Dynadot

advice Epic Squadhelp Fail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CatchDeleted

Established Member
Impact
I submitted the name "Killerideas.com" on July 2021 to Squadhelp premium. They outright rejected the name. (No problem) I Also submitted the name for a re-review and it was not approved. I submitted the name in Namescon Rapidfire auction and one of the industry's prominent domainer and brokerage firm owner bought it for high 3 figures (Yay!) The day before yesterday domain was transferred to their account and Dan paid me. (Great service!)

Today, just out of curiosity I checked the lander and to my surprise, it has a Squadhelp premium lander for 24,999 ! They removed the name from my rejected list and approved the name in 2 days for the other domainer who is known in the industry. Clearly, I am disappointed and I have written to support to justify this, but personally, this is a wake-up call for me to choose the right marketplace and price it right based on my instincts and research.

I am just writing to let everyone know that this happened to me so that they go back and check on the names that they submitted in past and don't think that just because they rejected doesn't mean domain does not have a high value.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I submitted the name "Killerideas.com" on July 2021 to Squadhelp premium. They outright rejected the name. (No problem) I Also submitted the name for a re-review and it was not approved. I submitted the name in Namescon Rapidfire auction and one of the industry's prominent domainer and brokerage firm owner bought it for high 3 figures (Yay!) The day before yesterday domain was transferred to their account and Dan paid me. (Great service!)

Today, just out of curiosity I checked the lander and to my surprise, it has a Squadhelp premium lander for 24,999 ! They removed the name from my rejected list and approved the name in 2 days for the other domainer who is known in the industry. Clearly, I am disappointed and I have written to support to justify this, but personally, this is a wake-up call for me to choose the right marketplace and price it right based on my instincts and research.

I am just writing to let everyone know that this happened to me so that they go back and check on the names that they submitted in past and don't think that just because they rejected doesn't mean domain does not have value.

Good thread, good points..

Something for new investors to learn from.. As long as you are doing the research properly, don't doubt yourself.

•••
Actually this is a killer name why you sold it for very cheap?!

Last edited:
•••
It is a great name why you sold it for very cheap?!
Agreed its is a great name and I just submitted it because I have too many such names :) It was last sold for 5K. The point is not that why I sold cheap, point is how the same domain is treated by a brandable marketplace when submitted by 2 different domain inevstors. I will be more careful going forward, Sometimes I am letting domains drop because it was not accepted to the places where I want to list. Back to my plain landers now... :)

Last edited:
•••

I am just writing to let everyone know that this happened to me so that they go back and check on the names that they submitted in past and don't think that just because they rejected doesn't mean domain does not have a high value.
SH require a minimum of 60 days btw premium submission, you initially submitted July ,new owner submitted September , that's 60 days plus ... I think this is more of you giving up on the name too soon than SH favouring "industry's prominent domainer" , you may be right but you are most probably wrong on this one.

•••
Same thing happened to me, twice. Two names rejected by SQ, so I got a refund at the registrar. A few months later I saw them listed at SQ by the new owner.

•••
•••
Same thing happened to me, twice. Two names rejected by SQ, so I got a refund at the registrar. A few months later I saw them listed at SQ by the new owner.
it happens, and they gave the heads up
Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 3.48.23 AM.png

•••
Nothing strange, shady or unusual here.

They reject many great names. Frankly, I think the internal review team need some more exposure.

If you submitted for expert review, fellow domainers like you reviewed the domain (although Squadhelp still ultimately decides if its a good fit for their marketplace). And they (expert reviewers) should share the blame.

After 60 days, you get the opportunity to resubmit the domain for another review. And you could be lucky to see the domain accepted. I have had names that were initially rejected approved after resubmitting it.

As for the domains being removed from your rejected list, that's also normal. That's how the system works there.

•••
I hope it is not normal that a name is first rejected twice and then 6 months later approved for 25K and I think the buyer, with her reputation as broker for big sale has had an influence here - If nothing else you have learned an important lesson, believe in your own gut feelings and don´t always rely on marketplaces valuation especially when it comes to brandables

Last edited:
•••
So who can we trust when someone like me, who has no idea how much a name is worth, in the brandable market places?

•••
They removed the name from my rejected list and approved the name in 2 days for the other domainer who is known in the industry.
Obviously SH is playing favorites 🤷‍♂️. Tsk.

•••
Frustrating for sure.

On the plus side it will probably take 24 years to sell at that price.

•••
My last sale which I reported in the 'Report your completed domain sales', sold for $2200 on afternic.

Squadhelp and Alter rejected it.

Don't give up on your brandable names. List on afternic anyways. It's free and much more exposure than a niche market.

Last edited:
•••
Thank God.

i thought was the other “epik” (lol see my avie)

Thank you for sharing! I would advise tagging GrantP, NP SH rep, to this thread. Good luck!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
It think people should stop being so naive about this industry. There is clearly a huge insider or cliquey element to domaining. A lot of the "big names" in domain selling/buying/brokering have an old boys club thing going on where if your in, you pretty much can't fail. Names will be accepted without hesitation based solely on who you are and who you know etc.

I'm not knocking this as it's just part of business and happens in every industry. Just want to make sure that nobody fails to see this. Don't think for a second that this is a level playing field.

•••

This happens all the time over there. Glad you learned something. You can sell your names without SH approval you know anywhere you want.

•••
SH has different tiers for sellers. I think higher tiers don't need SH approval they just list a whatever domain for whatever price they like. (platinum or whatever it is).

Also, I realized that a lot of high priced (list price) domains in SH wholesale market are listed by such high tier sellers with inflated prices (3-5x more than original SH list price) so that they can liquidate such names quickly. I decided to not buy anything from their wholesale market anymore after list prices of two of such wholesale purchase was reverted back to 3x less than the list prices when I purchased. I was trying to make minor price update but the only option available was to decrease the price to way lower. There was no way to change back once I clicked on a lower value out of curiosity. At the end SH support manually updated for me but I leaned a lesson that prices and approvals are not as vetted as SH make us believe.

•••
They removed the name from my rejected list and approved the name in 2 days for the other domainer who is known in the industry.

Totally agree with your assessment here.

P.S: Watch out for some not-so-subtle shills on this thread.

•••
•••
Our support team received a few questions related to this thread so I am sharing some additional details here.

This domain was originally submitted for review in July 2021 and was rejected on July 20, 2021. It was again submitted for review by another seller on Sep 27, and was approved.

It is unfortunate that the domain was not approved the first time - the review process can be subjective and sometimes good names can get missed due to the subjectivity in the process, or due to human error. As a result, several sellers find that when they appeal a rejection or resubmit the name after 60 days, some of the names get approved second time.

I can only see two submissions for this name in our system (one in July and second in Sep by another seller). If you had submitted an appeal, or requested another eview, could you please share the details with our support team (such as any email or appeal status) so that we can check why it is not showing that another review was requested.

On a broader note, I would also like to add that approval or rejection in a brandable Marketplace is not necessarily a direct reflection of the quality of the name. We accept names based on what styles we believe will likely resonate with our buyers based upon the data we have, but this is subjective and it is entirely possible that a name that was not accepted in the Marketplace would eventually sell on other platforms - in fact that happens quite often.

In order to eliminate any bias in approval process, we do not show the seller's name or other identifying information in the expert review process. Many names are automatically accepted or rejected entirely based upon the votes in the expert review process. If the names are sent for a secondary review by the internal team, the names are accepted or rejected primarily based upon the team's assessment of overall fit with the Marketplace, and not based on who the seller is.

It is understandable how these situations may create the impression that some of the names are being unfarily accepted or rejected - we would only ask to consider the possibility that some names when resubmitted after few months can be accepted the second time, especially if the first rejection was due to a human error. Our review process is not perfect, and will continue to work on ways to improve it further.

•••
Perhaps revamp "internal reviews" to 2 people rather than 1 to avoid human error, if this isn't the case already.

Last edited:
•••
Today, just out of curiosity I checked the lander and to my surprise, it has a Squadhelp premium lander for 24,999 !
One can think that maybe the domain was selected at a high price because the new seller has some internal connection or maybe they just took a shot and, in the second review hit the bullseye.
Well, we can never know but I think sometimes the stars align in a strange way.

I submitted a one-word .xyz for $30k once. Yeah, you can think, damn that's some crazy amount for a .xyz.
Well, the team took their time, and after 2-3 days the domain was accepted as Premium for the same amount.
I guess, they just have a strict review team (It should be as they must receive hundreds of names every day) and if your vision and their parameters align your name will be accepted for your desired price.

•••
because so many domains submitted per day, so if missed some gem then its inevitable. try to resubmit them or ask for review.

•••
Squad helps review process is fucked.

I'm not sending anymore names to them and I have over 100 with them.

They need to revamp who reviews because I'm getting some junky stuff accepted and some premium stuff denied.

•••
Back