Eastendhosting

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

kevlar

Account Closed
Impact
1
Hi all,

I purchased eastendhosting package on ebay for $10 for 4 years. Is this a scam?

been using it for a week now, its been ok so far, but their support is useless. the vocabulary they use its hard to understand them sometimes.

For some reason, I can't connect to my cPanel today, I contacted support but no replys yet. I wonder :S
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I purchased eastendhosting package on ebay for $10 for 4 years. Is this a scam?
I think you will answer this question in few years here ;)
Try to do the search for their name to find out more reviews.
 
0
•••
Hello,

I wouldn't go as far as saying scam but they certainly have some negative reviews and have been found to be using bad business practises.

Eastendhosting.com - Threatening me when I canceled my account - Web Hosting Talk

Eastendhosting.com - BEWARE! - Talkgold HYIP, Investment & Money Forum

Eastendhosting.com - sending out private information to others! - Page 4 - Big Board

At $10 for 4 years it's no surprise that they have bad reviews. My advice would be to cancel your account (I wouldn't count on a refund) and find a more reputable host.

Jack
 
0
•••
amazing, some reviews there are quite bad, i wouldnt go near them, if i was your i would pack your bags and go..
 
0
•••
amazing, some reviews there are quite bad, i wouldnt go near them, if i was your i would pack your bags and go..

I read those threads too. If I were him I would run far away from that company and consider the $10 lost.

And $10 for 4 years? I'd be surprised if they are in business another 4 months after reading what some of their customers posted.
 
0
•••
I read those threads too. If I were him I would run far away from that company and consider the $10 lost.

And $10 for 4 years? I'd be surprised if they are in business another 4 months after reading what some of their customers posted.

Yes, same here, you get what you pay for.
 
0
•••
yeh but I wouldnt pack my bags just yet.
Its more like, if they really did have alot of downtime or not give me the 4 years as promised, then I don't really mind since it was only $10

but then i guess you get what you pay for.
 
0
•••
yeh but I wouldnt pack my bags just yet.
Its more like, if they really did have alot of downtime or not give me the 4 years as promised, then I don't really mind since it was only $10

but then i guess you get what you pay for.

Ypu do not need to and probably will never need to.
Good luck
 
0
•••
I suppose that is not scam so far. But they may "forget" about you soon ;)
 
0
•••
east end hosting tech support is pretty bad

In February, I purchased 4 years of webhosting from northern_lights_2000 on ebay.com. The business is East End Hosting, PO BOX 204, Groton, CT 06339. [email protected] The tech support contact was Harry at the email [email protected].

Up until June 23, 2010 I had no issues at all with the hosting provider. On June 23 however, I was unable to access my websites or control panel for the websites. I sent an email to their support to find out what was the problem. After several exchanges of what the problem might be, the support person cussed at me and then in another email said they had tried another alternative solution which indeed worked. I sent the technician a reply indicating my displeasure in being cussed at and let him know that I wouldn't tolerate it. I closed the service ticket because the issue had been resolved. The next email I received from the technician included even more profanity. Unfortunately, I then lost my temper and responded in kind. In return, the support person canceled my account 3 years and 8 months early.
 
0
•••
So now you are looking for host? I have read your post several times but still do not have any idea if they explain you the reason.
 
0
•••
So now you are looking for host? I have read your post several times but still do not have any idea if they explain you the reason.

Sounds like they were terminated for retaliating with cussing after being cussed at by a technician.

No company employees shouldn't have to deal with verbal abuse from customers, but company employees certainly should not be using foul language toward customers to begin with. It's just extremely unprofessional.
 
0
•••
Hello,

I wouldn't go as far as saying scam but they certainly have some negative reviews and have been found to be using bad business practises.

Eastendhosting.com - Threatening me when I canceled my account - Web Hosting Talk

Eastendhosting.com - BEWARE! - Talkgold HYIP, Investment & Money Forum

Eastendhosting.com - sending out private information to others! - Page 4 - Big Board

At $10 for 4 years it's no surprise that they have bad reviews. My advice would be to cancel your account (I wouldn't count on a refund) and find a more reputable host.

Jack

Good find. I expected that these sort of experiences would exist based on their pricing
 
0
•••
No company employees shouldn't have to deal with verbal abuse from customers, but company employees certainly should not be using foul language toward customers to begin with. It's just extremely unprofessional.
And that is not friendly as well and that creates bad impression about web host.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back