Dynadot

conferences Early NamesCon Preview

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EJS

DomainInvesting.comVIP Member
DomainInvesting.com
Impact
I published a brief interview with Soeren von Varchmin, President of NamesCon and WorldHostingDays. The interview focused on the upcoming NamesCon 2018 conference, so it provides a bit of a preview. If you have questions about the conference or future of NamesCon, I invite you to post them in the comment section of the interview, and I will ask Soeren to address them.

Here's the interview:

https://domaininvesting.com/5-soeren-von-varchmin-namescon/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for posting on Namepros Eliot.

Your blog posted this ICA comment also. I have not read any details about behind the scenes proposed changes on any other blogs and yours is the first I have seen to mention this potential issue.

“ In the policy arena there are ongoing initiatives that have the potential to dramatically impact our ability to protect our assets and conduct business. There are large, well-funded and determined players working to change domain intellectual property law in ways that could dramatically impact our community. “

Any specific insights as to who the large, well funded players are? I am assuming these are Trademark IP Lawyers and big corporate entities represented by lobbyists.
That would be a good question to pose to the ICA because I do not have the answer. If you ask the comment in the article thread, I will direct them to it. If I direct them here (to this NamePros thread), I think it has the potential to take this thread off topic.

Last edited:
•••
Oh Boy, this is sending shivers in my spine,

Why every one is silent on this ?

Will be a Huge blow to all the Domain Investors if the new UDRP rule comes into effect.

Would big registrar's like GoDaddy and domain Marketplaces Afternic,SEDO and Uniregistry do anything to stop this ? or just watch it kill all the domainers ?

Is this the end of Domaining ?

•••
great interview, great read!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back