IT.COM

Epik domain registration/renewal not possible

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Managed to renew 1 domain, and then they blocked renewals
by getting the money but not providing the service.

Obviously it is not a tech issue (they are lying, and even worse, ignoring).

Epik's domain terror is at its max.

Registration, renewal, withdrawal, refund not possible.
They get the money , not provide the service, and forget about it.

EPIK, STOP YOUR DOMAIN TERROR.

They can't even afford making easy profit without stealing money.

If I renew 1000 domains, it would mean 1000+ usd profit for them
without any cost, or any effort, , but they consider it
as 10,000 USD loss, as if it is their money.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your the reason I fell off the wagon last time.
Maybe its a sign from below, or above
I imagine it would be a red sign.
So they took fresh money from you and didn’t renew?

•••
Managed to renew 1 domain, and then they blocked renewals
by getting the money but not providing the service.

Obviously it is not a tech issue (they are lying, and even worse, ignoring).

Epik's domain terror is at its max.

Registration, renewal, withdrawal, refund not possible.
They get the money , not provide the service, and forget about it.

EPIK, STOP YOUR DOMAIN TERROR.

They can't even afford making easy profit without stealing money.

If I renew 1000 domains, it would mean 1000+ usd profit for them
without any cost, or any effort, , but they consider it
as 10,000 USD loss, as if it is their money.
For whatever reason, you seem to be the only one that has this problem. Have you considered that maybe you are doing something wrong or there could be a simple answer. Have you contacted tech support? Have you tried with other registrars?

Have you tried everything to make this happen more smoothly?

Is it just one particular name or is it multiple names?

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Using masterbucks, and instore. The money comes form recent sales.
They work for a while, but then as expected they stop working.
I told them many times : don't touch my money.
Works for 1 hour, and stops working for 1 week.
And then they say our tech team is doing perfect job of fixing problems.
And if they respond, it is just a tech issue, problem solved for them.
Let me talk to those tech people directly.

•••
I'm not the only person of course. Many people have money stuck there.
If Dynadot creates the same system for landing page/marketplace,
I will stop using Epik permanently, because enough is enough.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not the only person of course. Many people have money stuck there.
If Dynadot creates the same system for landing page/marketplace,
I will stop using Epik permanently, because enough is enough.

and what special system is that exactly?

•••
•••
Using masterbucks, and instore. The money comes form recent sales.
They work for a while, but then as expected they stop working.
I told them many times : don't touch my money.
Works for 1 hour, and stops working for 1 week.
And then they say our tech team is doing perfect job of fixing problems.
And if they respond, it is just a tech issue, problem solved for them.
Let me talk to those tech people directly.
There may be an issue with using masterbucks. I have always used the online chat function to get any technical issues resolved and generally (once I get through to a human) they are fairly honest and they don't mind helping you as much as they can within obvious limitations.

I hope that you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Rgrds,

Redd

•••
Congrats on sales. Sorry they seem to give you more of a rough time than some others. Hopefully they will straighten things out for you and pay their debts

•••
What is special at Epik. Not much, but their default contact form is useful. Most messages are stupid, offtopic, etc, but some lead to sales, and saves time.

Also, comparing with Dynadot.. At Epik you can list a domain right away. At Dynadot they have grace period.
I click "sell" icon, Dynadot shows me a rotating half circle, and nothing happens, no error, just a nonworking system, and we don't know why it is not working, probably because there is a grace period.

Last edited:
•••
What is special at Epik. Not much, but their default contact form is useful. Most messages are stupid, offtopic, etc, but some lead to sales, and saves time.

Also, comparing with Dynadot.. At Epik you can list a domain right away. At Dynadot they have grace period.
I click "sell" icon, Dynadot shows me a rotating half circle, and nothing happens, no error, just a nonworking system, and we don't know why it is not working, probably because there is a grace period.
I have about 300 domains at Dynadot. AFAIK if you update the DNS this takes it out of the grace period and you can then list your domains for sale at Dan etc. This is my experience so far.

•••

yea dyna is primitive ui as hell... they dont even value client time enuf to write few codelines in all their years that will remove all expired names if we tag all our names for some bulk actions.... they must think spending few hours to code this is not better than saving clients 848484848 hours over 50 years untagging names for some bulk actions. this is basically the most pathetic thing I ever saw. @Dynadot

my fave is sav
..best ui and prices.. ever checked their landers and all that? I dont use that but maybe they fit yer needs... dont pay attention to some bad sav reviews... all in all they are the best now.

•••
Contact form is good because:
Asking what the price is, is easier than making an offer.
We want to know who is the buyer: serious or not.
We want to be able to do followup.
We can list in multiple places, and give priority to the original source
(adjust prices accordingly), create room for arbitrage, but not too much.
Invite others to the game.
For example at Sedo you respond to a lowballer, and for 1 week you can't do anything,
not even sell to someone else elsewhere. Buyer will get your info, you won't get his info,
who knows if the buyer is Sedo itself or not.
Dan has landing page resolving issue.
Afternic may work, but responding to price request rarely works, because actual buyer is not making that request.
None is perfect. But someone can create a system which works well for everyone.
But if everything works perfectly on selling side, we lose on buying side.
if Epik can remain functional, it could be good both for buying and selling,
but they must be real idiots to act like this and kill their own business
by stealing customer money temporarily.

Last edited:
•••
I too have the same issue. Placed renewal order for my 10 domains and they sent the invoice after successful payment, but domains are still not renewed. I placed this order before 10 days. When I contact their support, they told me that it is a tech issue and their registration and renewal is not working. They also don't have a specific timeframe by which the issue will be fixed. So I've started moving my other domains to another registrar. Really horrific experience as they are not willing to initiate a refund. So I'm planning to open a dispute in Paypal.

•••
I have paid by PayPal with no problems whatsoever up to this point. Immediate renewal. Thank God I don’t have many domains left there.

Its bad that their fake money doesn’t even work internally consistently . They just don’t have enough funds with the registry at most times it seems. Not enough money at the registry no renewals, no regs.

I noticed to not even bother on the weekend because they have run out of weekly registry funds by them. Do your renwals on weekdays. Better yet transfer what you can and don’t count on Masterbucks. They can’t use what they don’t have. They are hanging by a thread imo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back