Dynadot

Epik now erasing our messages to buyers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
A new level of evil at Epik marketplace, and it was expected.
They are erasing our messages, and also looks like buyers don't see our price, only we see them.
So it may be the case that they split some negotiations into 2 parts,
buyer and epik, and epik and seller
epik is buyer in one, seller in the other
if there is a contradiction, just kill the communication and the sale.

We need our own parking.

Is there any parking service , who has zero interest in domains,
and just provide parking service, with communication
(uncensored+filterable) option. .
If not filtered we will get: we are 55+ ..spam all the time.
(maybe it is not spam, they send 1 message per domain).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You post a New Epik thread very often lately , being honest , it’s a very bad look , because it’s not just you , but a few people. People can look back far before the hacking incident and see that the business model Epik was under full attack , people were beefing with Rob Monster ,then hacked , now under attack again .

Then, you make accusations with NO proof behind your statements , you should put substance behind your allegations , screen shots ? Something that backs up your allegations against the company . The same with other people suddenly posting and making allegations against Epik .

These posts are cached by Google , they can show up when people do searches regarding Epik .

Last edited:
•••
looks like buyers don't see our price, only we see them.
Godaddy lenders through vpn (US) hiding the bin and showing broker request form. But Epik? Could you post the screenshot how does it works

•••
We need our own parking.

Is there any parking service , who has zero interest in domains,
and just provide parking service, with communication
(uncensored+filterable) option. .
If not filtered we will get: we are 55+ ..spam all the time.
(maybe it is not spam, they send 1 message per domain).
I think Bodis works in this way, you park and list domains as Inquiry in same time, who visit the domain see the ads + at the top "This Domain May Be for Sale" message after they press the link they visit the Inquiry page and can send you offer, you get the email with offer and have the email to reply back.
I did not try other options because not have Escrow support in my country, that is why I negotiate by email further.

•••
I was warning Epik in the past but not calling them evil, and I was even defending them against attacks from others (in an unbiased way), because they looked suspicious. Since they decided to hide buyer info and insisted on their mistake, I call them evil, because it can only have evil purpose (arbitrage scam (directly, or indirectly), all others probably doing it as well). Their previous mistake was , showing "contact owner" page for our expired domains, and stealing those leads (keeping for themselves). I was very angry about it as well, but I partly "blamed myself" for not renewing. Since new bugs pop up everyday, it looks like they are making evil changes these are intentional or unintentional mistakes they make. Why not just build a honest system and let it stay that way.
If you lie once, you have to lie more to hide your lie, and this seems to be what exactly they are doing: covering one mistake with another mistake, instead of fixing the mistake and apologize, and thanking us.If they are not fixing an obvious mistake everyone can check , then I can't see how this can have good intention.
Most of I say can be checked by anyone, so why should I have to post a screenshot. Will you see my IP in that screenshot...anyway, it takes time. I'm not lying. I never lie.

Look at their email: The prospect buyer has rejected a 0.00 counter-offer from you for your domain..

Price was not 0.00 It was a 4 figure price.

And before this, the buyer said something like: what do you mean by 0.00

And silence of Epik is an extremely strong evidence. In the past they would defend themselves against anything. They were very reasonable. Now they think they can't defend themselves and I have more evidence than I'm posting.
I think most people at Epik are good people, but some evil people seem to be screwing it from inside.

EDIT: EPIK LOGIN IS UNREACHABLE FROM MY IP.
They blacklisted my IP for now at least. And yes, only my IP.
Edit2: whitelisted again. Maybe they were doing some cleanup on my account.

Last edited:
•••
We need our own parking.
One can always purchase cheap shared hosting and open 1 page website with a contact form. Not a big deal. A next step might be opensource support/tickets system (1 click install in most webhosting control panels) which would allow to manage all negotiations online, without emails.

Last edited:
•••
Sell on own platform and hosting it is becoming clear that more work is required and stop giving away all your parking traffic to marketplaces instead network with each other.

•••
That sounds more like a bug or technical glitch than Epik deliberately trying to sell your domain for $0.

I haven't had an offer there in a couple of months but I don't like their system anyway. If someone makes an offer there and you accept it, Epik should automatically attempt to charge them (perhaps even do a pre-auth charge for $1 before the offer even gets sent). That way when you accept an offer, you don't have deadbeats or someone coming back trying to haggle you down further than the agreed upon price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back