Dynadot

Dynadot vs Uniregistry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dynadot vs Uniregistry. Which is better? And Why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a hard question to answer and of course, it depends. I have used and like Dynadot for years. I find their user interface very comfortable and helpful. However, I only have a few hundred domains and am mostly concerned with ease of DNS changes and organizing domains into folders.

Uniregistry is obviously designed for folks with thousands and thousands of domains. I really like the way their transfer process shows all the steps and points out problems before the actual transfer request is made. As someone in the US it is annoying to get hit for an international transaction on my credit card.

I guess I tend to use Dynadot first because it is so easy and familiar.

•••
Today, I'd say Dynadot, but Uniregistry could easily surpass them in another year or two.

Dynadot still has way more features than Uniregistry because they've been around much longer and listening to their customers for years. Dynadot has every feature that I could ever need, but Uniregistry is adding more of them every month.

Time will tell.

•••
My vote would go to DynaDot, for now. Uniregistry is still petty young and hasn't even really been around long enough to start having expired domain auctions. Not to mention, it would be great if Uniregistry would setup an API that could be used for drop catching like DynaDots.

I agree with some of the others.. Uniregistry is still pretty young and with a really successful domainer behind them you know it's probably just a matter of time. Within a couple of years I could see Uniregistry being right up there with the best!

•••
As someone in the US it is annoying to get hit for an international transaction on my credit card.

Thank for all the replies so far. I'm not clear what you mean by the quote above.

I use Dynadot as my default registrar as well. I like them a lot. I'm just transferring a couple of domains there to try them out. The transfer dialog was a little lengthier than I'm used to. but after the 1st transfer, it was all clear. Is there anything they have which Dynadot doesn't?

I like the way they list their New gTLD's for registration.

•••
My credit card statement shows

FRGN TRANS FEE-UNIREGISTRY.COM DOMAIN GR

In the amount of $0.17 on a dot com purchase. That is in addition to the invoiced amount from Uniregistry.

•••
Hello,

I like and use both! Its, two of the best registrars out there IMO. I like some features with Dynadot and some with UR, but both have good control panels / dashboards and both offers very reasonable pricing.

So personally, I can not choose one.

•••
Dynadot is perfect, easy to transfer out domains and prices are good.

•••
Haven't tried Uniregistry, but I have thousands of domains at DD. Been hopping from registrar to registrar because every registrar has its quirks. DD seems to solve 99% of the problems I have with other registrars, and they are very reasonably priced. Follow this principle -- if it ain't broken why fix it? The only reason I'll move out of DD is if their service deteriorates or some registrar offers the same functionality, easy UI at cheaper price./

•••
My credit card statement shows

FRGN TRANS FEE-UNIREGISTRY.COM DOMAIN GR

In the amount of $0.17 on a dot com purchase. That is in addition to the invoiced amount from Uniregistry.

I presume this is an additional line item charge in addition to your agreed price transfer charge? I don't get this. Although I don't live in USA and I used PayPal. Have you taken that up with Uniregistry and/or your credit card company?

•••
I presume this is an additional line item charge in addition to your agreed price transfer charge? I don't get this. Although I don't live in USA and I used PayPal. Have you taken that up with Uniregistry and/or your credit card company?

The credit card company/bank charges that fee as it's being charged by a foreign company and I highly doubt it's up for debate with them. It's not done on PayPal though.

•••
•••
Does Uniregistry spam? Must be because they are owned by a domainer :) I must be lucky. I haven't seen any.

•••
...neither company has sent me emails except for invoices and the occasional renewal reminders.

•••
I'm a Uniregistry customer and I like the platform. My only issue with them (and this is actually quite a important one) is that they hold your domain hostage for 5 or 6 days when you need to transfer out after a sale. For a registrar that is built for domainers this really shouldn't be.

•••
I really like Dynadot. I have only started using two weeks ago, spent more than $500 and I'm getting bullk prices. Their interface is also nice.

.COM $8.75 registration/renewal/transfers
.NET $8.50 registration/renewal/transfers
Privacy $2/year.

•••
•••
I'm a Uniregistry customer and I like the platform. My only issue with them (and this is actually quite a important one) is that they hold your domain hostage for 5 or 6 days when you need to transfer out after a sale. For a registrar that is built for domainers this really shouldn't be.

Hi Guys, Actually we transfer the domain out within 36 hours these days. Not sure when you last tried, but...

•••

This is a minor issue for us as we have only had a few cases of this and it can be easily solved by just using a different card. If anyone has issues like this please reach out to me directly, and i'll do my best to figure out some way around it. Frankp @ Uniregistry.com

•••
I tried to register a .link domain

upload_2015-11-30_4-39-0.png

my order cancelled? whats wrong with Uniregistry?
Payment via PayPal.

•••
•••

maybe they have hidden link like namecheap that no one knows about to epediate it.
look into it

•••
uniregistry has the best and most user friendly and fast control panel for all your domains managing I have ever seen. and yes, it allows you to put your non uniregistry domains there too.

as far as I am conerned its worth becoming member of uniregistry just for that portofolio managemnt ability. the rest is simple to use and I like that. prices average.

Last edited:
•••
maybe they have hidden link like namecheap that no one knows about to epediate it.
look into it

When you transfer out a domain, we release the domain before 36 hours. Not sure where you're getting 5-6 days. We also allow you to generate your own auth codes as well.

•••
When you transfer out a domain, we release the domain before 36 hours. Not sure where you're getting 5-6 days. We also allow you to generate your own auth codes as well.

ok thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back