanks @mad409. Strangely I hadn't even thought about searching for the problem on the internet. I just never crossed my mind for some reason. But YES. That is exactly my problem. I have used OpenDNS in the past, a long time ago. I don't now recall why I stopped using them. I'll dust off the cobwebs and give them another try.

@SamQuino - OpenDNS is a good system. I'm going to give them another try.

•••
Let us know if if fixes your issues.

•••
Thanks @mad409. Strangely I hadn't even thought about searching for the problem on the internet. I just never crossed my mind for some reason. But YES. That is exactly my problem. I have used OpenDNS in the past, a long time ago. I don't now recall why I stopped using them. I'll dust off the cobwebs and give them another try.

@SamQuino - OpenDNS is a good system. I'm going to give them another try.

confirmed that it's really a PLDT issue... im using PLDT DSL at home... and this is where the problem of connecting with estibot cropped up.... now i tried connecting to my other laptop using my mobile GLOBE wifi stick... and it work!...

im back with estibot but using the other competing internet service provider...

and maybe i will try the OPEN DNS sooner... pls let me know if it works for you...

thanks and best regards....

•••
For testing and light VPN usage you can try Tunnelbear. I use them for testing and lightweight VPN usage. They provide a free account with 500MB/Month of data and an additional 1GB free if you tweet about them.
Also provide reasonably priced paid plans...

Discl: The link above is an affiliate link. If you prefer, direct link is tunnelbear.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back