IT.COM

domain ebike.com @ DropCatch upto $20k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i received this email yesterday (maybe because i use to own eBike.co). What i can't understand is how can they offer the name when it has already dropped ?

Hello and Good Afternoon,

Would you have an interest in Ebike.com? We are about to sell the domain and wanted to check in with you just in case.

Todd Reed
Freeman Media
xxxx@FreemanMedia.com

•••
i received this email yesterday (maybe because i use to own eBike.co). What i can't understand is how can they offer the name when it has already dropped ?

Would you have an interest in Ebike.com? We are about to sell the domain and wanted to check in with you just in case.

Todd Reed
Freeman Media
xxxx@FreemanMedia.com

I cant understand the method in some peoples madness sometimes. Id personally email back and say you cant sell something you dont own and then point them to the dropcatch auction.

•••
•••
•••
Unless they represent Dropcatch, i don't expect to hear from them :)

•••
People like this are the ones screwing the domain industry. Pathetic. It's even a public auction. I do hope they have nothing to do with dropcatch; otherwise even worse news.

Last edited:
•••

Todd Reed
Freeman Media
xxxx@FreemanMedia.com
He is front running the auction based on his belief he can sell it to you, say you dsy yes, he bids it up, you don’t pay, he walks away.

That means there are vulnerable accounts on dropcatch.

•••
He is front running the auction based on his belief he can sell it to you, say you dsy yes, he bids it up, you don’t pay, he walks away.

That means there are vulnerable accounts on dropcatch.

The auctions not his though, its a dropped domain

•••
The auctions not his though, its a dropped domain
Yes, I know it’s called front running, he will ask $35,000 from you, and hope to buy it for $25,000.

He is doing it on a global scale

Good Morning,

Our domain Toket.com is about to be sold as we received an attractive offer on it. Would you also be interested in buying it by chance?

Todd Reed

Freeman Media
[email protected]
+1 (323) 207 0796

•••
•••
It's not crazy it's going to go higher. It's the Chinese bidding I'm for sure. This is probably multi-billion dollar industry in China. Everybody has a bike with a motor and battery on it.

I don't think some spammer who is front running and churning and burning domains and gmail accounts is going to make a dent in this auction.

•••
It's not crazy it's going to go higher. It's the Chinese bidding I'm for sure. This is probably multi-billion dollar industry in China. Everybody has a bike with a motor and battery on it.

I don't think some spammer who is front running and churning and burning domains and gmail accounts is going to make a dent in this auction.
He has the ability to run it up on false hope, and that same potential with any other auction in play. His antics are dangerous and can cost anyone money.

He is using godaddy, and their hosting also, no privacy, he is spamming in violation of the canspam act, should be shut down.

Is Dropcatch able to suspend the account?

We tend not to find to many interested parties willing to do anything about it, as they have the ability to profit from it.

Last edited:
•••
Horrible domain, wouldn't pay $1000

•••
Love this name.
eBike > Electric Bike (Chinese people love it)
Although price is high for domainers, but not so high for an end user

•••
Love this name.
You would think seasoned bidders would be smarter than to push it so fast, and quick, to get all that buzz out there, but that is exactly what they did. Nobody is going go win on day 1.

Last edited:
•••
Love this name.
ah ok, interesting

•••
Dropped by a domainer. Strange.

•••
Horrible domain, wouldn't pay $1000
I've sold low quality two keyword eBikeKEYWORD.com domains for $1000+...

I'm surprised that a domainer could find eBike.com to be a "horrible domain"...

Looks like it's Western domainers rather than the Chinese pushing up the price atm. Leading the bidding at $20,100 is Takes2ToTango (Media Options/Andrew Rosener), followed by danny9 (Danny Sullivan). Can't recall seeing DomainMafia1 and rushing in any auctions recently, so I guess they're not that active usually. Not sure who's behind 420domains but they pay up when they win. So the bids in the five figure range seem legit so far.

•••
I could only dream of having $20k in the bank, never mind spending it on a single name. Lol

•••
I'm more discerning than most. 'e' and 'i' prefixes are dated. That said, now someone pointed out the electric bike connection, I think it would be a sweet brand.

•••
I've sold low quality two keyword eBikeKEYWORD.com domains for $1000+...

Looks like it's Western domainers rather than the Chinese pushing up the price atm. Leading the bidding at $20,100 is Takes2ToTango (Media Options/Andrew Rosener), followed by danny9 (Danny Sullivan). Can't recall seeing DomainMafia1 and rushing in any auctions recently, so I guess they're not that active usually. Not sure who's behind 420domains but they pay up when they win. So the bids in the five figure range seem legit so far.
Maybe Take 2 got his wish to Tango, last 5 minutes we will see if anyone else wants to play. Otherwise Freeman Media or whoever can bang on all the doors he is going to.

•••
You would think seasoned bidders would be smarter than to push it so fast, and quick, to get all that buzz out there, but that is exactly what they did. Nobody is going go win on day 1.
You've got to wonder what the thinking is behind that.

•••
You've got to wonder what the thinking is behind that.
Ego?

Usually some 3rd wheel comes, and swoops it up in the end.

•••
IMO ebike is an awesome domain....

About seasoned bidders bidding early it could be that the price is already close to the max they are willing to spend.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see this domain needing to be reauctioned. If front runners are behind it, I guess some are willing to just bid bid bid until they win. Then they have 5 days to get a buyer or lose their dropcatch account. I’ve seen this happen with other auctions in the past.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back