IT.COM

question Earning Flippa Credits!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

I noticed in one of the posts here that credits can be earned by appraising domains at Flippa. Can someone shed more insight into this and any other way we can earn credits?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, it was discontinued due to ppl giving BS appraisals to get credits.

•••
No, it was discontinued due to ppl giving BS appraisals to get credits.

Dang it :(

Is there any other way to earn credits though? I want to use their premium auction service but it's expensive for me.

Thanks

•••
Honestly, no. Flippa will roll out a few changes, price wise (watch for it). But there are no ways to earn Flippa credits any longer :)

•••
Hey Arch - I just saw the below on their site though. Are they referring to the $9 auction fee?

Free!

Appraise 15 domains or more to qualify for a FREE Flippa listing (capped at 1 free listing per week)

•••
This was the original idea. It's to my understanding that initiative was already scrapped. Maybe @FlippaDomains could answer you better. I know it was to be removed... is it still active? Credits were given out 'by hand,' not by a bot. So even if you appraised 15 domains, they might not give you the credits

•••
This was the original idea. It's to my understanding that initiative was already scrapped. Maybe @FlippaDomains could answer you better. I know it was to be removed... is it still active? Credits were given out 'by hand,' not by a bot. So even if you appraised 15 domains, they might not give you the credits

Thanks Arch.. I sent @FlippaDomains a message asking the same. Will wait for his answer.

Last edited:
•••
Flippa gets more traffic, listings (& revenue too) from these Free Credits (I know most of em are crappy names but hey.. Its gold for its owner!!).
In spite of these thousands of listings, no way a Seller could spam anywhere in the site and Buyer would search/ bid/ buy ONLY what he needs!!
There is no BS Appraisals, but Appraisals ARE BS!! Anywhere!!
So IMHO its always good for both Flippa n Flippa-Users to have avail this Credits Listing by Appraisals!

If a Domain sells below $10, the seller wont get any ROI when paid $10 for Listing.
So, doubting that Seller may never list it.
Now, consider there are 1000s of $10 sales & Flippa ends up earning $1000 as brokerage charges, which it might have lost if set $10 for listings.

Well, that's my logic!!
Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Flawed logic: Its widely known Flippa's lost quality from ppl refusing to pay to list their junk names, thus spamming the appraisal section on their way to listing a terrible domain for free. Giving out credits was poluting Flippa with trash/reg fee names, killing most chances for a decent domain to sell (as it was clustered together with loads of crap). If someone isn't willing to PAY $9 for a listing, then their lack of faith shows they value the domain very little

Who cares about more traffic? Quality>Quantity They were losing the former

You scenario doesn't apply

And yes, there were BS appraisals. Learn facts before you spout things off. Would you like me to copy/paste a few of these in here for you to read? I have numerous saved on my PC.

Flippa gets more traffic, listings (& revenue too) from these Free Credits (I know most of em are crappy names but hey.. Its gold for its owner!!).
In spite of these thousands of listings, no way a Seller could spam anywhere in the site and Buyer would search/ bid/ buy ONLY what he needs!!
There is no BS Appraisals, but Appraisals ARE BS!! Anywhere!!
So IMHO its always good for both Flippa n Flippa-Users to have avail this Credits Listing by Appraisals!

If a Domain sells below $10, the seller wont get any ROI when paid $10 for Listing.
So, doubting that Seller may never list it.
Now, consider there are 1000s of $10 sales & Flippa ends up earning $1000 as brokerage charges, which it might have lost if set $10 for listings.

Well, that's my logic!!
Cheers!

•••
Giving out credits was poluting Flippa with trash/reg fee names, killing most chances for a decent domain to sell (as it was clustered together with loads of crap).

Could you please explain how listing crap names Kill the chances for a decent domain to sell!!?
Is Buyer so dumb to choose n buy those crap names!?
There are enough filters and advance-search option for buyer to select what he needs. (though Advanced Search option cloud be more fine tuned).

As I said the whole concept of appraisal itself is BS, it may be anywhere!!
As someone in this forum rightly said- The true price of a domain is what it sells for!!
If the appraisers are way too cocky/creepy, Flippa could always suspend em'

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just Go to domains>>>>>Appraisals >>>>>valuate the domains by your knowledge and as per what you think it worth>>>>>submit 15 or more domain appraisals and you will get $9 credits!!

That's the straight answers I think you are looking for.

Thanks

•••
Thanks kawalsukhi.. I am waiting for someone to tell me if we can earn the credits for appraisals as @Archangel said this has been stopped now.. I sent a PM to @FlippaDomains regarding this and am waiting for an answer.

•••
Thanks kawalsukhi.. I am waiting for someone to tell me if we can earn the credits for appraisals as @Archangel said this has been stopped now.. I sent a PM to @FlippaDomains regarding this and am waiting for an answer.

You can (still), but not for long. Full response forthcoming...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back