IT.COM

analysis Estibot bias on one word gtlds.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Global Rebrander

Established Member
Impact
I guess Estibot is a bit biased on the one word gtlds and show higher values even though they hardly sell.

In my experience, good two letter .coms which Sell more often in the market can have low price estimated while a single letter gtld extension can have a high value. I guess the bot uses search volume to determine the price. Single words as hotels, entrepreneurs, cafe etc have a high search volume so prices of such domains in gtld extension seems to be high.

Maybe they could include a β€œlikelihood of sale” score which indicates the total sales, comparison of sales to total registered, and last few sales in chronological order.

what do you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gtlds are rated like hyphens and are never 1 word only 2 words. They are also rated by likelihood of traffic and value of current sales cpc of keywords over likelihood of sale.

Last edited:
•••
Any domain appraisal provider/software will show higher values for new one word gTLDs, ccTLDs than one character .COM because normal people don't search 1.com, or F.com (unless its well established brand), but they do search hotels.online, or cafe.shop, or ecommerce.store, etc, so total number of search volume is taken into consideration, also dictionary words (since they have meaning stick to it) are appraised higher than H.com like domains! Another reason is because of its 'likelihood of sale' as you've pointed out!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back