IT.COM

New NamePros theme feedback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
First of all, apologies if there is a thread about this but I couldn't find it.

Now, I have to say, I really dislike the new appearance/theme.
I assume there was another reason, other than appearance, that a change was decided to be made but, from my usage experience perspective, that change resulted in many downsides and ZERO upsides.

Following is a short list of the top issues that bother me:

1. Speed: every action has an extra delay.
Even writing this message has a tiny delay between each keystroke. My PC's speed is more than adequate and I use firefox (which I consider a very fast browser).

2. Alerts size (ie. the bell icon and its pop-up) is way too small
Before, I could see there was an alert even when I was across the room, now it's almost impossible to see. Tried to zoom in but it made everything else gigantic.

3. Alerts need a refresh to show up. This is actually my biggest issue: alerts will not show automatically anymore.

During my work, I used to automatically get that red alert pop-up in my second monitor (where I have NP permanently on) and I would quickly act on that alert.
Now, I have to remember to manually refresh the page or actively click on the bell (which will reset the alerts) to see if there is anything of interest there.

Needless to say that, this small change, resulted in me not looking at alerts any more!

4. Alerts short text is a mess.
(By 'short text' I'm referring to what shows up when we check on the alerts after clicking on that bell)

I can't distinguish easily (as I used to) who has created/replied a thread, which thread it is, what title it is, etc. Everything is just a big chunk of text that makes my eyes bleed. I can't say why but, before, it was really easy to see all those things I mentioned in just a quick glance.

I won't even mention other, smaller issues, like eg. how now I can see *less* of a page on my monitor than before and now I need to scroll up and down more (zoom in/out doesn't help) etc.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all, apologies if there is a thread about this but I couldn't find it.

Now, I have to say, I really dislike the new appearance/theme.
I assume there was another reason, other than appearance, that a change was decided to be made but, from my usage experience perspective, that change resulted in many downsides and ZERO upsides.

Following is a short list of the top issues that bother me:

1. Speed: every action has an extra delay.
Even writing this message has a tiny delay between each keystroke. My PC's speed is more than adequate and I use firefox (which I consider a very fast browser).

2. Alerts size (ie. the bell icon and its pop-up) is way too small
Before, I could see there was an alert even when I was across the room, now it's almost impossible to see. Tried to zoom in but it made everything else gigantic.

3. Alerts need a refresh to show up. This is actually my biggest issue: alerts will not show automatically anymore.

During my work, I used to automatically get that red alert pop-up in my second monitor (where I have NP permanently on) and I would quickly act on that alert.
Now, I have to remember to manually refresh the page or actively click on the bell (which will reset the alerts) to see if there is anything of interest there.

Needless to say that, this small change, resulted in me not looking at alerts any more!

4. Alerts short text is a mess.
(By 'short text' I'm referring to what shows up when we check on the alerts after clicking on that bell)

I can't distinguish easily (as I used to) who has created/replied a thread, which thread it is, what title it is, etc. Everything is just a big chunk of text that makes my eyes bleed. I can't say why but, before, it was really easy to see all those things I mentioned in just a quick glance.

I won't even mention other, smaller issues, like eg. how now I can see *less* of a page on my monitor than before and now I need to scroll up and down more (zoom in/out doesn't help) etc.

Thank you
I concur with pretty much everything.

Also, when searching (at least on phone) I type in my search query, click search and it just goes to a main search page where I have to start again. (And found this page :))

Also, I typed a long direct message (didn't send), went to check another app, came back and the entire message was deleted including the heading. Not sure if that's just me.

•••
Totally agree. It's because of the many redundant "There may be more posts after this. You received this alert because you’re watching this thread." messages in every alert. Without, the alerts will be much cleaner.

•••
•••
Being a long-time visitor and user on the Namepros.com website and a long-time webmaster, I am very sorry to see the traditional, super Namepros Theme has been gone. It is like my online domain home disappears.

Generally, the traditional, super Namepros Theme is much, much and much better than the new Namepros Theme.

I feel disturbed by the unwise switch of the Namepros themes. Why switch to the Namepros theme that is comparatively much worse than the traditional, super Namepros Theme???

Why bother about changing to the new Namepros theme? Expecting to keep existing domain business people and attract more people to come? No, things will not happen in this way. Let's be frank, discerning and judging properly as to what is true and right for Namepros in the long run. I'm afraid the new-theme Namepros new website will be eventually resulting in gradually losing existing domain people and attracting less new people to come.

The Traditional, Super Namepros Theme is unique and great.

The New Namepros Theme is not unique. This kind of similar website themes are often seen on the Internet. More and more similar themes are made by computer geeks.

Why waiting time, human labor and cost to change to the generally much worse new-theme Namepros new website???

Make no sense at all for changing to the new Namepros theme, especially if the comparatively much worse new Namepros theme is made by a third-party.

Sincerely expect the traditional, super Namepros-Theme website, our domain home, will come back soon.

Best wishes to Namepros!

Last edited:
•••
Back