IT.COM

strategy Entrepreneurial Psychology – The Motivational Theory Of Drive Reduction

NameSilo
Watch
brand-development-tips10-Entrepreneurial Psychology - The Motivational Theory Of Drive Reduction.png

I found that the motivational theory of drive reduction hit home for me in my studies and decided to translate the theory using an emotional trigger I know about first hand (Hunger/Starvation).

In this article, I walk you through the drive reduction theory with an example of how I used it to bounce back from very hard times in my distant past. For those of you interested in learning a new motivational technique, here you go.
In my last article, I covered the motivational theory of instinct. Today, I’ll be touching on yet another motivational theory to add to our arsenal and help us all stay motivated longer. I ask that you don’t let the title or some of the words in this article intimidate you, I wrote this for all skill levels to follow easily. Whether you are a veteran speaker of motivation or just starting out, this can benefit you.
For more perspective, let us take a look at “Hunger” and how one is motivated naturally by it. I’ve experienced hunger myself back in the day and feel my own experience with it can help translate the theory of drive reduction in an easier to follow format than someone trying to explain it that has never experienced genuine hunger.
It starts out fine for the first few days, with just some tummy grumbles. By day 5 your tummy is not only grumbling, you are now feeling weaker and tire faster. During this phase, you are not quite desperate yet, but you are considering things you’ve never done before in your life. Such as, but not limited to holding a sign for change at stoplights, putting on a costume and standing on the corner for a small retail shop, just to get enough money for a few bites to eat.
As an entrepreneur, motivation is a key factor to your success and a necessary element in avoiding failure.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back