Dynadot

PolurNET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
PolurNET came pretty highly recommended when I asked for suggestions way back when. Lately my sites have been slow to the point of not even loading for hours at a time, can't even check my email sometimes. I'm going to start logging the downtime using http://mon.itor.us/, they check your site periodically and notify you by email if its not responding. I sent a support message Monday when my sites had been almost inaccessible for 12 hours and they had it fixed quickly. But here I am again, my sites lagged to the point of no return and now I can't even get theirs to load so I can send in a ticket.

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing problems like this lately?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A long time ago I had some problems like this, but the only reason I left their service was because their billing system kept taking funds from PayPal that had no explainable reason for being pulled - usually random values too...

•••
Intripita-MH said:
A long time ago I had some problems like this, but the only reason I left their service was because their billing system kept taking funds from PayPal that had no explainable reason for being pulled - usually random values too...

I believe some customers had a similar problem in February. If it happened in february this year, you might want to get in touch. It might be the same thing.

Also, I think this discussion is better held at http://forums.polurnet.com/

Your server might be under attack or is being used by a customer using too much resources. I had similar problems a while back and I believe it turned out to be a combination of both.

•••
It's really bad to hear about your problems. What's the site you are hosting with polurNET?

•••
dhscott said:
I believe some customers had a similar problem in February. If it happened in february this year, you might want to get in touch. It might be the same thing.

Also, I think this discussion is better held at http://forums.polurnet.com/

Your server might be under attack or is being used by a customer using too much resources. I had similar problems a while back and I believe it turned out to be a combination of both.

I'm probably going to post there later today, but when I originally made this thread I couldn't even get polurnet.com to load.

I've been reviewing the monitoring reports that I have so far and it looks like you may be on to something with the attack or resource hog. The majority of the lag spikes are Monday mornings in 30 minute intervals. Maybe a mail spammer?

•••
I think you're on the Bismarck server. I was moving a few sites away from it last night, and during the transfer process, the server can experience high load (the sites we were transferring were several GB's in size). The transfer was due to the incident a few days ago, which showed several sites overusing our server resources (10-90% of CPU or memory). We took action last few days by suspending several websites that were exceeding our CPU/memory limits, and most of them have moved to a VPS or dedicated server now.

It should be smooth from here on out. The server was fine most of the day yesterday, only last night I was transferring and making backups. Let us know if you experience anything else.

•••
Hope all works fine for you now.

•••
It's been 3 and half days now and not a single lag spike, hopeful this will be the norm.

•••
RexInTheCity said:
It's been 3 and half days now and not a single lag spike, hopeful this will be the norm.

Yep, we've moved/suspended those abusive accounts exceeding resources, so as long as other customers cooperate with us, the servers will function smoothly as usual :)

•••
I would like to hear some explaination of Polurnets
billing system problems. Is overcharging a continuing problem
at Polurnet?

•••
dna said:
I would like to hear some explaination of Polurnets
billing system problems. Is overcharging a continuing problem
at Polurnet?

What do you mean? We never overcharge, but those customers that setup multiple PayPal Subscriptions are at fault. If they notify us, we always refund any double payments, since we keep track of them. Thus, there is no such thing as 'overcharging' at least with us.

•••
I think you mean there is no such thing as overcharging as long as the customer
catches them and makes a complaint. It is sometimes necessary to set up
a new Paypal account because of the difficulty in updating an old Paypal account.
Polurnet should be able to handle it. Don't blame the customer for your own failings.
I can see that the good reviews that i have seen of Polurnet were unwarrented.

•••
dna said:
a new Paypal account because of the difficulty in updating an old Paypal account.
Polurnet should be able to handle it. Don't blame the customer for your own failings.

However, PolurNET is not responsible for canceling subscriptions that you, as the customer, set up. Setting up a duplicate subscription would be a fault of your own. If you have to setup a new PayPal account, make sure that you cancel your subscriptions in the old account. I'm sure PolurNET has a huge amount of PayPal subscriptions, and can't track if someone sets up a duplicate.

•••
Joey said:
dna said:

However, PolurNET is not responsible for canceling subscriptions that you, as the customer, set up. Setting up a duplicate subscription would be a fault of your own. If you have to setup a new PayPal account, make sure that you cancel your subscriptions in the old account. I'm sure PolurNET has a huge amount of PayPal subscriptions, and can't track if someone sets up a duplicate.

Precisely, Joey, very well said. We're not a personal billing manager for each customer, despite the fact that we make every attempt to clarify and make the billing process easy to use for clients, including making it clear that they can contact us to resolve any billing issues. If you have a reason to setup a second subscription, surely you can cancel the old one, and you won't be overcharged. Should your old subscription still be active, you can request a refund as I mentioned before... what part of this policy makes it difficult for you to understand?

Don't attempt to spread fake rumors here about the reviews, obviously your opinion is not shared by thousands of other individuals, and without knowing who you are, you may be violating section 18 of our AUP. Failure to keep track of your own billing and then accusing us without making contact with us first, is really silly to say the least. Think twice before making accusations and allow us to respond before jumping to conclusions.

End of discussion.

Last edited:
•••
I think that you have got good support last days. Polurnet known as a good company. I think that you are satisfied now. ;)

•••
Well my sites were down for about an hour today, according to PolurNet support it was because they were upgrading cPanel. Kind of a bad reason to me though.

•••
I think Polurnet should have to refund their overcharges
when they don't meet their 99.9% uptime guarantee.

•••
I do not use Polurnet but i do bear witness to their impeccable business practices.
They have exemplified what a hosting service should be. If anyone has a concern
with their service I know contacting them directly will resolve any matters.

They would more than gladly refund anyone who sends them a double payment that
they did not request.

•••
RexInTheCity said:
Well my sites were down for about an hour today, according to PolurNet support it was because they were upgrading cPanel. Kind of a bad reason to me though.

Good reason or not, it is the reality of the situation. We perform tweaks occasionally to ensure long-term reliability. Again, if you want to request a partial credit for any downtime, you may ask our billing department to review your case and offer a partial credit toward your next invoice.

dna said:
I think Polurnet should have to refund their overcharges
when they don't meet their 99.9% uptime guarantee.

Firstly, we already discussed there are no overcharges. Secondly, we do not have a SLA uptime guarantee, therefore there is no obligation for us to offer credits. Nevertheless, our policy is that you may still request partial credits by addressing them to our billing department, but it is at our discretion whether to issue the credit or not based on valid justifications and our official uptime statistics. Note that downtime caused by abuse cases do not necessarily count toward downtime values.

sdtrader said:
I do not use Polurnet but i do bear witness to their impeccable business practices.
They have exemplified what a hosting service should be. If anyone has a concern
with their service I know contacting them directly will resolve any matters.

They would more than gladly refund anyone who sends them a double payment that
they did not request.

I really appreciate your vote of confidence, it is very true that contacting us would solve most matters amicably if a user communicates responsibly.

•••
I have had some issues with polurnet server uptime last week. My sites were down for several hours . I have moved one of my more popular sites to another company, but still retain my polurnet account for now.

With all that said, They are always quick to resolve problems and are fast to respond to questions.

•••
Billing wise - Anand has explained what to do.
Do it, don't keep moaning.

•••
Little update on everything. PolurNet has given me a month's refund for my downtime issues and they just let me know that the Bismarck server has been upgraded and optimized. Hopefully this will be the end of my downtime troubles :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back