Dynadot

Epik: New proof of evil intention

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
They are collecting "buyer info", and hiding from us.
What the hell do you plan to do with it.

They say , we don't interfere.
Ok, should we trust you. Why should we.

And now people can contact you, and you won't receive their message, even in censored form !!!!
As expected, they will collect leads, and hide from us, wait until we drop those domains,
and quietly grab and sell. Disgusting !

From being the best to becoming the worst, in such a short period of time.
Maybe they are channelling dark forces.

In my experience, if people are creating room which would allow them
to act as evil, then they are really planning to do such things. So you need to make
strong objection from the beginning. Otherwise they will invent low quality excuses
when things go wrong, and may even prefer to ignore completely.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So why are you still there? You have started many threads like this but you still seem to remain with Epik. Doesn’t make much sense. If you don’t trust them you should move on and sell somewhere else.

Also where is the “proof” as mentioned in your clickbait title?

Last edited:
•••
Maybe, because it is easy to use.
Parking at a marketplace doesn't seem to make much sense either, because
we will have to deal with anonymous agents instead of actual buyers,
and agents can screw things up in many ways.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe, because it is easy to use.
So easy to use but you accuse them of evil intent every couple of weeks. If you aren’t happy with them move on. These threads are a nuisance at this point.

They aren’t changing how they operate for you or because you start these threads. Still waiting for your proof.

•••
I'm always seeing stuff about Epik in the forum these days

@topdom If you have any solid proof, share it. Otherwise, just do business elsewhere

Last edited:
•••
Well i don't like Godaddy put my names on domains auction without asking me , but maybe have in T&C mention this ( not read )
I dont like people who don't delete domains or put domains on sale but they are not the owner
On Sedo once a domain get a substantial offer contact you via some brokers and say that domain is for sale
but at higher price...and more other things....
but in the end we are a happy happy happy family 🤗

Last edited:
•••
I find it odd that buyers email/phone number are not released when an offer comes in.

Perhaps, the buyer did not submit these info when they made the offer?

•••
if you don't say anything you won't go back:
to be honest,
the problem im having with my epik domains is on the backend/servers side im now getting almost 0 traffic at all. being duped person nally is a problem against me.. nice guys finish last, whose responsible, whose to blame other than me.. my evil twin brother? no.. nothing! ive tried namesilo, go daddy its all shooting the breeze reps as I understand it.. their all but gone, trustless, because i have alot now no_url_shorteners/randomjavascript- just to name a few, typo..

the lesser evil is epik? where else to go and not be taken, advantage seriously thats unfair

the icann internet actually isn't fair like life could always be, on the wrong side of history without internet police and advice like one johnberryhill i think, in other worlds are those caught between a rock and a hardplace believe in the wrong people? jesus!

time will tell, only tomorrow never comes? ..till the right people come along is how it works i take it.

•••
In light of GDPR (which is European indeed, but a lot of US companies do comply) marketplaces should simply make it clear how are personal details from inquiry forms processed, and who will have access (which includes the sellers, brokers, etc.). Such a policy should be public and apply to all inquiries imo, without exceptions. Does the marketplace in question have such a clear and published policy in the first place?

Last edited:
•••
Epik is cheating. They decided to collect buyer info and hide it, and claimed they don't interfere (an obvious lie). And then early today they decided to hide all new messages, not only their contact info (and they were pretending everything is ok). And now they erased all the past as well (inquiries). Maybe they are trying to erase some evidence for legal protection purposes. They pretend they are domain owners. They own our domains , means they own us. This is their logic. They are the king, we are slaves. We are their personal property.

(What evidence is everyone talking about , above. You can test it yourself and see.
Why not go elsewhere: it is not easy to transfer so many domains, and others can be problematic as well,
still looking for personal parking options, the place I park must have zero interest in domains).

Last edited:
•••
Proof or it didn't happen

These constant Epik attacks are ridiculous , attacking Epik then in turn using Epik by some who have attacked Epik, Is a bad look IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Epik is cheating. They decided to collect buyer info and hide it, and claimed they don't interfere (an obvious lie). And then early today they decided to hide all new messages, not only their contact info (and they were pretending everything is ok). And now they erased all the past as well (inquiries). Maybe they are trying to erase some evidence for legal protection purposes. They pretend they are domain owners. They own our domains , means they own us. This is their logic. They are the king, we are slaves. We are their personal property.

(What evidence is everyone talking about , above. You can test it yourself and see.
Why not go elsewhere: it is not easy to transfer so many domains, and others can be problematic as well,
still looking for personal parking options, the place I park must have zero interest in domains).
If what you say is true, is there a recourse that you can have, such as with ICANN, the FTC, or even the BBB?

•••
All registrars and parking companies collect lead data that they do not share with the domain owner. Traffic, inbound offers, etc. That data can be used in all sorts of ways. Such as pitching similar domains owned by others or the registrars themselves. They are only out looking after their own interests.

•••
I'm warning Epik here. This is not an attack. Just a friendly feedback. They need to understand that being evil is a bad thing. They can be reported to Icann or courts. Namepros is a good place to make such complaints. They pretend they are domain owners when those domains are ours (not theirs), and this is illegal. For example if I pretend I'm president of some country, it is a crime.
Maybe most of Epik is good, but there is one evil guy there who needs to be removed.

Last edited:
•••
All registrars and parking companies collect lead data that they do not share with the domain owner. Traffic, inbound offers, etc. That data can be used in all sorts of ways. Such as pitching similar domains owned by others or the registrars themselves. They are only out looking after their own interests.
So, you are saying that a domain owner, listing their name for sale with a certain company, may actually have them withhold information about buying offers?
That's very sad, and, IMHO, unethical and bad business practice.

Last edited:
•••
All he has to do is stop using their landers or transfer . EASY. He’d rather make accusations, gripe repeatedly and complain than actually do something.

If they had evil intent I think they would show you the door for your incessant conspiracy theories about them and numerous negative threads on them.

•••
So, you are saying that a domain owner, listing their name for sale with a certain company, may actually have them withhold information about buying offers?
That's very sad, and, IMHO, unethical and bad business practice.
Yes. How often do you get an offer and know who made the offer, their email, phone, etc.? That is a free lead your domain generated for the registrar/marketplace. Whether that offer ends up in a sale or not, it is a lead that the registrar/marketplace has to use to pitch other domains. They also capture other info, like what domains did this person browse, what have they purchased, etc. You are unable to reach out to this prospect later because you don't know who they are, but the registrar/marketplace can and they don't share that info with you. This is a very common practice. It is basically the cost of using their service of selling your domains.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. How often do you get an offer and know who made the offer, their email, phone, etc.? That is a free lead your domain generated for the registrar/marketplace. Whether that offer ends up in a sale or not, it is a lead that the registrar/marketplace has to use to pitch other domains. They also capture other info, like what domains did this person browse, what have they purchased, etc. You are unable to reach out to this prospect later because you don't know who they are, but the registrar/marketplace can and they don't share that info with you. This is a very common practice. It is basically the cost of using their service of selling your domains.
Perhaps there needs to be far more clarity for ach marketplace as to their practices. The cost of using a service for selling a domain should simply be the commission.

Last edited:
•••
They fixed part of it, but we don't know (and I don't think so) whether things are the same as they were 2 days ago. They changed something, and this was the bug (probably unintentional), and was this (invisible) change good for us or bad for us. Of course bad. They give themselves more control, and almost nothing left for us. They are not ok with fair business, they want more. In their eyes, we are wasting big sale potential, so they would make the profit instead. Also they are discriminating between NP users. Someone bought a domain from them for 35K, and they feel they owe him, and try to keep good relations with him, so he can see contact info. Also he doesn't have lots of average quality domains (whose potential is not clear from the name alone) there and not use their parking, so there is no loss there. I think I'm the unique single target of these evil changes. Contact owner, but no,.. your message goes to Epik only, part of it, or all of it. Actual owner sees less important part of it, or none of it.

Whois hidden by default according to GDRP, and you can still contact owner of a domain via the registrar, and probably this is an Icann requirement. And Epik twists this idea, and hides "buyer"'s info (seller's info need to be hidden instead, buyer gives his info intentionally, and seller is the intended recipient). That "buyer"
might be my friend trying to send sensitive info to me, but for Epik it is just one of parties to be scammed
in case of a sale, during registration period, or after drop event.

Last edited:
•••
Whois hidden by default according to GDRP, and you can still contact owner of a domain via the registrar, and probably this is an Icann requirement. And Epik twists this idea, and hides "buyer"'s info (seller's info need to be hidden instead, buyer gives his info intentionally, and seller is the intended recipient). That "buyer"
might be my friend trying to send sensitive info to me, but for Epik it is just one of parties to be scammed
in case of a sale, during registration period, or after drop event.
Would it help if you remove all privacy settings on Epik, so you can be contacted directly?
Alternatively, if you have privacy on, is there an extra step you have to take to remove any proxy mailings not being sent to you? An astute NP member had pointed out that, in GoDaddy, there was a second step to remove the proxy mail settings, so email are directly sent to you.
I'm glad to hear that Epik is responding at least to some of your concerns.

Last edited:
•••
I can remove privacy but don't prefer it. Epik might be doing what Icann says correctly in whois contact sense, but creates an alternative contact method also which is misleading.

This is like, there is an entrance for a building, which is functioning correctly, but you create a bigger shiny door near that building, and let people in, and as soon as they enter they fall off a cliff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back