Domain Empire

eShop.com has expired and dropping today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Top domain.

Will be very curious to see where the eventual DropCatch auction might push the price up to.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
History was written today: expired name eShop . com sold for $148,134.00 !!!

Last edited:
•••
What will happen now.

261 people private auction at Snap names;

Since 261 placed backorder on the name there

Snapnames has best Auction system for drops
Private over Public Auction, all day, everyday.

Unlike DropCatch, if the #1 bidder fails to pay
The #2 gets an option to buy (much better imo;
DC kept re-auctioning; pissed me off; if no pay.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe SN/NJ will catch it :xf.wink: although I give DC a 85% chance of catching this one.

Right now 261 people have it ordered on NJ

Last edited:
•••
e domains are still hottest
The problem is nowadays there's no need to explicitly state that your shop is electronic, online etc. Many people shop online as their first choice and for them it's simply a shop.

The "E" at the beginning doesn't mean anything special.

It's still extremely valuable, but I think its value peaked somewhere in 2012.

•••
•••
•••
Tell that to eSports.
esports is distinctive enough from "normal" sports though. When you say "eSport" and "Sport" I already picture 2 different things in my mind.

Not so much with "Shop" and "eShop".

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's ultra premium name, worth 6 figures. But I think the term "e-shop" already reached its peak in popularity.

•••
294 bidders total, about 5 of them bidding, time about 30 min left, but the last minute bid extends the time. The price jumped to 82k !

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, unless they have some nonsense requirements such as a copy of ID. Instead I can send picture of money. I didn't place a backorder.

Last edited:
•••
Wondering who lets it drop actually ?

The current bid is 31k ! Certainly many NP members have bid on it.

shop names with any one letter prefix are very valuable.

Last edited:
•••
261 people private auction at Snap names;

Since 261 placed backorder on the name there

Snapnames has best Auction system for drops
Private over Public Auction, all day, everyday.

Unlike DropCatch, if the #1 bidder fails to pay
The #2 gets an option to buy (much better imo;
DC kept re-auctioning; pissed me off; if no pay.

By odd coincidence it is also registered in exactly 261 extension according to dotDB.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder why Microsoft would drop a domain like this....will be interesting to see if they also end up dropping eshop.ca in a few months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EShop_Inc.

Parviz Omidyar co-founded the company that became Eshop Inc. when it was sold to MS back in 1996, and then he founded eBay.

I'd hate to be that person who's in charge of renewing domains.

Last edited:
•••
With the current high bid around ~50K, assuming that the winner is (would be) a domainer, I'd be curious to see his asking price for an enduser, and, should it be sold to an enduser someday, what the price would be. Yeah it is good and valuable domain - no questions here. The truth is that some domains, including this one, are too generic. I mean that a business owner who sells earphones (made-up example) may prefer to to invest in EarphonesShop dot something instead... not in eShop.... and "big boys" may rather prefer to build an own brand (google is google and not "Search Engine dot something"). It reminds me b/e/s/p/o/k/e dot com case - dropped in 2014, a serious bidding war, high price paid by the domainer (for 2014 of course) - and it is still not sold to an enduser as a matter of fact.

Last edited:
•••
Not yet finished, last bid 72k !

•••
$148,134.00 is a large amount.

•••
impressive performance, congratulations to the buyer and seller. :)

•••
will make a nice hand-reg for someone.

:)

•••
The problem is nowadays there's no need to explicitly state that your shop is electronic, online etc. Many people shop online as their first choice and for them it's simply a shop.

Agreed, but still a great option for a Shopify competitor for example, one who is serious about the business.

•••
Wondering who lets it drop actually ?

The current bid is 31k ! Certainly many NP members have bid on it.

shop names with any one letter prefix are very valuable.

Retail, this is still a 6-fig domain. I would estimate that the right buyer will at least pay in the range 200k for it. I know that the e might seem dated but it's still quite valuable.

It's a safe bet for whoever is the winner - I expect a mid 5-fig range on this one.

•••
Right, shop names with a letter and a hyphen before are still well priced.
E-shop (.gr) here in Greece is the biggest eshop in our country.

•••

Tell that to eSports.

•••
Are you referring to my article?
I wrote it over the weekend, and instead of scheduling it for Monday morning as intended, I accidentally hit the wrong date and it was published too early. I unpublished it, finished up the article and rescheduled for today.

As you wrote, this auction is on the way to become the deleted name of the decade. The actual bid is 62k.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back