Dynadot

Epik, Dan or Efty? Epik!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
In case you are not aware, Epik has entered the field.

In our opinion, Times of Dan and Efty are now gone.

We think Epik is better.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You cannot compare Dan, Efty and Epik

They are each unique....

Dan - is the best marketplace but it will cost you an arm and a leg.

Efty - is the best self hosted marketplace (well as close to self hosted as you can get for a small fee)

Epik - is a registrar and for security and escrow (escrowish) service they cannot be beat. I guess they have a marketplace but it has a long way to go before it catches up to Dan or Efty, but it's free so you have to decide.

So you see.... each is kind of unique and if I were a betting man I would say that Epik will eventually knock it out of the park. When all the different services Epik has get streamlined into one dashboard, or the marketplace gets a shiny facelift they will be the clear winner.

•••
Dan is extremely easy to use and user-friendly with an excellent dashboard and nice looking landing pages...

Epik is easier to use. You send one email to Jessica, and she does everything on your behalf.

Last edited:
•••
You cannot compare Dan, Efty and Epik

They are each unique....

Dan - is the best marketplace but it will cost you an arm and a leg.

Efty - is the best self hosted marketplace (well as close to self hosted as you can get for a small fee)

Epik - is a registrar and for security and escrow (escrowish) service they cannot be beat. I guess they have a marketplace but it has a long way to go before it catches up to Dan or Efty, but it's free so you have to decide.

So you see.... each is kind of unique and if I were a betting man I would say that Epik will eventually knock it out of the park. When all the different services Epik has get streamlined into one dashboard, or the marketplace gets a shiny facelift they will be the clear winner.

You are missing the point. Look at what is being offered, for how much money and for what amount of effort. We are not posting out of the blue.

•••
Times of Dan = You guys have no clue how blockchain works?
Times of Efty = You guys have no clue how for sale pages works?
Times of Sedo = Networking. Pitching to a big CEO, you really only have 1 shot, Sedo have 10 shots to engage them.

Open your mind and enjoy the game!

Good luck!

Sedo has 10 time more shots to engage CEOs? We kindly disagree.

Why didn't they pitch Cooking.com to CEOs? Industry defining domain went for what?

Last edited:
•••
Sedo has 10 time more shots to engage CEOs? We kindly disagree.

Why didn't they pitch Cooking.com to CEOs? Industry defining domain went for what?

Nice try :) Do you know anything about the competition law? btw. Have you ever ordered anything from Cooking?

•••
The competition law is whoever offers an equivalent product for less, conquers the market. We see Sedo either adopting or falling. They are no longer the only marketplace, yet they still charge like they are.

Last edited:
•••
The competition law is whoever offers an equivalent product for less, conquers the market. We see Sedo either adopting or falling. They are no longer the only marketplace, yet they still charge like they are.

Thank you for your answers!

•••
•••
Are you going to contribute to the topic?

•••
As much as I love Epik, it's ALWAYS good to have other options out there.

•••
It is. But there are only so many you can use.

•••
Anybody used Epik Site Builder?

How does it stand vs Word Press, Squarespace, Wix or Sitebuilder?

•••
Anybody used Epik Site Builder?

How does it stand vs Word Press, Squarespace, Wix or Sitebuilder?

Has this kind of thing been answered on another thread? I'm looking to build some websites.

•••
•••
Has this kind of thing been answered on another thread? I'm looking to build some websites.

Not yet, it seems.

The rated builders are Beaver, Divi, Thrive Architect. And Elementor for a free plan.

•••

The SiteBuilder we use is pretty good. You can try it risk-free for 30 days. We did a major upgrade about 4 months ago, and now offer a complete package of SiteBuilder, Hosting, Email address and SSL for one low price. We can easily add CDN and DDoS mitigation if folks needed it. More here:

https://www.epik.com/solutions/sitebuilder/

•••
You are not presenting any argument, it is hard to argue for you here.

Selling classic-long time established Industry Category name has become more difficult in recent years eg Cooking, Gold, Shoe, Clothing, Chocolate, (mostly ping pong sales) ...

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Anybody Else have Forever Registration, besides EPIK ?

•••
•••
No, not correct. We can approve anyone to list domains from other registrars at Epik. We don't do this by default because it is a way to prevent fraud from domains being listed in the marketplace by people who don't actually have control over those domains. Most NamePros members are approved within minutes. This also allows folks to park domains at Epik as well as use the SSL domain landers for free.

Hi Rob, I'm interested in this upgrade of my Epik account as I'd like to give your marketplace a second chance. Can you please upgrade my account to that level? Just sent you PM.

Last edited:
•••
Go Epik, it's almost Cyber Monday!

•••
Back