IT.COM

Epik Wikipedia battle is full-on right now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
@Intelliname has engaged the battle with the Wikipedia handlers who have been camping on a Wikipedia article about Epik that is full of nonsense narrative.

You can follow the debate here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Intelliname#April_2020

Bring popcorn but do it quick because they will probably censor this too.

Take lots of screenshots.

Here's a start:

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-17.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-14-56.png

upload_2020-4-16_13-15-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
neither is epik.com - they are a reputable registrar that does a decent job, just like Godaddy and Dynadot. I like all yall btw, its the article not me.

Hi @The Durfer -- I appreciate you showing up with neutral input. And not trying to gaslight other conspiracies. Sticking to the issue at hand. #respect

•••
Thanks for running child care @Silentptnr so the adults can go to work. Good luck.
What you should do, fairly speaking, is ask wikipedia to state the facts first about Epik.com in the first paragraph, then in the history section let them comment on what they mentioned. It would only be fair and balanced to accept and to dish. :)

•••
I see it now, they put the general summary in the history section for Epik.com they should move that to the top and move their comment to the history section. the end.

this sentence,"Epik was founded in 2009 by Rob Monster, who serves as the company's chief executive officer. The company is based in Sammamish, Washington.[" (wikipedia) should replace the second half of the first sentence in the epik article. And the second half of the first sentence should be placed in history.

Last edited:
•••
What you should do, fairly speaking, is ask wikipedia to state the facts first about Epik.com in the first paragraph, then in the history section let them comment on what they mentioned. It would only be fair and balanced to accept and to dish. :)
One of the best suggestions I saw which is logical and not biased. Good job Durfer.

•••
:xf.laugh: Where do you find these people Rob. Again, I'm not sure why this goes over your head, but people are responsible for their own actions. Why not take apart that Wiki article or Huff Post article, line by line? They quote and source the stuff.
picking particular biased source and then posting it with an intent to defame is the problem

•••
i understand the editor has passions running also, against things like that personally, due to the fears of the media controlled world, but she still shouldve had a general format to write it, just like Godaddy's and Dynadot's.

•••
So, I took a step back and read through the thread.

There's one thing I just can't seem to wrap my head around.

Why do some members appear to not like Rob? It seems that small group of older members, no matter the topic, are either threatened by or bothered by Rob. It's really clear. This group is not happy with moderators or anyone else that disagrees. This group won't ignore. This group won't mind their own business.

It's not about Epik, not about other members, it's about something to do with Rob.

Me, I operate on an independent level. I don't get wrapped up too much in the Namepros ministry side of things. I'm a domain investor. That's it.

But some seem almost cowardly in the handling of their dislike instead of just saying it straight.

It's sad to see really. If I don't like someone, I do one of two things. I am polite but do not engage, or I just tell them.

No reason to attack. Nobody to protect. No reward for so-called "sticking up".

So here's anyone's chance. Let's be grown ups. Let's just say it openly and publicly instead of beating around the bush.

Do You Dislike Rob Or Not?

•••
One of the best suggestions I saw which is logical and not biased. Good job Durfer.

This is the exact point. Near these exact words have already been used and submitted. Dozens of times. You can actually see the change, submission, and reversion history. They refused to yield at all. Hence the elements of exposing their connectivity and the degree of attacks leveraged against Epik over six months.

•••
I like Rob. He is a mover and shaker. A rebel of sorts. Takes it as good as he gives it.

@bmugford @JB Lions ....come on, man up!

Feel free to read through any number of my posts to see my issues.

Peddling conspiracy theories like the New Zealand shooting, hosting and sharing a video of it for instance. That is so inappropriate, while at the same time saying things like "stay classy".

On NamePros specifically the self promotion gets rather old. Rob has had countless posts moved and edited because of this.

Rob can only reinvent himself so much. The internet remembers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Peddling conspiracy theories like the New Zealand shooting, hosting and sharing a video of it for instance. That is so inappropriate, while at the same time saying things like "stay classy".

On NamePros specifically the self promotion gets rather old. Rob has had countless posts moved and edited because of this.

Brad
I respect that.

•••
:xf.laugh: Where do you find these people Rob. Again, I'm not sure why this goes over your head, but people are responsible for their own actions. Why not take apart that Wiki article or Huff Post article, line by line? They quote and source the stuff.
picking biased 1-2 articles and then quoting them to form the overall image of epik is the problem here

•••

Brad
So why take the approach of Sheriff instead of being a voice of reason. Some posts come across as aggressive.

•••
I'm no newbie here JB. You playing in the big leagues here sir.

Right now, you're either being a troll, or lazy. Again, why not simply go read those threads? You're acting like you have no clue on what the issues might be?

•••
Do You Dislike Rob Or Not?

I don't know what I think of Rob to be honest.

I really want to like him.

But as long as we're being honest, I'm suspicious he might be full of *****. Or worse, a psychological danger to any of his or epiks followers, if he is apart of, or if this indeed is a coordinated attempt at anything other than what epik is presented to be. Possibly a hidden battle between george soros and the people behind gab? I don't know what to think anymore. Should I say Thank you or another You @Rob Monster ?

This is the exact point. Near these exact words have already been used and submitted. Dozens of times.

Do you not see the other point?

That it might be hard to get to that conclusion with a seeming constant stream of gaslighting propaganda or instigating a threatening culture?

I wish I could be more cordial here.

But your treatment of Molly, and similar other handlings have led us to this point.

•••
•••
I don't know what I think of Rob to be honest.

I really want to like him.

But as long as we're being honest, I'm suspicious he might be full of *****. Or worse, a psychological danger to any of his or epiks followers, if he is apart of, or if this indeed is a coordinated attempt at anything other than what epik is presented to be. Possibly a hidden battle between george soros and the people behind gab? I don't know what to think anymore. Should I say Thank you or another You @Rob Monster ?

Do you not see the other point?

That it might be hard to get to that conclusion with a seeming constant stream of gaslighting propaganda or instigating a threatening culture?

I wish I could be more cordial here.

But your treatment of Molly, and similar other handlings have led us to this point.
Thanks for that Grilled. I always have my guard up somewhat. Not just with Rob.

•••
Brad. Do you dislike Rob? Have you reached out to him on a personal level?

I am not a fan of his actions and associations. I am also not a fan of the lack of taking responsibility for those actions and associations. Instead, the fall back position seems to be vast conspiracy theories.

I will just leave it at that.

Brad

•••
Well, you obviously haven't read certain threads, where I answer all the questions you're asking. I'm not here to catch you up. If you're truly interested, you would simply read.
Well, I was hoping for a simple yes or no. You see, if a person can say, I don't like someone, then repair and growth can start.

•••
upload_2020-4-20_4-14-5.png

why not the above opinion is valid for all those accusations which have been thrown intentionally at rob to defame him. why not registry cancel the registration of the domain which is the problem of all this issue.

•••
Still waiting for a popcorn emoji

•••
•••
•••
Okay, so Brad , Grilled and JB have essentially made it clear.

They don't care for you Rob. They don't like the way you play here.

Anyone else on the Dislike side of things?

•••
Specifically @Rob Monster , they feel you have gone to the very core of Namepros and stolen it's soul.

•••
i reserve the rite to pout! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back