IT.COM

advice Maximize domain sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josquin

Impact
Hi all, my first post here.
I have a dotcom domain that I bought a few years ago, but I never used it since.
A few weeks ago I got an offer to sell the domain for 500 $, and I ignored it because it is a good name (TBH I was surprised it was available when I purchased it). Anyway, I checked the email address and the broker name and it was legit.
Today they contacted me again offering 6000 $ for the domain. My suspicion is the domain name is worth way more than this. How much should I ask in your opinion? I prefer not to share the domain name, just in case, but probably you can figure out its potential value by the amount they offered.
Any idea? Thanks!
Josquin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I prefer not to share the domain name, just in case, but probably you can figure out its potential value by the amount they offered.
Impossible.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
•••
If you hand registered this name, $6000 is probably a great offer.
DM me the name and I could tell you more.

•••
I prefer not to share the domain name, just in case, but probably you can figure out its potential value by the amount they offered.
Seriously???? You want to people to figure out a value on a 'something' domain, just because you got a $500 then $6000 offer?? OMG!! I can tell you what to ask for it. Ask for...well you can probably figure it out!!! SMH!! 🙄

Last edited:
•••
Seriously???? You want to people to figure out a value on a 'something' domain, just because you got a $500 then $6000 offer?? OMG!! I can tell you the potential value. It's worth.......well you can probably figure it out!!! SMH!! 🙄
:ROFL:

•••
Seriously???? You want to people to figure out a value on a 'something' domain, just because you got a $500 then $6000 offer?? OMG!! I can tell you what to ask for it. Ask for...well you can probably figure it out!!! SMH!! 🙄
Hi, nice dude, are you in charge of bullying newbies? Good! What I wanted to know from those who are more experienced than me is if an offer that increases 10x in a couple of weeks usually hides an interest in something which is worth even more, that's all. Anyway, thanks for your constructive contribution.

•••
What I wanted to know from those who are more experienced than me is if an offer that increases 10x in a couple of weeks usually hides an interest in something which is worth even more, that's all.
No, what you wanted to know is -
How much should I ask in your opinion?
which is impossible to know without knowing what our opinions are to be based on!!! So you're welcome for the contribution!!

•••
I prefer not to share the domain name
Are you willing to give any more detail other than this for example, is this a 2L, 3L, 4L etc...?

Last edited:
•••
No, what you wanted to know is -

which is impossible to know without knowing what our opinions are to be based on!!! So you're welcome for the contribution!!
Ok, well, I probably expected something like: "when a broker offers x and then 10x it means the domain is worth y" or something like this.
I may have worded my inquiry incorrectly but, for example, @Future Sensors was nicer than you (and he also has more impact :P )

•••
Are you willing to give any more detail other than this for example, is this a 2L, 3L, 4L etc...?
I don't know what it means... the domain is 12 characters long

•••
@Josquin You can't expect people to use their imagination with regards to an estimate, without stating it. Bit like asking a dealership what he'd pay for a car, but you can't tell him the model, year, mileage and other relevant information. Nobody means to be rude, its just none of us have psychic abilities

•••
•••
•••
@Josquin You can't expect people to use their imagination with regards to an estimate, without stating it. Bit like asking a dealership what he'd pay for a car, but you can't tell him the model, year, mileage and other relevant information. Nobody means to be rude, its just none of us have psychic abilities
You are absolutely right. Probably I should give more details. I'll think about it. Thanks.

•••
You are absolutely right. Probably I should give more details. I'll think about it. Thanks.
I like to think I'm confidential. Happy share my opinion, if you want me to. My DM is open

Last edited:
•••
I have a dotcom domain that I bought a few years ago, but I never used it since.
A few weeks ago I got an offer to sell the domain for 500 $, and I ignored it because it is a good name (TBH I was surprised it was available when I purchased it). Anyway, I checked the email address and the broker name and it was legit.
Today they contacted me again offering 6000 $ for the domain. My suspicion is the domain name is worth way more than this. How much should I ask in your opinion? I prefer not to share the domain name, just in case, but probably you can figure out its potential value by the amount they offered.
Any idea? Thanks!
Josquin

Without to know your 12 characters long domain , i tell in short : if the domain is not taken in any other extensions just accept the offer $6000 immediately .

•••
Small update, I asked for 8000 $ and they accepted! (y)
Now I have a doubt I could have asked for more... :unsure:

•••
Congratulations (y)

Hope your sale will be completed successfully, including payment.

How will you handle the payment/escrow?

•••
Congratulations. Do well to report the sales here when everything is complete.

•••
Congratulations on the two offers, and with a legitimate person making offers and a $6000 offer not long after the first is indeed a good sign in my books.

In general that high an offer on a hand-registered not so long ago name I can see those who say accept.

Usually an offer without you making a counter, as I understand it, probably means they are willing to pay a little more.

I have never negotiated a high-value sale, but there are many on NamePros who have, Hopefully one or two more of them would reach out to you to see if via DM what they would propose pricing wise.

Part of a decision should be how happy you would be with $6000. If happy, and if feel broadly fair, there is an argument to be made for not potentially losing the deal by trying for even more.

Best wishes,

Bob

EDIT I just saw after writing this that you got $8000 an on way to closing. Hope that goes smoothly. Congrats.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Any idea? Thanks!
Josquin

if you ask for a opinion, try give more info (niche) of the domain, is it a numeric, 4L, or meta names, anyway congrats for your sale! $8k from a handreg domain would a nice return, if i were you, i would reinvest 50% of the sale to purchase a better domain

•••
You won't even tell us the name, I highly doubt it even exists.

•••
Congrats on your sale, hope you complete the transaction successfully.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back