Domain Empire

.com ebike.com sold for $ 71,938

NameSilo
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fast forward to today, ebike.com is redirected to multinational Bosch of course, it all makes sense. 70k is peanuts to them.
1690150817610.png

•••
Fast forward to today, ebike.com is redirected to multinational Bosch of course, it all makes sense. 70k is peanuts to them.

•••
eBike.ca is dropping this week... Available for backorder at CatchDrop and other .CA backorder outlets. Wonder what that will go for since the .COM was so high..

Last edited:
•••
We can verify this purchase. eBikes are extremely popular in Europe and Asia and this domain is the category killer in that industry. The domain is worth well beyond what it got sold for. That's the beauty of expiration auctions like this one. All bidders were investors.

•••
whats wrong with Uniregistry ?
I like Uniregistry .. clear design ..great usabilty. marketplace with 10% escrow
As I mentioned above, they bid against domainers in auctions and compete against their own customers. The money customers spend at Uniregistry is used to compete directly against those same customers in auctions (bid handle "taryn" at NameJet for example).

Don't you think it's "wrong" for a company to use the profit they get from their customers to compete against those customers?

•••
The domain has not been paid for, ergo it has not yet sold.

With DropCatch you can't consider a domain sold until it's been paid for.

It's not uncommon for high value names to be re-auctioned due to non-paying winning bidders there.

•••
eBike.ca auction finished this week and ended at $21,057

•••
•••
I wish i had registrar accreditations so i could catch good names like these

•••
Domaining is full of surprises so nothing new

•••
Second Highest sale of dropcatch...Amazing sale..

•••
•••
Nice sale
I have own
eAutorickshaw.com

•••
great sale. great acquisition ahead of time.

•••
I like he domain!

Congrats to both seller and buyer!

•••
•••
If I would have evaluated the domain I would have said low mid $xx,xxx (probably up to $40-45k)
I guess it went that much due to competition?

•••
•••
First question why haven't they paid for it, I guess they work out of an area where bikes rule the roadways.

Every company tends to big against their customers taryn at namejet, turn commerce at godaddy, who knows what else.
When companies do this it reflects a serious disregard for the support and investment into their system by the current customer base.

I avoid these companies as much as possible. I do not use Uniregistry at all. I do not renew names at NameBright. I have significantly decreased by bidding activity at DropCatch. Similarly, I will certainly not be using Undeveloped if they are bidding against domainers in auctions.

I want to work with companies that support my growth as a domain investor, not companies that in the long term work directly against my domain investing activities.

Taryn at NJ and turncommerce/HD at GD are good examples of what happens when you fund your competition, and support companies that compete against you.

•••
so it wasnt end user sale?:-/
$72K isn't exactly giving it away. I think the dropcatcher got a good price, and if the buyer is happy, it's all good, they just have to pay up.

•••
The big question to me is, why did this domain expire? Who would let it?

•••
We can verify this purchase. eBikes are extremely popular in Europe and Asia and this domain is the category killer in that industry. The domain is worth well beyond what it got sold for. That's the beauty of expiration auctions like this one. All bidders were investors.

ebike.JPG

interes.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I see the domain is now paid for and listed at undeveloped.

Electric bikes are so rare where I live in the UK when I first saw the domain up for auction I just thought it meant e as in online bike like emarketing etc. Just goes to show how different products can be huge in different places and virtually non existent currently in others.

Would love to know what sort of type in traffic the name gets with those sort of global search numbers though. All the best to the new owners.

•••
Yes thank you @zomainhacks for the additional remark. That's an incredible sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back