Dynadot

.com ebike.com sold for $ 71,938

NameSilo
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Domaining is full of surprises so nothing new

•••
Second Highest sale of dropcatch...Amazing sale..

•••
great sale. great acquisition ahead of time.

•••
I like he domain!

Congrats to both seller and buyer!

•••
•••
•••
The domain has not been paid for, ergo it has not yet sold.

With DropCatch you can't consider a domain sold until it's been paid for.

It's not uncommon for high value names to be re-auctioned due to non-paying winning bidders there.

•••
If I would have evaluated the domain I would have said low mid $xx,xxx (probably up to $40-45k)
I guess it went that much due to competition?

•••
•••
I wish i had registrar accreditations so i could catch good names like these

•••
We can verify this purchase. eBikes are extremely popular in Europe and Asia and this domain is the category killer in that industry. The domain is worth well beyond what it got sold for. That's the beauty of expiration auctions like this one. All bidders were investors.

•••
•••
I wish i had registrar accreditations so i could catch good names like these

You will need hundreds of registrars to compete. If it could be done with 1 registrar I would've applied and done so by now considering my many years of writing low level software for catching systems.

•••
We can verify this purchase. eBikes are extremely popular in Europe and Asia and this domain is the category killer in that industry. The domain is worth well beyond what it got sold for. That's the beauty of expiration auctions like this one. All bidders were investors.
You are the buyer of this domain?

•••
You are the buyer of this domain?
sounds like a group of them pooled their money together to purchase it, but were not able to make payment in time. The other 2 bidders should be sort of pissed off because they most likely had funds ready to deploy purchase. Should have been paid by this point.

The winning username was UNDEVELOPED, so makes sense, looks like they did a FIRST type bid on it.

Last edited:
•••
sounds like a group of them pooled their money together to purchase it, but were not able to make payment in time. The other 2 bidders should be sort of pissed off because they most likely had funds ready to deploy purchase. Should have been paid by this point.
The winning bidder was "undeveloped" and the NP @Undeveloped user account seems to confirm that.

By "all the bidders were investors" I think he means in the DC auction (i.e. none of the top bidders were end users).

•••

do all your slaes go to namebio???
if not, can you post a list of all sales that can be released?
the completed ones that is. not awaiting payment.

there were few sales on np thorugh developed.. announced even before payments etc.. and I'd like to know which completed in the end as well as see what kind of business you do there beofre may be considering you for lander page.

ty

•••
The winning bidder was "undeveloped" and the NP @Undeveloped user account seems to confirm that.

By "all the bidders were investors" I think he means in the DC auction (i.e. none of the top bidders were end users).
one was reasonreason who we all know, the other strong bidder was media options

•••
one was reasonreason who we all know, the other strong bidder was media options
I'm frankly surprised that Undeveloped is a domain investor though... Maybe that was widely known before, but I don't follow their company, so personally I was unaware until now.

I guess the question I'm left with is, why would they compete in auction against the same people they are selling their service to?

•••
I'm frankly surprised that Undeveloped is a domain investor though... Maybe that was widely known before, but I don't follow their company, so personally I was unaware until now.

I guess the question I'm left with is, why would they compete in auction against the same people they are selling their service to?
First question why haven't they paid for it, I guess they work out of an area where bikes rule the roadways.

Every company tends to bid against their customers taryn at namejet, turn commerce at godaddy, who knows what else.

Last edited:
•••
First question why haven't they paid for it, I guess they work out of an area where bikes rule the roadways.

Every company tends to big against their customers taryn at namejet, turn commerce at godaddy, who knows what else.
When companies do this it reflects a serious disregard for the support and investment into their system by the current customer base.

I avoid these companies as much as possible. I do not use Uniregistry at all. I do not renew names at NameBright. I have significantly decreased by bidding activity at DropCatch. Similarly, I will certainly not be using Undeveloped if they are bidding against domainers in auctions.

I want to work with companies that support my growth as a domain investor, not companies that in the long term work directly against my domain investing activities.

Taryn at NJ and turncommerce/HD at GD are good examples of what happens when you fund your competition, and support companies that compete against you.

•••
W
I avoid these companies as much as possible. I do not use Uniregistry at all..
whats wrong with Uniregistry ?
I like Uniregistry .. clear design ..great usabilty. marketplace with 10% escrow

•••
so it wasnt end user sale?:-/

•••
Back