Dynadot

Epik tech insiders stealing our passwords?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
They allow us to login (not easy anymore..)
but we are logged out immediately without our consent.

What does this mean, they are stealing our passwords.

They might be even killing eachother to erase evidence of their crimes.

Maybe there is only one bad guy there, but good guys don't know who that person is,
or have no power to stop him.

I click login link, they connect to google analytics. What the hell, maybe they give our info to them.
Google probably knows which domains we have, even if we don't use gmail.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Epik.com does appear to have some type of site login issue as of this comment (2023/03/05, 8:00pm PST).

•••
I tried to login with correct user/pw. They waited for along time, to say, login failed. Their error screen was not the usual one. Looks like the evil devil inside Epik created an error page of his own.

And tried to visit sign in page once more and got this disgusting error:

It appears you are having a hard time logging in! If you need password assistance, you can use the forgot password feature. If that doesn't work, please click the Live Support button below. Note - If you fail logging in 1 more times, your account will be blocked for 24 hours

Last edited:
•••
Their TERROR got worse. I just clicked sign in link and got this error, although I didn't type user/pw:

Login failed. Daily failed login attempts limit reached.

•••
Google probably knows which domains we have
This may or may not be the case. However, your epik portfolio (and that of any other customer) is definitely disclosed by epik to one data collecting firms - Intelium / Estibot. To give you "valuable" domain appraisals. A questionable advantage, and, as the result, Intelium knows everything about your Epik-regged domains...

•••
Estibot may not know which ones are ours. (but probably they do)

Anyway, currently everything looks ok (need to check). Login is possible and fast. Registration is possible and fast.
Probably they know how to make things work, but they often intentionally make them not work.

What they forget: honest business is more profitable (unless you are in politics). For example although Dynadot is 1+ usd cheaper for .com I still prefer to use Epik at this stage, because I have money there, and less effort is needed to sell (but once you sell can you use that money: this is related to their level of honesty and competence).

Things may not work during maintenance hours. In such a case, they should just show maintenance page, instead of pretending..

Last edited:
•••
Yes there are indeed such login/logout issues, I was about to chat with Bruno and I try visit my domains and it have logout, wanted to tell him about this issues.
When I try to login second time got such error.
Curl error: (28) Operation timed out after 60001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

•••
ALL THE EVIL IS BACK AGAIN.
As soon as I say , things are ok, they screw it again.
Since fixes are not permanent , the only explanation for all this seems to be
to trying to silence me for a while. Maybe I'm the only customer left.

They are horrified that I might spend my masterbucks, although in theory it would mean profit for them.
Also they might be horrified that I may renew a domain which they are about to grab and sell.
In any case, what they are doing is pure domain terror. They should lose their registrar status, although with little effort and some good intention they could become a perfect registrar again.

Last edited:
•••
They previously were using "Federated Identity" during login, and then that appears to have been rebranded to Epik...which now they're using ID.Epik.

Federated Identity(.com) is no longer SSL, which is odd.

So maybe the switching around has caused login issues? Did you previously have a Federated Identity account?

•••
You keep posting complaints about them but why do you still stay with them?

•••
•••
You keep posting complaints about them but why do you still stay with them?
Probably big portfolio ..for moving away to reliable registrar we need some extra bucks . So we are epik hostages.

•••
No, I didn't have a separate Fed ID account.

Why stay at Epik, because I have domains there, transfer requires renewal. Most need to be sold before renewal.
Also I have money there which i can't move out.
And not only me, everyone complaining.
And Epik has good sides, in addition to new horrible sides.

Strangely renewals working (but slow), registrations not, at the moment.

(Maybe some people with big cash stuck there, should buy aftermarket domains at Epik. )

What would be the most horrible thing:
You have money which you want to withdraw,
Epik adds your inquiry to their quee.
You will have to wait for an unknown period of time.
So you won't get your money when you want it.
So you decide to spend part of it.
But Epik says, it is in withdrawal quee, and can't be used.
Can this happen: maybe.

Last edited:
•••
The boogie monster is coming to get you. Hide under your bed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back