frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
the most pleasant experience I have ever had selling a domain
just happend to me at epik . com

I had a domain with epik using their for sale lander
having a buy now price of $1488 USD

after an email inquiry for that domain from a lead
asking for price, I answered its $1488 USD Buy Now.

A few days later I got this email from epik

---

Dear Frank,

We are pleased to inform you that your domain XXXX has sold for the fee of $1488.
The domain has been pushed to the buyer's account. The funds have been deposited into your Masterbucks account. You can now use these funds commission-free and tax-free anywhere on Epik. Alternatively you can cash it out from your Masterbucks .com account. Congratulations on your sale.
Regards,
Marketplace Operations
Epik .com

--

thats it

no fees
no fees to transfer the money into my paypal
no fees to fund my epik account

easy - silently - uncomplicated

no auth code
no: we need to verify the funding
no: we are waiting to clear the funds
no emails: you have lead - but no sale ever happens like at uniregistry

simply a sale.
I love you epik !

thanks
Frank

@robepik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the most pleasant experience I have ever had selling a domain
just happend to me at epik . com

I had a domain with epik using their for sale lander
having a buy now price of $1488 USD

after an email inquiry for that domain from a lead
asking for price, I answered its $1488 USD Buy Now.

A few days later I got this email from epik

---

Dear Frank,

We are pleased to inform you that your domain XXXX has sold for the fee of $1488.
The domain has been pushed to the buyer's account. The funds have been deposited into your Masterbucks account. You can now use these funds commission-free and tax-free anywhere on Epik. Alternatively you can cash it out from your Masterbucks .com account. Congratulations on your sale.
Regards,
Marketplace Operations
Epik .com

--

thats it

no fees
no fees to fund my epik account

easy - silently - uncomplicated

no auth code
no emails: you have lead - but no sale ever happens like at uniregistry

simply a sale.
I love you epik !

thanks
Frank

@robepik

no fees to transfer the money into paypal?? I think I read somewhere there is a fee for withdrawal. 5% or something.

p.s: congrats!

•••
•••
•••
no fees to transfer the money into paypal?? I think I read somewhere there is a fee for withdrawal. 5% or something.

p.s: congrats!

haven't recieved it yet
will let you know
maybe paypal will charge me as usually

•••
Congrats on your sale! (y)
the most pleasant experience I have ever had selling a domain just happend to me at epik . com...
Yep, swift and seamless sales using Epik's marketplace listing. A great, cost free alternative to escrow service :xf.grin:
noo fees
There is a withdrawal fee - it's 5%
The amount credited to your PayPal account will be 5% lower than the withdrawal you ordered. Surprise, surprise! For some reason, they do a poor job of communicating this when ordering a withdrawal from your Masterbucks account (n)
There is a week long verification delay if it's your first sale and you withdraw funds to PayPal. After that the withdrawal takes a few hours to a day.
Incidentally, Epik does a poor job of communicating here, too, hence no notifications such as you speak of. Not such a blessing from where I sit... I would have preferred to know that funds will be 5 working days late arriving in my PayPal account! But that's just me :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Congrats Frank. The domain was registered at Epik?

•••
•••
...The domain was registered at Epik?
It has to be registered with Epik for this process to work as described. That is to say, it has to be there to make a Private BIN Listing in Epik's Marketplace once you have a buyer. It takes but a couple of hours to transfer-in a domain to Epik after you've agreed on everything with the buyer :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
•••
And then +$40 if international wire.
Not at all. Withdrawal from PayPal to a bank account is free of charge and takes about 2 working days.

•••
Not at all. Withdrawal from PayPal to a bank account is free of charge and takes about 2 working days.
I'm talking about withdrawal from Epik to your bank account...
If you are outside the USA - it will be: 5% + $40

•••
For comparison...
I pay for bank withdrawal just fixed 15 EUR at Sedo and $15 at Payoneer.
I'm outside the USA and outside the EU.

Last edited:
•••
I'm talking about withdrawal from Epik to your bank account...
If you are outside the USA - it will be: 5% + $40
Let me rephrase: withdrawal from PayPal to a Hong Kong bank account is free of charge and takes 2 working days :xf.grin:

Similarily from PayPal to a bank account in Poland (3 working days), althought we avoid withdrawals to Poland to avoid tax complications. Hong Kong is tax free! :cigar:

Disclaimer: depending on how you look at this, there is a 2% hidden fee as PayPal allows withdrawals in local currency only, at a less than optimal rate of HK$7.60 (as opposed to, say, HK$7.75). Ditto for other currencies. We are working on mitigating this issue.

Last edited:
•••
PayPal supports such withdrawal only for small number of countries.

•••
It has no any sense to lose 5% and then withdraw via PayPal...
When you may pay just small fixed fee using Sedo and Payoneer...
For ACH-wires and EU-wires it will be even less than it costs for me (as mentioned above).

•••
Last edited:
•••
It has no any sense to lose 5% and then withdraw via PayPal...
There is no escrow fee, using Epik. How much do you pay Sedo or Payoneer for their escrow service?
When you may pay just small fixed fee using Sedo and Payoneer...
For ACH-wires and EU-wires it will be even less than it costs for me (as mentioned above).
Sedo is a non-starter with us, but have plans to check out Payoneer soon (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sedo is a non-starter with us, but have plans to check out Payoneer soon (y)
Strangely...
Sedo Escrow (3% or min. $60) is the only one TRUE escrow in industry... they secure not only money but domains as well (at least for all popular registrars).

•••
PayPal withdrawal at Sedo - at no fee, they use PayPal MassPay...

•••
1.5% escrow fee at Payoneer (min. $10)... And even less if transaction is over $5K...
+ 3% if buyer pays by Card, 0% for Wire.

Last edited:
•••
Payoneer doesn't allow PayPal at all, in both directions.

•••
•••
haven't recieved it yet
will let you know
maybe paypal will charge me as usually
Proceeds received from Godaddy to PayPal are exempted from from PayPal fees.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back