NameSilo

advice End User Sale ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatDomainGuy

Established Member
Impact
AlohA

So I have a question in regards to a potential buyers status. On a name I was not selling.

I received an Offer today on a custom Hand Reg "Brand/Label" i created. I guess i never went threw my BulkTransfer list onto Undeveloped and it shows up listed.

With no plan on selling this as it's for one of my Apparel/ArtCollective ventures. (im an artist/designer)
Art work has been produced for this Brand , designs have gone into production, etc. Its being Developed. And ive never shown anyone the project or name yet.

Not sure who would find an Interest for the Brand"Name" other then another potential END user. Its the only logical thing that I can think of. I dont see it being sold as an asset and holding it for potential sale growth. Its too random of a name for that.

Now....

It was not listed with a price.
Offer was no where even close to slightly thinking about letting it go.
For the reasons mentioned above and my own personal potential END use Value. Its why i created it in the 1st place.

Was thinking...... I can just shut the door on the offer and reject...

Or

I could put my foot in the door for a second.... And throw back a counter offer adjusted to what I see as the potential value of the Brand. Thats not counting the yrs of work all ready applied to the name And the product thats all ready been created.

I mean , kind of the only thing reasonable to do in my mind ? My Value on my Personal vision and work is worth much more then offered.

I can toss out the proverbial hook and see if he bites ?

Anyone ever have this happen to them ? Its pretty random imo.

Any random thoughts ? lol

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
AlohA

So I have a question in regards to a potential buyers status. On a name I was not selling.

I received an Offer today on a custom Hand Reg "Brand/Label" i created. I guess i never went threw my BulkTransfer list onto Undeveloped and it shows up listed.

With no plan on selling this as it's for one of my Apparel/ArtCollective ventures. (im an artist/designer)
Art work has been produced for this Brand , designs have gone into production, etc. Its being Developed. And ive never shown anyone the project or name yet.

Not sure who would find an Interest for the Brand"Name" other then another potential END user. Its the only logical thing that I can think of. I dont see it being sold as an asset and holding it for potential sale growth. Its too random of a name for that.

Now....

For the reasons mentioned above and my own personal potential END use Value. Its why i created it in the 1st place.

Or

I could put my foot in the door for a second.... And throw back a counter offer adjusted to what I see as the potential value of the Brand. Thats not counting the yrs of work all ready applied to the name And the product thats all ready been created.

I mean , kind of the only thing reasonable to do in my mind ? My Value on my Personal vision and work is worth much more then offered.

Why are u thinking so much just counter or ignore and move on....

•••
The first thing you have to do is figure out if you want to sell it or not (regardless of price).
No need for random thoughts.

•••
AlohA

Now....

Or

just quote a price that would make you smile

•••
Why are u thinking so much just counter or ignore and move on....

im thinking out loud as an artist I guess?
maybe i was looking for other creators who have had an offer on one of their personal projects or business before, idk it was just a very random reach. just thinking. always thinking

•••
If you need some positive cashflow ATM, counter with an offer that will take care of that...

You've invested your time and money. If money is not tight, stay the course and tell the buyer that it's not for sale.

It's that simple!

•••
It reads as if your 'closing' a sale (in your head) That hasn't even got off the ground. You've already said the unexpected offer is way too low. Just contemplate reality and leave day dreaming to the bath-tub.

If I were a cynic - i'd say you were just trying to drum-up further interest here on NP

Last edited:
•••
AlohA

Now....

Or

For some of the projects I have developed in the past, I usually list the names for BIN prices way above their value during the development period. At completion, I take down the listing.

The reason I do this is simple. Most web ventures take time to take off and even more time to consistently make a profit. So, if while developing a name, someone buys it at that insane BIN, no problem at all.

By the way, I like the name Brand/Label. It might not be a domain investor's kind of name, but it looks and sounds great as a brand.

Goodluck

Last edited:
•••
For some of the projects I have developed in the past, I usually list the names for BIN prices way above their value during the development period. At completion, I take down the listing.

The reason I do this is simple. Most web ventures take time to take off and even more time to consistently make a profit. So, if while developing a name, someone buys it at that insane BIN, no problem at all.

By the way, I like the name Brand/Label. It might not be a domain investor's kind of name, but it looks and sounds great as a brand.

Goodluck

Thank you so much for this reply @FolioTeam I guess seeking like minded replies was what I was looking for. Well Like, a like minded mind as creators. I will for sure take this advice. I had just transferred ALL my .coms to Undeveloped , so I have yet to take down my Personal projects. Im extremely New to domains. Not designing brands. Everything is learning for me.

•••
It reads as if your 'closing' a sale (in your head) That hasn't even got off the ground. You've already said the unexpected offer is way too low. Just contemplate reality and leave day dreaming to the bath-tub.

If I were a cynic - i'd say you were just trying to drum-up further interest here on NP

Im now falling into the trap again @hawkeye

I could just leave this alone. This is not an response out of hurt feelings. This is just another reply to an absolute BS comment by another member on here.

But yea. I should have left it in the bath tub. Day dreaming on my contemplation on Reality.

Here we go gang. To just start off a fabulous Thur morn. Hope all you are having a great start.

Let me ask you @BaileyUK . Have u seen me even mention the name of this .com that im trying "to drum-up further interest on NP" ??? Wouldn't I want to advertise the name ? idk. Just my thoughts. In order to advertise or drum up interest, ya kind of want to mention the name ? But u do u.

Is this really what goes threw certain peoples minds on here when members ask questions ?
Are you this uncomfortable in yourself ? Or your own non success.
Im just baffled by these types of public replies to legitimate asked questions. People ask questions for Help. Not conflict.

Id say your are a cynic.

So to reply , out of my hurt feelings im going to enlighten you on my made up cry for Attention. This shit is non stop on almost every type of forum on the internet. Nothing new.

So. Just out of pure day dreaming and my cry for attention. I will story tell. 100% all made up.

I live on a very small little Island on the Eastern End of Long Island. Do you know your geography @BaileyUK
The Island is called Shelter Island. Figured id help you.
I was expanding my mind one night , reading threw old New York Times articles. Its fun. You should try it one day.
So im online reading. I stumble on an article written in 1997. The title of the article @BaileyUK ? I should let u guess but thats not far.

The articles title was https://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/18/nyregion/give-me-shelter-island-that-is.html
Give me Shelter (Island that Is)....

Now as an Artist and Designer. I liked the name. So I looked. It was there. I bought it along with another version.
Before buying the name I had spent a yr or so drawing up designs , logos , photos for a potential Brand related to the island i live on.
In my mind, I was just doing what I do on my day to day basis. I create for a living.

Fast forward up to yesterday.

I get an offer for this random name. I try to find info on the made up, day dreaming , non reality offer buy the name that came into my account from the fake made up guy that offered me the $
I cant find anything.

So i Google the name of the written Article to see what the heck is out there that would make some random made up fairy offer me fake $xxx on my non mentioned .com that ive been trying to drum up exposure on.

Well @BaileyUK

What would ya know ??????

Look at what I found ...

http://www.gimmeshelterisland.com/

"It was all a dream, I use to read Wordup Magazine"

Buyers remorse ? New Branding ? WTF knows ? But they want it.

The rest of this made up cry for attention, I'll leave right there. Cheers for your thoughts and POSITIVE reply.

Very much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry your offended mate, It is just an opinion.. Like many I do look at registration dates, Under what Company name and which servers a domains pointed to etc. just to see what might have brought things about. I'm not suggesting for a moment that the contact and offer is not genuine

Lets remember that after all this was just a simple low offer for your domain with what seems a lot of over reaction. I agree, I quite like the name and I assume it was your hand reg 17+ years ago. Yes, so I kinda got this feeling, As with all projects in-hand for 17 years that there may well be something else at play here. Probably just to test the waters

The use of wording like 'Name Traders' and 'Domain Sales' as the contact email and registrant info also probably swayed me to believe there may be a bit of hype at play here.
I have no worries about anyone rubbishing my opinion, It's all part of domaining .All the best for your day too

ps been to the States many a time, I Love NY XXX

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry your offended mate, It is just an opinion.. Like many I do look at registration dates, Under what Company name and which servers a domains pointed to etc. just to see what might have brought things about.

Lets remember that after all this was just a simple low offer for your domain with what seems a lot of over reaction. I agree, I quite like the name and I assume it was your hand reg 17+ years ago. Yes, so I kinda got this feeling, As with all projects in-hand for 17 years that there may well be something else at play here.

The use of wording like 'Name Traders' and 'Domain Sales' as the contact email and registrant info also probably swayed me to believe there may be a bit of hype at play here.
I have no worries about anyone rubbishing my opinion, It's all part of domaining .All the best for your day too

ps been to the States many a time, I Love NY XXX

Mate. Im not offended. Im reacting to yet another Assumption made by another member with not knowing wtf their talking about , in terms of backing to your random accusing of myself seeking attention.
Glad you enjoyed NY and im appreciative of your response.

•••
OK, So Hawkeye had also thought there may be spin-at-play in another thread. I can see why a second similar dig may bite harder . It was my intention to call-out what I see and read, so no apologies there

Anyway members here aren't fools, they'll form their own opinion

•••
I agree with @frank-germany. Respond with a price that you would be 100% satisfied with.

Yes, you had plans for the name, but really no one name can not be replaced by another, in my opinion, and if you get a good enough price why not sell it? I have development plans for a few names (but I am a senior and should be realistic :xf.wink:) - even ones I plan to develop 'someday' I list (usually) on Undeveloped. A good offer and they are gone!

I hope it works out well for you!

Bob

PS Congrats on the offer!

Last edited:
•••
Explain that u have real merch and effort out into the brand, then counter high.

If end user accepts, then be happy and reggae the same domain but with a hyphen or some kind of number at the end. That way you can still use all your merch.

•••
im thinking out loud as an artist I guess?
maybe i was looking for other creators who have had an offer on one of their personal projects or business before, idk it was just a very random reach. just thinking. always thinking

I guess
maybe
idk

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back