IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

Zarkoza

Established Member
Impact
I just bought the month subscription for Estibot as I was told and see everyone swearing by it. I was happy with the subscription purchase until I imported all of my DNs into Estibot and they were all appraised.

Obviously, as beginner I've made the mistake of relying on Robo Evaluation Tools to determine whether or not to buy a domain and have paid for it, I realize I shouldn't rely on automated evaluation tools to make buying decisions, I haven't recently, the domains I added to Estibot recently, these were domains I had already bought and I thought I'd see what they would be appraised for by this tool which domainers who seem like they know what they're talking about seem to swear to god by.

I know I also shouldn't rely completely on automated tools in general, but some of the data I find is certainly useful, and again, I see a LOT of Domainers who have been in the game for way long that swear by this tool, however; when the domains I had bought just because they sounded either cool or interesting and had no real meaning or were domains I thought would be a great brandable domains that I had just recently come to "realize" and started thinking were absolute trash were getting higher evaluations than the ones I thought actually used keywords and had meaning etc. were getting $0 evaluations, it was quite the smack in the face and discouraging to say the least. Something is wrong here.

Estibot valued for example about 94 out of 134 of my portfolio at $0! I call foul. The rest had evaluations anywhere between $5 to $1K. Actually one was valued at 1K on Estibot and it made no sense why. It was a radnom made up word I typed in to godaddy and bought because Godaddy Appraisal said it's estimated value was $1,462... The difference between Godaddy Appraisals and Estibot is that Godaddy gives better comparable domains that have sold from my testings. Estibot just seems like it doesn't even try to comparable domains with similar spellings or words.

For example. The Domain Ilqua.com, estimated at $1,462, and $1000 by Estinbot, thw comparable domains that have been sold according to Godaddy are as follows: abiqua.com $1,250, ilcon.com $2,484, loqua.com $2,595. Meanwhile Estibot's comparable domains are as follows: valtd.com $1,088,
baymo.com $900, dcnow.com $910, repme.com $1,102, homla.com $1,064. It's almost like it didn't even try to find domains with similar spellings or anything. At least Godaddy found domains that sold that had QUA or IL in it!

Estibot valued my domain FabVoila.com at $0 which is interesting because I had actually gotten that specific domain appraised by a human at Afternic. They Appraised that domain at $400 which I was happy with. Now, obviously a human is going to be better than a bot at valuing domains I know. But look

The keyword Fab gets 271,000,000 in Google search results. Voila gets 227,000,000 in Google search results

Estibot says Fab gets 6,120,000 Monthly Broad Searches and Cost per Click is $0.69, and 368,000 Exact monthly searches and CPC is $0.26

Estibot says Voila gets 6,120,000 Monthly Broad Searches and Cost per Click is $1.14,
2,240,000 Exact monthly searches and $6.51 Cost per clicks.

This makes me distrust Estibot as an accurate appraisal tool. If it's going to appraise domains that have no real meaning, no real word kewords, then I think I need to NOT look more at Estibot as decently accurate Appraisal tool, but look at more of the other information it provides.

The Keywords in my domain CompletelyEnglish.com domain, according to Estibot, the keyword "Completely" gets 1,500,000 Monthly Broad Searches, and the Cost per Click is $2.66,
49,500 monthly Exact Searches, and $0.10 CP.

Broad Searches
Keyword completely
Monthly Searches 1,500,000
Cost per Click $2.66

Exact Searches
Keyword [completely]
Monthly Searches 49,500
Cost per Click $0.10

The keyword "English" 124,000,000 Monthly Searches, the Cost per Click is $1.50, 301,000 exact searches and $1.56

Broad Searches
Keyword english
Monthly Searches 124,000,000
Cost per Click $1.50

Exact Searches

Keyword [english]
Monthly Searches 301,000
Cost per Click $1.56
Ad Competition -
Data Age Recent

CompletelyEnglish.com search results are as follows:

Broad Searches
Keyword completely english
Monthly Searches 1,300
Cost per Click $8.75

Exact Searches
Keyword [completely english]
Monthly Searches 0
Cost per Click -

Another big issue I'm having with this Automated Tool as opposed to Godaddy Appraisal tool is that, the Comparable Domain Sales that Estibot provides are just absurd in comparison to Godaddy Appraisals Comparable Sales Results.

For example, using my CompletelyEnglish.com domain, Goddady Estimates it at $1,159

Why this is valuable

• Comparable domains sold:
simplifiedenglish.com

$1,426

totallyfrench.com

$500

perfectlyspoken.com

$650

Meanwhile Estibot provides these random trashy comparable sold domains:

COMPARABLE DOMAIN SALES

Domain Price Date
italianristorante.com $180 2016-01-07
yothai.com $122 2019-06-17
meyue.com $164 2019-03-03
fitwu.com $140 2018-03-29
yuezhua.com $120 2017-10-27

These so called comparable domains have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Keywords in my domain. in the world. They are completely nonrelated and make no sense. What am I missing here?

Godaddy tells me why this is a valuable domain:

Popular keyword: english is a widely used keyword.

Memorable: completelyenglish.com is easy to remember.

Great extension: Uses the .com extension.

Meanwhile estibot considers this a very long domain, with low interest, and low searches.

• WHY IT'S VALUABLE:

• Great Extension: .com has the highest resale value

• Very Long: Domains longer than 15 characters are not as memorable.

• Low Interest: popular extensions, including .net and .org appear to be available

• Low Searches: the term completely english is not commonly searched for on Google®
"Completely English" on Google Search actually gets about 438,000 results!

My conclusion is that I don't understand Estibot as an Appraisal tool, and I certainly wouldnt' use it to determine whether or not I have a good valuable domain based on their fair market appraisals. It seems to be a flawed appraisal tool. I would recommend using it for the search volume data and CPC. That's probably all it's good for so far in my opinion for the limited time that I've been using it. Maybe i'll discover some other great benefits that make me love it more the more I use it. I think that's what most people are probably using it for anyway though is the search volume data and cpc data.

Anway I thought I'd vent my irritation with it. Maybe someone can give some insight on how to actually look at the data I'm looking at.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just bought the month subscription for Estibot as I was told and see everyone swearing by it.

Hi

who, told you to buy it
and who, is part of the everyone, that swears by it?

because i've never said no :poop: like that.

Please, use the search function to get/read further discussion on that subject.

imo.....

•••
Hi

who, told you to buy it
and who, is part of the everyone, that swears by it?

because i've never said no :poop: like that.

Please, use the search function to get/read further discussion on that subject.

imo.....

Some guys I watch on YouTube use estibot and mention it a lot and they seem to be pretty succesful in the domaining field. So I decided to buy the subscription at their recommendation. And I gotta say it's pretty useful for search volume data and CPC from my experience so far... But again, as an Appraisal tool? Nah, wouldn't trust it.

When I say everyone that swears by it, I mean everyone in the domaining field who swears by it? I've seen plenty. I've even seen some here in NamePros argue that it's an accurate appraisal tool. The ones who swear by it will probably come here and attack me for making this post. Lol I'd say it's not an effective Appraisal tool, but what do I know, I'm still a beginner in all this, so my opinion probably doesn't matter that much.

I've been looking through this forum a lot every day since I've become a member, most people I've seen recommend Estibot are outside this forum, but I have definitely seen people defend the accuracy of Estibot as an appraisal tool. I feel bad for someone who might have gotten rid or just simply felt bad about their domain purchase because domain considered it too long, or marking it as having low interest and valued it at $0.

I've been using namebio.com also, still trying to figure out and understand that website as well.

•••
they seem to be pretty succesful in the domaining field
You can also start making youtube videos and tell everyone you are pretty successful in the domaining field.

•••
You can also start making youtube videos and tell everyone you are pretty successful in the domaining field.

or any other field, for that matter

i say, don't believe the hype
first, try to understand why, whatever it is.... why it's being hyped.

and if you can dismiss, all that is not fact or can't be proved.....then what's left?

puff, puff...

imo....

•••
There is no good appraisal tool in the net, the only good one is the marketfit one, if someone want to buy 10k$ your shdkddjj.com he will do it 99% business man are not domainers ...

•••
I dunno why everyone gets so excited about exact $ and cents numbers in estimates.

A domain grader is a useful tool. Why add the bs estimates part.
Just display the darn data in a table and let the report reader do the analysis.

•••
Get appraisals here in the Appraisals section.

Then figure out the others by yourself while checking sales history on Namebio.

•••
Appraisal is not a simple task.
The value is not absolute but how much the market is willing to pay.
I consider the two mentioned tools a good indication but the decison must be manual based on experience and/or benchmark.

•••
Get appraisals here in the Appraisals section.

Then figure out the others by yourself while checking sales history on Namebio.

Thanks for the response Twiki! : ) I have already submitted just only few domains in the domain appraisal section here [ https://www.namepros.com/threads/im...e-completelyenglish-com.1212772/#post-7997067 ] if anyone is interested in helping me out. Also feel free to DM me. I have only 134 domains. Perhaps you or you know someone who would be willing to go through and choose the ones they would like to appraise. I'm surely not expecting one person to appraise all of my domains here at once though, that's why I have only submitted a few there.

But it would be nice to figure out which ones are trash Dns so I can turm off auto renew, and which ones I have a chance at selling for if not 1 or 2k for at least a couple hundred. I'm not a greedy person tbh. I've been told domains sale on average between 1 and 5k, I would be happy if most of my domains were even appraised as high as what Afternic appraised my FabVoila domain. Which was $400. That's a lot of money to me actually. Maybe I could get higher, but again 400 is just fine actually.

•••
Do not use Estibot or any other appraisal tools. You may as well pick a number out of a hat.

•••
Ok. You can use the domain appraisal tools in a couple of ways.

Please note that I don't use them really but some other domainers do and this can make sense if not misused.

The obvious way is to paste a long list of names and use the tool(s) to sort out the ones that have some value. I tried this using domanow.com (Godaddy bulk search). It an easy way to sort a long list of names but the results are really so and so...

I prefer to use expireddomains and put on my filters (not related to appraisal) to check domains one by one by eye.

The second use is to check domains you already own in case you have not clue how to price them.

In both cases:

A) Don't use just one service but all of them if possible: Namebio/Godaddy/Nameworth (everyone uses a different way to calculate a suggested price).

B) If you will read and study (it takes time) you will be able to have a much better idea by yourself than using any other automatic tool. This is the best option, but it will not come overnight...

Last edited:
•••
Lots of threads here about auto appraisal bots. Godaddy has one that uses sales prior sales data that they have access to. Try checking nameworth as well (I generally like that bot best of the 3). There are many other factors to take into consideration and the bots are fun and they may contain useful info (visits, search counts, etc) but don't make pricing decisions based just on whatever number is generated...come up with a pricing strategy of your own...it takes time so don't feel bad if you can't get settled on a method immediately.

•••
Estibot is probably as good, or as bad as any other appraisal tool out there.

None is accurate. Each has its flaws. They differ a lot. Result can be $50 in a tool and $50k in another.

Estibot tends to undervalue stuff, GD tends to overvalue - at least for the kinds of domains I used with them.

If you have no clue about domain price, my suggestion is to use GD's value (perhaps divide it by 2 or something if you want faster sales, or sales at all). Edit: For the price you put on your domains when having them up for sale.)

If you just want to see which domains might have some value, use Estibot and look at those having a positive value. And perhaps look in other fields in the report, like traffic, trademarks... whatever fits your interest.

That's about it.

Last edited:
•••
Don't understand why people still believe in MessMeBot?
The price of a domain name is established when there is an agreement between the buyer/seller.
You can sell the same domain to:
- A Reseller here on NP - $10
- To a small business owner $1,000
- To a medium size business $100,000
- To large/big corporation $1,000,000

How can MessMeBot know who you will sell the name to?
You can use MessMeBot when you want to be happy for 5 minutes.

Last edited:
•••
Picture0003.png

If you have a good domain you will get a good evaluation

One of mine, I now own a number of regional domains.

Last edited:
•••
Some guys I watch on YouTube use estibot and mention it a lot and they seem to be pretty succesful in the domaining field. So I decided to buy the subscription at their recommendation. And I gotta say it's pretty useful for search volume data and CPC from my experience so far... But again, as an Appraisal tool? Nah, wouldn't trust it.

When I say everyone that swears by it, I mean everyone in the domaining field who swears by it? I've seen plenty. I've even seen some here in NamePros argue that it's an accurate appraisal tool. The ones who swear by it will probably come here and attack me for making this post. Lol I'd say it's not an effective Appraisal tool, but what do I know, I'm still a beginner in all this, so my opinion probably doesn't matter that much.

I've been looking through this forum a lot every day since I've become a member, most people I've seen recommend Estibot are outside this forum, but I have definitely seen people defend the accuracy of Estibot as an appraisal tool. I feel bad for someone who might have gotten rid or just simply felt bad about their domain purchase because domain considered it too long, or marking it as having low interest and valued it at $0.

I've been using namebio.com also, still trying to figure out and understand that website as well.

Sorry mate. Those domains are likely not worth much and you have wasted money on Estibot valuation subscription based on the advice of self-appointed Youtube domain professionals.

Why don't you try publishing your post as a comment on their Youtube channels?
They are the ones who advised you.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry mate. Those domains are likely not worth much and you have wasted money on Estibot valuation subscription based on the advice of self-appointed Youtube professionals.

You may be right about my domains not being worth much, but I don't know what you're basing your opinion on about the domains listed in that thread tbh. That's just your opinion, I respect it though. Someone may find some value in them and pay just $50 or a couple hundred bucks for any of them. That would be a huge ass W-I-N in my book! Even $50 would be a win to me. I mean, only paid $8.29 for the domains anyway because I had gotten the year long discount club membership with Godaddy. So if they're not worth much, fine. As long as they're worth something. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I have a whole year to get them sold. I'm really not expecting to sell any of my domains for a crazy amount of money though. I have a more realistic mindset now. And I'm not greedy. I had initially set high prices for the domains on my portfolio at the recommendation of a Godaddy rep inspite of my gut feeling to price below the estimated value on some of my domains. I've since brought my pricing down quite a bit. I'll give updates if I make any sales in the future!

Most of my Domains are listed on Godaddy / Afternic, Sedo, DomainAgents and NameLot. On Afternic most of my domains are priced where low expectation Buy Now price is at $1500 Floor Price is $1250, Reserve is at $1050 and Minimum Offer is at $525. If I were to get a minimum offer of $525 for any of my domains, I'd most likely acoid trying to negotiate up to my resrve and just say "SOLD" and take the money... $525 is a lot of money to me. Lol

I also have domains where I've set Buy Now to between $50 and $100 with minimum offer to $25. That's where I'm at right now as far as my listings go.

Also, gonna see if I can get a refund from Estibot. Or I might just keep soley for the other data it provides upon keyword searches. I think Godaddy Appraisal is better than Estibot tbh. At least it gives you legit comparable domains that have sold and it's not biased toward domains that are a little longer. Estibot seems to be unreasonably strict on Domain name length.

Last edited:
•••
You may be right about my domains not being worth much, but I don't know what you're basing your opinion on about the domains listed in that thread tbh. That's just your opinion, I respect it though. Someone may find some value in them and pay just $50 or a couple hundred bucks for any of them. That would be a huge ass W-I-N in my book! Even $50 would be a win to me. I mean, only paid $8.29 for the domains anyway because I had gotten the year long discount club membership with Godaddy. So if they're not worth much, fine. As long as they're worth something. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I have a whole year to get them sold. I'm really not expecting to sell any of my domains for a crazy amount of money though. I have a more realistic mindset now. And I'm not greedy. I had initially set high prices for the domains on my portfolio at the recommendation of a Godaddy rep inspite of my gut feeling to price below the estimated value on some of my domains. I've since brought my pricing down quite a bit. I'll give updates if I make any sales in the future!

Most of my Domains are listed on Godaddy / Afternic, Sedo, DomainAgents and NameLot. On Afternic most of my domains are priced where low expectation Buy Now price is at $1500 Floor Price is $1250, Reserve is at $1050 and Minimum Offer is at $525. If I were to get a minimum offer of $525 for any of my domains, I'd most likely acoid trying to negotiate up to my resrve and just say "SOLD" and take the money... $525 is a lot of money to me. Lol

I also have domains where I've set Buy Now to between $50 and $100 with minimum offer to $25. That's where I'm at right now as far as my listings go.

Also, gonna see if I can get a refund from Estibot. Or I might just keep soley for the other data it provides upon keyword searches. I think Godaddy Appraisal is better than Estibot tbh. At least it gives you legit comparable domains that have sold and it's not biased toward domains that are a little longer. Estibot seems to be unreasonably strict on Domain name length.

I wasn't saying they were rubbish names, just likely not worth a lot, but you never know...
Good luck to you ;)

•••
I wasn't saying they were rubbish names, just likely not worth a lot, but you never know...
Good luck to you ;)

Thanks Craig :)

•••
appraisal tools waste of time
and still people believe in this tools
i was have name estimated for 0$ in estibot i sold it for 520$
and many more names sold for high price with 0$ in estibot

•••
I have only 134 domains

Hi

134 domains X's average renewal rate of $10 = $1,340 a year in renewal cost.

i read your appraisal thread and if those are best of the lot, then most likely you won't be able to sustain that number of domains next year.

newbies have tendency to register a lot of domains first, then ask for advice, afterwards.
which, is like trying to build a house, and not knowing what concrete is

you have to get the basics first, and domaining... doesn't start with an appraisal tool.

imo...

•••
You can get estibot appraisal for free if you are a customer at Epik. You can punch things in before you buy. I agree none are completely accurate even GD refuses to value over a certain amount. You will do better with valuations watching posted sales here or elsewhere.

•••
you can try it for free

the wise man said
"don't completely trust the appraisal tools"
- Gandhi

•••
Hi

134 domains X's average renewal rate of $10 = $1,340 a year in renewal cost.

i read your appraisal thread and if those are best of the lot, then most likely you won't be able to sustain that number of domains next year.

newbies have tendency to register a lot of domains first, then ask for advice, afterwards.
which, is like trying to build a house, and not knowing what concrete is

you have to get the basics first, and domaining... doesn't start with an appraisal tool.

imo...

I don't think those were actually the best of my lot. Lol Though I do think I have a lot of bad ones and it was too late to get a refund for them. I don't intend to renew a lot of those actually. I'm currently working on weeding out the ones I'm gonna drop after the year is over for sure. But I'm talking to a broker right now who says that they saw a few good ones in portfolio, I think they may try to help me get them sold. So if I could make a few hundred to even just a thousand on those few then within this year I will have made my money back and that'd be a sure win. And I'll be more careful in the future before buying domains. Lol

•••
Back