NameSilo

emaíl.com on Sedo -Dung!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sedo's Offer Description

Email.com :tu: rubbish, this is the real deal not the pile of crap that is on auction. EMAÍL.COM 8-X

http://sedo.com/auction/detail/emaíl.com/137911_us__

2 bidders, fortunately very low so far but somebody is going to get stung unless deliberately seeking to purchase a PHishing domain.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It clearly states IDN .It would need to be a very Naive individual to fall for it being the real deal.

•••
It clearly states IDN .It would need to be a very Naive individual to fall for it being the real deal.

So Sedo's Offer Description as "email.com" is OK with you?

To me it's as good as fraud!

•••
People actual do fall for this $hit all the time.

But then again, its there fault for not actually reading the description.

The heading should actually read as "xn--emal-xpa.com" for sale, and put the meaning of "email" in the description.

It's misleading at first glance, but thats what they intended it to do.

They could care less about misleading people. They probably hope it does.

It's all about $$$$.

•••

My screen shows emaíl.com, but who isn't familiar with í may get easy confused with i indeed.

•••
My screen shows emaíl.com, but who isn't familiar with í may get easy confused with i indeed.

At the bottom of the page, "Offer Description" ,clearly shows email.com

And don't you just love those that claim it's a buyers fault with these crap domains.

•••
At the bottom of the page, "Offer Description" ,clearly shows email.com

And don't you just love those that claim it's a buyers fault with these crap domains.

You're right, I missed that.

•••

I see your point , I also followed your link to view the sale Page and at the top is a long paragraph

"** This domain contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Please note that even if the signs in this domain name appear like regular signs, the domain may not be always reachable by typing in the name, due to browser limitations on IDN names and user setup. The domain can be reached by typing in: xn--emal-xpa.com "

I do not think it is right to advertise it as "email.com" (even Though The owner of EMAIL.COM must be Tickled Pink),And maybe they will hook someone but Not me .
My Point is only the fact that "Email.com"will not go for $70.

•••
front page does indicate idn to me, if anyone thinks they are getting email.com for that price they would have to be nuts

the word emaíl comes up after a few notices regarding idn, sedo are not my favorite but apart from one era it seems to be displaying enough info for any bidders .........imo

•••
front page does indicate idn to me, if anyone thinks they are getting email.com for that price they would have to be nuts

the word emaíl comes up after a few notices regarding idn, sedo are not my favorite but apart from one era it seems to be displaying enough info for any bidders .........imo

The sellers description,not Sedo's,has warranted inclusion on my blog.

It's simply false.

•••
The sellers description,not Sedo's,has warranted inclusion on my blog.

It's simply false.

if you go past the idn versions and the notice that it is an idn signal on main auction listings .....you deserve wot you get ...simple

•••
if you go past the idn versions and the notice that it is an idn signal on main auction listings .....you deserve wot you get ...simple

I see.

You think it is OK for a seller to fraudulently advertise something it is not,no matter where it may be sited in a sales pitch?

•••
I see.

You think it is OK for a seller to fraudulently advertise something it is not,no matter where it may be sited in a sales pitch?

As stated if you haven't figured out it's an idn by that point you get what you get, sometimes your gripes about sedo are justified but this complaining for the sake of complaining. It cleary stated the true idn address for all to see

•••
As stated if you haven't figured out it's an idn by that point you get what you get, sometimes your gripes about sedo are justified but this complaining for the sake of complaining. It cleary stated the true idn address for all to see

Do you actually read what I have written?

I am not disputing Sedo's description,in fact on the blog I applaud it.
I am pointing out that the description the seller has on the offer page is fraudulent as it is clearly email.com - but appears to be OK with you because Sedo refer to IDN earlier?

Last edited:
•••
Do you actually read what I have written?

I am not disputing Sedo's description,in fact on the blog I applaud it.
I am pointing out that the description the seller has on the offer page is fraudulent as it is clearly email.com - but appears to be OK with you because Sedo refer to IDN earlier?

Yes i read what you are saying ......did you read what i am saying, stop being a drama queen. The last time i say it, if you are stupid enough to bid on something with a red flag you deserve all you get. Choose to ignore the GREEN LETTERS IDN and you get what you deserve. I will leave you with it at this point because you just want to avoid saying the bidder also has a responsility as well. It was clearly marked as IDN and if anyone was unsure they could have contact sedo to establish exactly what it is before making a bid. I am now unsubscibed from this tread. Blog about it all you want

•••
Yes i read what you are saying ......did you read what i am saying, stop being a drama queen. The last time i say it, if you are stupid enough to bid on something with a red flag you deserve all you get. Choose to ignore the GREEN LETTERS IDN and you get what you deserve. I will leave you with it at this point because you just want to avoid saying the bidder also has a responsility as well. It was clearly marked as IDN and if anyone was unsure they could have contact sedo to establish exactly what it is before making a bid. I am now unsubscibed from this tread. Blog about it all you want

I have never disputed a buyers responsibility, perhaps you don't know what CAVEAT EMPTOR means? It's on the first post of the thread in very big letters for the hard of reading.

Not quite sure why you seem to have got so uppity and started throwing insults at me,wasn't your name was it?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

At least the buyer did not get screwed too much!

Bidding History:
emaíl.com

Winning Bid:
150 USD

Reserve met!

Winning Bidder:

Bidder 4

Auction ended:

Dec/26/12 12:40 PM EST

Consider this closed until the next pile of crap which I am sure will not be long.

•••
These type of auctions are catered to the newbies who's eyes light right up even if they are seeing emaíl.com.

Throw a couple shill bids in there, and bingo!

The newbie is now sucked into the death trap.

These type of auctions put Sedo at the level of ebay auctions in my eyes.

And yes, I agree that it mostly falls on the buyer, but both seller and Sedo know dam well its catered towards the uneducated buyer.

Give it a couple weeks and you will see this name on ebay for $5000.

•••
These type of auctions are catered to the newbies who's eyes light right up even if they are seeing emaíl.com.

Throw a couple shill bids in there, and bingo!

The newbie is now sucked into the death trap.

These type of auctions put Sedo at the level of ebay auctions in my eyes.

And yes, I agree that it mostly falls on the buyer, but both seller and Sedo know dam well its catered towards the uneducated buyer.

Give it a couple weeks and you will see this name on ebay for $5000.

Following an extensive campaign aimed at Sedo they had actually put a stop to most of these after a start to the year when there were many of them on auction and featured domains and many people getting caught for $x,xxx.Plenty of threads here related.

The odd one will always creep through and if I see it I will try to make others aware, although obviously some disagree and think the onus should all be on the "buyers"- I do not hold that view.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back