NameSilo

.tv ENOM issues... their pricing system stinks

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

ownthisdomainnow

Established Member
Impact
27
I have been regging my developable .tvs at enom.tv... because I want use of their tools when they come out.

But this week they advertised in their pricing guide that .tv was $24.95 or so. I went to register and got hammered for $49.00 - and I had to reg for 2 years. Should have gotten it at ChannelMe... but I thought they were the same.

It's like going into a convenience store and grabbing a 2 liter of drink. Walk up to the cashier and he says, "$1.50"... Then I remember to grab a candy bar. I go back to the other cashier and she says "$3.00 for the 2 liter".

Something is wrong ith this picture.

Then the customer service person tried to tell me that the $24.95 promotion was over a month ago. Then at the end of the conversation she said she knew it was priced the way I said yesterday.

QUINN... how can you help me out? I am thinking of switching registrars.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I have some concerns about how well the marketing will be if this is the caliber of their employees in that department.
 
0
•••
D-D, just from a marketing standpoint, it might serve your company's interest to not only offer him a refund of the extra money spent, but some other discount as well, just so your company can exit this incident on a positive note.

The idea is not to win some pyrrhic posting competition in a thread that sacrifices your good will and the company's name in order to save one $24.95 charge.

If you are not going to help resolve the incident, then your company would probably be better served if you would just stop talking - all you are accomplishing is ticking off your customer base.
 
0
•••
Dangerous Dan said:
Equity, I'm in marketing - not customer service - but my take would be if the price you expect is not in the cart, don't complete the transaction. When I go to any ecommerce site and the price I expect to pay for an item doesn't show up in the cart, I don't click "buy" and then try to appeal it later.

I don't know David's tenor or tact when he called Customer Service so I can't speak for his personal experience. If he was treated badly, I apologize.


DangerousDan, I agree with you on one statement. You are in marketing, not in customer service. That is very apparent. Your job it to get the product out. This thread proves you have "zero" customer services skills.
I think most Np members now feel the same about Enom, and probably DemandMedia: "zero" customer service. I would think they ask you guys to join forums, such as Namepros, to help improve customer service. Since we know that is not true, maybe it is for another reason: Go there, see how we can make more money from these people! Now, that is marketing! :yell: IMHO

Frank
 
0
•••
Note from VP Customer Svc at eNom

All,

My name is Chris Sheridan and I recently joined eNom this week as their VP of Customer Support. I just had a chance to read this thread. Feel free to private-message me with any open issues related to TV. I am happy to assist where I can.

We do take support very seriously here at eNom. I apologize if your .tv experience with us was not stellar. We have big plans for .tv and I want to make sure that our customer needs are treated as a top priority.

All the best,

Chris Sheridan
VP Services
eNom
 
0
•••
sheridanct said:
All,

My name is Chris Sheridan and I recently joined eNom this week as their VP of Customer Support. I just had a chance to read this thread. Feel free to private-message me with any open issues related to TV. I am happy to assist where I can.

We do take support very seriously here at eNom. I apologize if your .tv experience with us was not stellar. We have big plans for .tv and I want to make sure that our customer needs are treated as a top priority.

All the best,

Chris Sheridan
VP Services
eNom

Chris, glad to hear Enom does have customer support. I am sure you will get many responses, and questions. Welcome to Namepros.com
Frank
 
0
•••
Another Good Move By Demand Media / Enom.tv

sheridanct said:
All,

My name is Chris Sheridan and I recently joined eNom this week as their VP of Customer Support. I just had a chance to read this thread. Feel free to private-message me with any open issues related to TV. I am happy to assist where I can.

We do take support very seriously here at eNom. I apologize if your .tv experience with us was not stellar. We have big plans for .tv and I want to make sure that our customer needs are treated as a top priority.

All the best,

Chris Sheridan
VP Services
eNom

Welcome to the forum Chris, you are a brave man indeed!!

But from the tone of your introduction, it seems that this thread, as uncomfortable as it is to read, may well have been worth it. I wish you well in your new position and hopefully all .TV domainers , investors and developers alike can look forward to a mutually positive experience both in terms of the services we will be looking to ENOM.TV to provide aswell as the customer service support to back it up.

As so many have already mentioned, we are your number one fan club and we will do whatever we can to promote the .TV extension in tandem with Demand Media and Enom.TV. Once again sir, welcome to the .TV forum.
 
0
•••
Hello Chris you were at Verisign correct? Can you please explain for everyone the confusion with pricing ENOM.com vs Enom.tv I know as a domainer that ENOM uses different channels to sell domains but the average person would not, NOTHING on ENOM.tv says $24.95 is for ENOM.tv accounts only even if you already have an account with ENOM. A disclaimer like that would help everyone involved
 
0
•••
sheridanct said:
All,

My name is Chris Sheridan and I recently joined eNom this week as their VP of Customer Support. I just had a chance to read this thread. Feel free to private-message me with any open issues related to TV. I am happy to assist where I can.

We do take support very seriously here at eNom. I apologize if your .tv experience with us was not stellar. We have big plans for .tv and I want to make sure that our customer needs are treated as a top priority.

All the best,

Chris Sheridan
VP Services
eNom

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to working with you

Antonis
 
0
•••
I just got in and was checking my stuff. Imagine my surprise when I saw the response from VP/CS Enom.

I will say that he has contacted me via PM. I have not returned the PM, though I intend to.

Mr. Sheridan, I appreciate your gesture here, and will be getting in touch shortly.

I was thinking about it earlier today. And I guess the weirdest thing was not knowing who was on first. Honestly, I never saw anything about discounts for registering at different places. That really threw me for a loop. If it had shown that I was getting charged more because I had registered my account at a higher priced joint, I probably would have understood.

Anyway, I am glad that this issue is coming to the forefront, and hopefully it will help spare some other people problems in the future.
 
0
•••
Nice to have you on board, Chris.

note: my last post to this thread was removed. "was it something I said" ?
 
0
•••
Hey Chris,

welcome onboard.

sheridanct said:
All,

My name is Chris Sheridan and I recently joined eNom this week as their VP of Customer Support. I just had a chance to read this thread. Feel free to private-message me with any open issues related to TV. I am happy to assist where I can.

We do take support very seriously here at eNom. I apologize if your .tv experience with us was not stellar. We have big plans for .tv and I want to make sure that our customer needs are treated as a top priority.

All the best,

Chris Sheridan
VP Services
eNom
 
0
•••
Follow Up from Chris, VP Services eNom

All,

Thanks for the welcome and support for .tv. I appreciate all your enthusiasm for .tv! I understand the feedback on our pricing. I am going to discuss this internally and see if we can improve the customer experience around the two different price points. The bottom line is that the point you are making is valid and I see where there could be confusion.

As I stated earlier, I am open to receiving private messages if you have further issues.

BTW - I thought I had email notification turned on. But I just discovered that I do not and have been unable to get it enabled. So I apologize for any delays on my response. I have to check the site manually for responses.

I am open to any advice on how I correct this. :)

Thanks everyone,

Chris
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back