IT.COM

status-todo Enable 'Posted in this thread' symbol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
There are few threads that have more pages and at times getting a doubt if I/We have already replied or posted on that thread before.
I have noticed in few other forums that there is a symbol next to the thread in the display page (next to 'thread watched' bell icon) which shows if we have already posted on that thread before. It would help repeat posts or follow up with our own posts later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's already present, with your own avatar displayed on top of the OP's avatar.

Like this:

1676304658725.png

•••
We could probably make this visually clearer, I'll make a note on this for the next design pass over that area.

•••
We could probably make this visually clearer, I'll make a note on this for the next design pass over that area.
Great. Thank you. That would be more easier and solve the avatar color combination issues.

•••
there is a symbol next to the thread in the display page (next to 'thread watched' bell icon) which shows if we have already posted on that thread before
Which symbol do they use to indicate that you’ve replied in a thread? Could you attach an image of it, or describe it?

•••
Which symbol do they use to indicate that you’ve replied in a thread? Could you attach an image of it, or describe it?
I was trying to search that in some of the forums (Marketing / Tech / etc ) I used in the recent months and couldn't find the one that I remember.

May be some other Tech forum which I have not used recently or I confused myself with whatever I remember or that forum was using a different platform (as I see the recent forums I have used uses the same way used here).
I just captured WHT forums icon which has a green arrow to show that I have made a post on that thread. But its the same icon that will be shown when you start the thread as well and not showing the avatar of the users which may be a (-) point.

replied.png

May be the one I thought I saw was actually something else or using a different forum software. Anyways if I find that anytime in the future and if it was better in anyway I will come up again.

If its possible to show just the green arrow next to the OP's avatar instead of our avatar that might be more clear I guess. But not sure how others would feel it or if the software has those options anyway. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
•••
Anyways if I find that anytime in the future and if it was better in anyway I come up again.
Thanks for the additional info,
Screenshot_20230214_031859_Chrome.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back