IT.COM

advice Dan vs Dynadot Sales Landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Good morning NPer's

I'm interested in feedback about Dan vs Dynadot Sales Landers eg Commission's, support & payouts.

Thank you in advance

Cheers
Corey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I prefer Dan landers, because they reference GoDaddy as their parent brand. I believe most end users are going to be more likely to know and trust GoDaddy. The cost of that trust factor is a higher commission.

Last edited:
•••
As @Namebrand mentioned, the GoDaddy association is a definite plus for Dan landers. Even though commission higher, it is probably worth it, and I use Dan landers more than any one other choice.

I use Dynadot landers in some cases For example, if domain still within lock period, or I am selling at a price that I think will attract wholesale buyers. If liquidating, it is nice that you can do auctions at Dynadot, and are not limited by the $99 minimum Dan offer price.

Dynadot seems to be growing rapidly (e.g. acquisition of .ai auctions and of Park.io), and may become better known outside the domain community. They definitely have great technical side, in my opinion. Someone purchasing there can take over registration at a competitive price for almost all TLDs. I find their AI generated descriptions pretty good.

Other advantages of Dan landers are they give you more choice in design (I use standard for some and brandable for others, and they do give graphic/logo option), and they allow lease-to-own longer than 12 months. I like the automated way that negotiations are handled. I find the number of views data somewhat useful data. That said, Dan don't seem to get much traffic unless you have them parked with them.

-Bob

•••
I like Dan landers but the problem is that they are currently covering an important part of the page with a cookie banner. I hope they change it soon

•••
Appreciate the feedback on the landers, what is your opinion on the commission rate & customer service?

Thank you in advance

Cheers
Corey

•••
Appreciate the feedback on the landers, what is your opinion on the commission rate & customer service?

Thank you in advance

Cheers
Corey
Customer Service Dan, Landers Dan. Personally, I have not had good experiences with Dynadot's customer service. Dan's customer service seems much more knowledgeable and responsive to me.

•••
•••
As @Namebrand mentioned, the GoDaddy association is a definite plus for Dan landers. Even though commission higher, it is probably worth it, and I use Dan landers more than any one other choice.

I use Dynadot landers in some cases For example, if domain still within lock period, or I am selling at a price that I think will attract wholesale buyers. If liquidating, it is nice that you can do auctions at Dynadot, and are not limited by the $99 minimum Dan offer price.

Dynadot seems to be growing rapidly (e.g. acquisition of .ai auctions and of Park.io), and may become better known outside the domain community. They definitely have great technical side, in my opinion. Someone purchasing there can take over registration at a competitive price for almost all TLDs. I find their AI generated descriptions pretty good.

Other advantages of Dan landers are they give you more choice in design (I use standard for some and brandable for others, and they do give graphic/logo option), and they allow lease-to-own longer than 12 months. I like the automated way that negotiations are handled. I find the number of views data somewhat useful data. That said, Dan don't seem to get much traffic unless you have them parked with them.

-Bob

Are you able to add in verbiage on the DAN landers? I am able to do this on Dynadot (which for brandables is a good plus I think).

For Dynadot do you cross market your portfolio on Dynadot by checking the Display "More listings from this seller" box? Any positives (or negatives from doing this)?

•••
Are you able to add in verbiage on the DAN landers? I am able to do this on Dynadot (which for brandables is a good plus I think).
Yes you can add descriptions for each domain name, if desired. I tend to do that, although the majority of sellers on platform do not. It is difficult to assess if it matters.

For Dynadot do you cross market your portfolio on Dynadot by checking the Display "More listings from this seller" box? Any positives (or negatives from doing this)?
I keep that turned off personally, but I think turning it on makes sense for those with a focussed portfolio. Partly as a learning experience, I invest a little in many types of names. Therefore for me a buyer who was looking at a brandable .com, would not particularly want to see a portfolio with many other types of names. But if I had, for example, an AI focus portfolio, or a lot of names in one particular sector, I think linking to your other names might well increase the chance of sales of related names.

-Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back