Dynadot

Dynadot vs Uniregistry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dynadot vs Uniregistry. Which is better? And Why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot is perfect, easy to transfer out domains and prices are good.

Dynadot continually trips me up with their transfer policies.
  • I transferred out a domain on the day of expiry (unlocked the account / then unlocked the domain before transfer) ... receiving registrar says xfer denied b/c of lock, and now no way to transfer the domain anymore as Dynadot doesn't show auth codes for expired domains in my dashboard.
  • Can't sell an expired domain during ~30 day renewal grace period (push it to another account) like you can at Godaddy.
  • Can't push to another account for 60 days after buying the domain from the Dynadot marketplace.
While I appreciate their bulk check api, policies like these make me avoid them as one of my main registrars.

•••
Having used DynaDot for years I am a bit partial, but I have tried others and prefer DD overall. They are not perfect, but they have been constantly improving. Their Control Panel is easy to use as well. Just a solid registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back