Dynadot

news Elliot Silver sells his first xyz domain for...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mkt Sales Leads

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
am I blind or this is another useless sale post that says 488448 words and none are the names that sold

•••
Seems .xyz is panning out. It would be great to know that what I am holding being a three letter dictionary word domain, is a profitable asset.

•••
am I blind or this is another useless sale post that says 488448 words and none are the names that sold
Yep. Anecdotal again as always.

In other news I've sold 10 xyz's in the last 14 days for approximately 18,888$ that I bought, each within 4 days of registration, 5k renewal a year for each. I've been meaning to get someone to write a post on it for me to keep the xyz train going. Maybe someone can pick it up.

Last edited:
•••
Yep. Anecdotal again as always.

In other news I've sold 10 xyz's in the last 14 days for approximately 18,888$ that I bought, each within 4 days of registration, 5k renewal a year for each. I've been meaning to get someone to write a post on it for me to keep the xyz train going. Maybe someone can pick it up.

Lol the xyz hate train chugs along...

•••
Lol the xyz hate train chugs along...
Was it or was it not anecdotal?

If it smells like a fish, looks like a fish, swims like a fish... It's probably an xyz sale.

Last edited:
•••
Was it or was it not anecdotal?

If it smells like a fish, looks like a fish, swims like a fish... It's probably an xyz sale.

Yes, let the xyz hate flow...

•••
Last edited:
•••
The article basically said nothing of any actual value. Just seems more like a puff piece for XYZ domains.

•••
congrats, go get you a steak :)

•••
I've been almost exclusively a .com investor since I started buying domain names, and I still am.

When I bought 4 .xyz domain names in December, I felt it was important to share that publicly. These were the first non .com domain names I bought in quite some time, so it was worth sharing. I also didn't want to see a "gotcha" from someone who saw my company name in the Whois records saying that I am a public proponent of .com but secretly buying other things. As a publisher, it was also some topical content to share about my business.

Having shared these purchases a few months ago, I thought it should be shared that I sold one of these domain names for a substantial amount of money.

I did not share the name I sold for two reasons. For one thing, I do not know who bought the domain name, so I do not have permission from the buyer to share the name with the sale price. Whether or not I need permission is probably good fodder for another discussion, but I am not comfortable sharing it publicly. Secondly, now that I've had a bit of success with this, it makes sense to try and buy similar types of domain names at prices I am comfortable paying. Sharing the name and sale price would only drive up competition for similar types of names that can be bought.

FWIW, I bought 4 more .xyz domain names at Dan.com on Tuesday (all $400 or less).

The article basically said nothing of any actual value. Just seems more like a puff piece for XYZ domains.

Maybe this doesn't have a lot of value, but I shared the sale price ($19,999), sale venue, and landing page I used. That must have some value to someone.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for adding to the conversation @EJS. I'm glad we question things cause the additional context we gain from it is invaluable 👍. Many are less forthcoming.........

•••
People think all the .xyz names will be sold so they registered crappy names and hope for the luck..
Not so much for the extension but the quality of the names and find the right buyer.
There are a lot of crap .COM names here too. Take a look at the appraisal section.

I sold a couple of .xyz names but not a big amount. As long as you pick the right names they will be sold,

•••
There are a lot of crap .COM names here too. Take a look at the appraisal section.

I sold a couple of .xyz names but not a big amount. As long as you pick the right names they will be sold,

Exactly.

Speaking of picking the right name, wait till @DNGear sells Seal .xyz (especially since @Doron Vermaat just sold the .io for $60k)

•••
People think all the .xyz names will be sold so they registered crappy names and hope for the luck..
Not so much for the extension but the quality of the names and find the right buyer.

Has your good lady had any success with xyz?

•••
I've been almost exclusively a .com investor since I started buying domain names, and I still am.

When I bought 4 .xyz domain names in December, I felt it was important to share that publicly. These were the first non .com domain names I bought in quite some time, so it was worth sharing. I also didn't want to see a "gotcha" from someone who saw my company name in the Whois records saying that I am a public proponent of .com but secretly buying other things. As a publisher, it was also some topical content to share about my business.

Having shared these purchases a few months ago, I thought it should be shared that I sold one of these domain names for a substantial amount of money.

I did not share the name I sold for two reasons. For one thing, I do not know who bought the domain name, so I do not have permission from the buyer to share the name with the sale price. Whether or not I need permission is probably good fodder for another discussion, but I am not comfortable sharing it publicly. Secondly, now that I've had a bit of success with this, it makes sense to try and buy similar types of domain names at prices I am comfortable paying. Sharing the name and sale price would only drive up competition for similar types of names that can be bought.

FWIW, I bought 4 more .xyz domain names at Dan.com on Tuesday (all $400 or less).

Maybe this doesn't have a lot of value, but I shared the sale price ($19,999), sale venue, and landing page I used. That must have some value to someone.
Hi @EJS
congrats on your sale.
thanks for sharing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back