IT.COM

Epik scamming us again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Registered domains in the morning...
But after 12 hours, they are still not registered.
..or registered by someone else.
But no refund, no apologies.

Pure scam.
Who knows how long have they been doing this.

All signs show that they are cash hungry,
but the solution shouldn't be stealing money, and get away with it
unless victims make a complaint.

They did this before, they have been warned.
They fixed their mistake, and it is back,
because cash is sweet.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you try to pay for them with your Masterbucks? If so, maybe now MasterBucks usage is being further restricted? If they are unable to do cashouts, do they even have the money to pay the registries?

•••
•••
Problems with .com only, looks like (previously other extensions were affected). Used instore, so there should not be a payment problem. They took the money from instore.

Can this be registry related? Unlikely because other registrars are ok.

I think Epik should sell some shares and raise cash this way. Their unethical and illegal methods
will put them in bigger troubles otherwise.

Epik has many good aspects, and must survive, but they first should get rid of the evil there, maybe themselves.
Such bad things are done intentionally. They think they can get away with what they are doing. Maybe sometimes they do. I need to check my all purchases until now one day.

If not intentional, I wouldn't call this scam.
But I warned them about many things, they did nothing to fix them. Made things worse and worse.
So only possible conclusion, they are trying to do evil things, and some bad things can be accidental side effects, but they are doing suspicious things behind the scene, either to make undeserved profit, or to cover
their mistakes.

Last edited:
•••
If you look up the whois, the domain has been registered by someone else with Epik, or with another registrar?

•••
They remained mostly unregistered.. Epik didn't try to register them... Yes,it can happen that they register but not move to our account, but this is not the case here.

Btw, Namesilo sucks as well today. It is not possible to register more than one domain there. They keep registering the same domain, even without our approval.. This might be related to their failure in emptying carts.
..they say: payment successful,..what. Anyway, but looks like they don't charge again.

•••
So only possible conclusion, they are trying to do evil things, and some bad things can be accidental side effects, but they are doing suspicious things behind the scene, either to make undeserved profit, or to cover
their mistakes.
So they need an "Epik exorcism? to avoid a "domainer doomsday?" Should be interesting...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I requested refund 3 times, they ask email and pin everytime, and they refunded for only 2 so far, although there are many paid but not registered domains (and eventually registered elsewhere).

So they insist on scamming. How else can this be interpreted.
This is like, a thief is caught while doing its job, but still trying to steal more, instead of trying to escape, or inventing excuses.

Aftermarket buyers: don't worry, you will pay and buy just one domain, so it is easy to track your money and domain. Your main records are at the registry, and registrars are only used for management purposes. You won't be affected with epik's evilness or incompetence (whichever is real, maybe both).

Last edited:
•••

Pure scam.
Who knows how long have they been doing this.

All signs show that they are cash hungry,
but the solution shouldn't be stealing money, and get away with it
unless victims make a complaint.

They did this before, they have been warned.
They fixed their mistake, and it is back,
because cash is sweet.

I cant believe u are still with a company which causes u so much pain and problems and time wasted on posts. its borderline insanity on your part. did u sign a billion year contract with em like scientology? or maybe epik is the only registrar on planet earth?

•••
Currently there are no problems at Epik affecting me. I can't edit posts above. I still give them feedback in less essential matters.
Others may have masterbucks payout problem, I don't, because I keep money there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back