IT.COM

End users & 4L domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ang

Upgraded Member
Impact
Cheers all, looking to discuss a couple things on end users and 4L domains.

I have sourced out a few strong prospects for some of my 4Ls using Google searches but feel like I am missing some.

1. How do you find good end users for 4Ls?

2. In your email, rather than providing keyword search stats, what do you provide to show positive impact on their organization?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold domain, parking page and just wait.

•••
I don't disagree however I would like to push out a few of them so looking for input regarding the items in my initial post.

•••
Cheers all, looking to discuss a couple things on end users and 4L domains.

I have sourced out a few strong prospects for some of my 4Ls using Google searches but feel like I am missing some.

1. How do you find good end users for 4Ls?

2. In your email, rather than providing keyword search stats, what do you provide to show positive impact on their organization?

Hi

1. i know you want to push some out, but it's best to let good end-users find you.

still, if you just gotta solicit somebody, then try your best to find those whos' current url or company name, could utilize your domain as an acronym or abbreviation.

2. search stats are irrelevant to an end-user.
only proven traffic statistics, parking revenue, etc., are valid points to express.

imo...

•••
I think search stats can be relevant to end users when you illustrate the potential exposure to their organization by buying your domain

•••
4L are acronyms. They usually don't have any search stats and no relevant traffic.
Companies use them to shorten their domain or facilitate internal communications.

A company called Boston Security Camera Inc. would probably consider owning BSCI.com instead of BostonSecurityCamera.com. If not for the their main business domain, maybe for internal purpose.

But for acronyms, I don't see how search stats could be relevant.

•••
Hence my initial question:

•••
Hence my initial question:

as stated before, if you don't have actual traffic stats or revenue or even a pre-built template/logo etc, then other than making up some fictitious blah, blah, there's nothing to say, other than "This name is for sale".

when your domain name doesn't "speak for itself" then you have to resort to other strategies, but they should be forthright.

maybe read thru this thread, which illustrates some of the emails that i, and other members have received from "other domainers" trying to sell their names.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/emails-from-domainers-selling-crap-names.742232/

perhaps you'll get idea of what it's like on the receiving end.

imo....

•••
Thank you @biggie this is beneficial to me as the names I have are not going to go for $xx,xxx and I would like to push some out to increase my capital to purchase some stronger names.

Appreciate the advice. Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back