Dynadot

sales Efty Alternatives?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotEverything

Upgraded Member
Impact
I'm curious if you have found any alternatives to Efty? What are your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Efty is mostly an arts and crafts sales platform, although some try and sell domains there. Better to list your name on Sedo, Afternic and maybe set up a portfolio on Dan.

•••
@Kpett Afternic is good, but you can't list "make an offer" on your lander. What do you like best about the three you mentioned? Thanks again.

And when you say arts and crafts, do you mean, it just looks pretty?

•••
Last edited:
•••
@Kpett Afternic is good, but you can't list "make an offer" on your lander. What do you like best about the three you mentioned? Thanks again.

And when you say arts and crafts, do you mean, it just looks pretty?

Efty was created for people who make things, like jewelry, clothes, etc.

I have not had much success with listing any of my names with a "Make Offer" lander ... better to state a price and make it a Buy Now. Nice to wake up in the morning and see you made a sale, and didn't have to negotiate!

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

You're thinking of Etsy.

Efty is a platform specifically for selling domain names.

•••
•••
•••
I dont see many "efty alternatives" since i think most markets dont use the Efty model

(0% commission, at cost monthly fee)

Last edited:
•••
You're thinking of Etsy.

Efty is a platform specifically for selling domain names.

Yes was just going to post it's quite the different website.

•••
@DotEverything

I don't use anything in terms of having my own 'domain marketplace', but I use Dan for my landing pages presently.

But https://domainmarketpro.com/ by @TCK looks great, and is worth checking out imo.

Edit: I should ask, what is it that you don't like about Efty, which features are you looking to replicate and which aspects of it are you looking to avoid?

Last edited:
•••
I think you are confusing Efty with Etsy!

Efty is a domain name management service by @Doron Vermaat and others that provides easy to use tools for keeping track of your domain data and listings, a wide variety of landers, etc. Since you are handling the sales, there are no commissions, although there is a monthly charge. Many serious domain investors use their platform and speak well of it.

As to the original question, sorry I do not personally know of alternatives. I mean one might argue that listing on a marketplace like DAN gives you landers, and your portfolio in someways is similar (but less full featured) to your Efty marketplace.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I think you are confusing Efty with Etsy!
Efty is a domain name management service by @Doron Vermaat and others that provides easy to use tools for keeping track of your domain data and listings, a wide variety of landers, etc. Since you are handling the sales, there are no commissions, although there is a monthly charge.
Bob

Efty is great in their own right, founder Doron constantly updates and supports his product.

Dont rebrand,Doron! “Efty” better thn “Etsy” ;)
Appreciate Doron’s personalized support.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry ... I was confused. I do not know of Efty, and I read it and thought "Etsy"! Just looked, not sure why I should pay a monthly fee for something I can manage myself.

•••
Thanks for the tag @Bob Hawkes - it's not just domain name investors that sometimes confuse us with the handmade & crafty e-commerce site Etsy. We quite often get support tickets from Etsy users who are wondering where their handmade facemask or bracelet is :)

As pointed out already, the Efty platform is widely used by experienced sellers (and most brokers) who are confident in handling their own leads and maximize the deal size by having full access to the buyer details and putting deals in place without paying any commission.

Since we launched Efty in 2015 we've seen many alternatives come and go. Some better than the others and one of them was so good that we acquired them. Competition keeps us on our toes and as a result we always keep improving the platform and adding new features. This year so far it may have seen a bit quiet from our end with regards to announcements but that's because we're working very hard on a significant update that hopefully will shake up the industry and blow your socks off.

•••
Sorry ... I was confused. I do not know of Efty, and I read it and thought "Etsy"! Just looked, not sure why I should pay a monthly fee for something I can manage myself.

Sure, I mean, one could make this argument for a lot of things tho. You could buy web hosting, but why buy web hosting when you can just run your own server box at home? I pay a utility bill, but why pay for water when I could just catch rain in my backyard? Etc etc etc.

There's definitely value in hosting, the ease of managing a portfolio in Efty vs spreadsheets (Which some people prefer, some don't.) Managing leads all in one place, and so on.

To go back to the ETSY example, why pay a fee to a marketplace for selling goods when you can just make your own site and host it on a server in your basement?

Why purchase advertising when you can stand on the corner of a street and yell your URL at passersby?

Why pay for a premium membership on Namepros when you can just create your own marketplace if you need more than 2 listings at a time?

The answer to all of these is because some products and services bring value and nobody can do all of it alone.

It comes down to how one values their time and which features matter to them, but personally I know that creating my own solo-Efty from scratch would cost a lot more than $15 per month..

Last edited:
•••
But https://domainmarketpro.com/ by @TCK looks great, and is worth checking out imo.

Thank you for the mention, @Peak.Domains.

Our competitors want users to set up a shop and forget about it. Just pay the monthly rate.

On our side, however, the aim is to create a platform that you want to use every day. Check your stats, offers, traffic, tweak your domain shop, etc. We will be announcing new features very shortly that will take DMP even further above and beyond the closest competitor.

•••
I have tried many platforms & tried to build many of my own.
You can go way back in time and see:
  • - MyDomainListPro-Plugin (anyone remember that?) I still have a copy - that the developer updated (on an email request which was a great surprise! - prob few use it, very old, but top in its time).
  • -You can still probable find another domain plugin (it was free I think) something Domainator (?)
  • -Then the many Flippa Clones - I have a copy of a really old one, like 2012ish?
  • Then you have the CodeCanyon Folio - which is still good, for what it is - actually really good. But its a script site. I still have it up on my site Rareium.com if you want to what it looks like.
  • -Then all the parking sites with all kinds of variations, not ideal as sales landers
  • -Then you have EFTY! They are just good and the support is outstanding. Not perfect, but always getting something updated..good!
  • -A bit later in the game for me, so haven't used yet, but DNHat looks like a pretty awesome platform as well.
  • - Undeveloped came along but felt like they were a Sedo or Afternic competitor
  • -Uni- marketplace - sameish timeframe (+ or - a decade or so? leaving lots of leeway, my memory stinks - hahah)
  • - Then DAN.com - another great marketplace - almost moved to them as primary,
  • -but EFTY has a little more as a "white label" name/business management site, tools a bit beyond sales focused only.

----Sure there are plenty more - just sharing the domainer flashback I just had...phewww

p.s. yes I know Undeveloped and Dan are the same - but they are really different for this message's purpose.

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to highlight a key element that another Np'er brought to my attention. If you don't want to leak traffic to another marketplace or domain shop provider, then go with DMP. Domain shops on the DMP platform do not leak traffic. Your traffic belongs to you and you have the control how to monetize it.

•••
the best competitor to efty is your own version of a landing page

•••
Efty is mostly an arts and crafts sales platform, although some try and sell domains there. Better to list your name on Sedo, Afternic and maybe set up a portfolio on Dan.

Good afternoon,

I think you mean Etsy rather than Efty.

You should Google both to be sure.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
the best competitor to efty is your own version of a landing page

There is a lot more involved in having your own landing pages. For one, if you point your domains to your own landing pages, then you open yourself to DDoS and other hack/spam attacks as traffic increases. DMP offers protective measures that block bad players and allow legitimate offers through. Also you want to have a way to save and keep track of lead generation, which you can follow up on. Another aspect is the capability to create landing pages, as well as a domain shop, in a very quick time for hundreds or thousands of domains without having to go one by one.

Those are just a few points that I wanted to highlight. Our software offers a lot more features that would take too much time to go into.

•••
•••
Back