Dynadot

advice Epic Squadhelp Fail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CatchDeleted

Established Member
Impact
I submitted the name "Killerideas.com" on July 2021 to Squadhelp premium. They outright rejected the name. (No problem) I Also submitted the name for a re-review and it was not approved. I submitted the name in Namescon Rapidfire auction and one of the industry's prominent domainer and brokerage firm owner bought it for high 3 figures (Yay!) The day before yesterday domain was transferred to their account and Dan paid me. (Great service!)

Today, just out of curiosity I checked the lander and to my surprise, it has a Squadhelp premium lander for 24,999 ! They removed the name from my rejected list and approved the name in 2 days for the other domainer who is known in the industry. Clearly, I am disappointed and I have written to support to justify this, but personally, this is a wake-up call for me to choose the right marketplace and price it right based on my instincts and research.

I am just writing to let everyone know that this happened to me so that they go back and check on the names that they submitted in past and don't think that just because they rejected doesn't mean domain does not have a high value.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Our support team received a few questions related to this thread so I am sharing some additional details here.

This domain was originally submitted for review in July 2021 and was rejected on July 20, 2021. It was again submitted for review by another seller on Sep 27, and was approved.

It is unfortunate that the domain was not approved the first time - the review process can be subjective and sometimes good names can get missed due to the subjectivity in the process, or due to human error. As a result, several sellers find that when they appeal a rejection or resubmit the name after 60 days, some of the names get approved second time.

I can only see two submissions for this name in our system (one in July and second in Sep by another seller). If you had submitted an appeal, or requested another eview, could you please share the details with our support team (such as any email or appeal status) so that we can check why it is not showing that another review was requested.

On a broader note, I would also like to add that approval or rejection in a brandable Marketplace is not necessarily a direct reflection of the quality of the name. We accept names based on what styles we believe will likely resonate with our buyers based upon the data we have, but this is subjective and it is entirely possible that a name that was not accepted in the Marketplace would eventually sell on other platforms - in fact that happens quite often.

In order to eliminate any bias in approval process, we do not show the seller's name or other identifying information in the expert review process. Many names are automatically accepted or rejected entirely based upon the votes in the expert review process. If the names are sent for a secondary review by the internal team, the names are accepted or rejected primarily based upon the team's assessment of overall fit with the Marketplace, and not based on who the seller is.

It is understandable how these situations may create the impression that some of the names are being unfarily accepted or rejected - we would only ask to consider the possibility that some names when resubmitted after few months can be accepted the second time, especially if the first rejection was due to a human error. Our review process is not perfect, and will continue to work on ways to improve it further.
if I'm being honest, the review function is basically non-functional (except the logo and sometimes acceptance price review), it definitely needs more attention.

•••
•••
Today, just out of curiosity I checked the lander and to my surprise, it has a Squadhelp premium lander for 24,999 ! They removed the name from my rejected list and approved the name in 2 days for the other domainer who is known in the industry. Clearly, I am disappointed and I have written to support to justify this, but personally, this is a wake-up call for me to choose the right marketplace and price it right based on my instincts and research.

Wow, this is pretty well incontrovertible proof of what others have been saying for years.

•••
I submitted the name "Killerideas.com" on July 2021 to Squadhelp premium. They outright rejected the name. (No problem) I Also submitted the name for a re-review and it was not approved. I submitted the name in Namescon Rapidfire auction and one of the industry's prominent domainer and brokerage firm owner bought it for high 3 figures (Yay!) The day before yesterday domain was transferred to their account and Dan paid me. (Great service!)

I am just writing to let everyone know that this happened to me so that they go back and check on the names that they submitted in past and don't think that just because they rejected doesn't mean domain does not have a high value.
Interesting!

•••
I think SquadHelp is like a 'branding agency' (like maybe Red Bull? maybe that's what they are trying to go for) rather than where you submit your domain names to make sales. Part of this is because they have their own in-house 'crowd' of creatives that come up with the domain names via contests.
It's like, hey we've got all these creatives here .. you think you are better than us?
I don't know for sure but I think they just get ideas from the submissions and even make money $1 or 1 coin per 'premium' (i.e. normal) submission, and maybe even keep track of them in a book to register later themselves when you don't renew them.
All my submissions recently, like 40+ are rejected by SquadHelp Team or whatever even before the Expert Review process is finished. If they even get to 10 Expert reviews, they get stuck there until SquadHelp Team finally rejects them. They never once let the Expert Review process finish normally.
I submitted a name that was rejected by SquadHelp many years ago and then it was approved at Brandpa and when I didn't renew the domain and it got expired it got listed on SquadHelp. Seeing how many installments, it seems like it was SquadHelp registered.
Ironically when I submitted a name to SquadHelp for the final time years ago before calling it quits, I submitted a name that I didn't own but let SquadHelp register it, and to my surprise it was approved. It never got a sale to this day however.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back