Domain Empire

news Emoji could soon take over domain names | CNET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The internet domain registrar and web hosting company is making it easier to search for and register available emoji-based domains. On Friday, the company launched a search engine for emoji domains. People can visit the site on their phones, type in a string of emoji and see if the domain is available.
As more of the world increasingly uses the internet on phones and other mobile devices, a flood of emoji-based domains seems inevitable. Heck, even the Touch Bar on Apple's new MacBook Pro will let you type in emoji, something that's difficult to do with a traditional computer keyboard...
emoji.png

Read More on CNET and DomainSuccess

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
I just had to get it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-11-13-43-44-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-11-13-43-44-1.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
•••
I can't type these domains, so they are unfit for advertising. I can only click on them, and provided that the browsing device can render the special characters. Don't you need special fonts that may not be available on every platform ?
Even a QR code can be scanned if you have a tablet or smartphone. But Emojis ?
Reminds me of the guy who is struggling to sell £.com and yet this is a character found on many keyboard layouts, that is actually usable but vanity nonetheless.

How To Use And Enable Emoji on Windows 10 And MacOS ...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/use-enable-emoji-windows-10-macos/

•••
•••
How To Use And Enable Emoji on Windows 10 And MacOS ...
Do you think the ordinary guy is going to bother ? He will have forgotten what the URL looks like anyway.

•••
Ahh! That's amazing.
Evidently GoDaddy is having trouble with it. Registered almost an hour ago. It's showing in my account but I can't make changes to it (nameservers). I have not received the email from Godaddy that its ready yet.

Last edited:
•••
Do you think the ordinary guy is going to bother ? He will have forgotten what the URL looks like anyway.
What? You mean people aren't going to remember my xn--cz8ha03b.... lol. Yeah, nevermind. I agree with you.

•••
•••
Evidently GoDaddy is having trouble with it. Registered almost an hour ago. It's showing in my account but I can't make changes to it (nameservers). I have not received the email from Godaddy that its ready yet.

Patience it is working fine for me!

•••
I guess it gives me time to think about what I want to do with it. @Jon Roig (and everyone else), any ideas on what I should do with a domain that I got purely for fun?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-11-13-43-44-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-11-13-43-44-1.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 55
•••
I guess it gives me time to think about what I want to do with it. @Jon Roig (and everyone else), any ideas on what I should do with a domain that I got purely for fun?

You can try to sell it through emojiBid.com (my newest emoji domain platform)

•••
That's a nice website! I was just about to make a simple marketplace on my Emojis.Fun for my domains.

•••
•••
I wonder if there is a way to setup the option to lease a domain on a weekly, monthly, or yearly option. Maybe someone would want to put a picture of their ex, politician, or most hated sports team on my new domain.

Last edited:
•••
are the darker color skin tone emoji's different characters? I would only want the white characters lol

•••
are the darker color skin tone emoji's different characters? I would only want the white characters lol
I'm not exactly positive what you are asking, but the different skin tones are not as prized as much as the original emoji. For example, I have the original cartwheel emoji, xn--xq9h. One with a skin tone is xn--on8hv7f.

http://emojipedia.org/person-doing-cartwheel/

This particular emoji that I have is one of my favorites. I'm still going back and forth on whether or not I want to sell or hold it.

•••
My suspicions were correct. GoDaddy is having a problem with the domain and is working on it.

•••
•••
•••
Hey guys... first of all, it's hilarious that this thread has stuck around for as long as it has!

Glad ya'll enjoyed the interview. Now you can conclusively see why they seldom let me out of the programming dungeon.... more fun than expected, too terrified to watch it myself, but at some point I'll force myself to listen to it so I can get a bit better at this kind of thing. Michael Cyger, pretty interesting guy.

This project has definitely exceeded expectations... and it's really cool that I'm starting to see people use Emoji Domains for various sites, using them a part of their brands and whatnot.

Thanks!

Got something new I'm cooking up... was hoping to release it a few days ago, but it's still hung up on some implementation details. I think you guys will find it interesting.... and I'll definitely share it once I get it working.

•••
•••
Got something new I'm cooking up... was hoping to release it a few days ago, but it's still hung up on some implementation details. I think you guys will find it interesting.... and I'll definitely share it once I get it working.

I'm excited to see what you have coming up. I've been a big fan of emoji domains, thanks again for the interview; I just wish you had more time to talk about it in more depth, Cyger should have you back on!!

•••
I'm looking to rustle up some single character emoji domains on the aftermarket. PM me if you're looking to sell!

•••
I'm looking to rustle up some single character emoji domains on the aftermarket. PM me if you're looking to sell!
Be prepared. I think you are about to get PMs from everyone here. Lol

•••
I'm excited to see what you have coming up. I've been a big fan of emoji domains, thanks again for the interview; I just wish you had more time to talk about it in more depth, Cyger should have you back on!!

yup, wish we had an anticipation emoji.. those of a certain age would use a ketchup bottle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back