IT.COM

Dynadot - Registrations, Renewals, & Transfers Are On Sale This August

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shakib K.

HostCram LLCEstablished Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The price of .TV is going up on Sept 1st
https://www.namepros.com/threads/tv-renewal-increases-september-1-2017.1028426/

.TV Renewal & Transfer Sale Information
Take advantage of our $21.50 .TV renewal and transfer sale on now! Our $21.50 .TV sale pricing applies to transfers and the 1st year of renewals and ends 8/31/17 23:59 EDT. No coupon code is necessary; simply log in and renew or transfer your .TV domain for less!

•••
Just tried this and the checkout was $23.60 ?

•••
same price with last month rate of .ORG. Not much discount I think

•••
I have written to them asking why I did not receive this notice? If it is geo based I am going to re-think my opinion about them

•••
•••
•••
•••
@DnEbook - do you have bulk pricing? That price doesn't make any sense anyway

Please update if you get an answer. The Geo sales are pretty confusing here in our International community : smile :

Since me and Shakib Khan are just avid couponers let's summon Dynadot to help out with the official word

Greetings @Dynadot - can you help clarify here?

1] Are all customers automatically signed up for email specials, or do you have to sign up on purpose? If you unsubscribe how can you re-subscribe?

2] Do you have any specials that are only offered to customers in certain Geographical locations?

Thanks!

•••
I have bulk pricing and yes it was for a renewal and I normally get their promo emails

•••
@DnEbook - that seems like a glitch for sure, likely you'll have to connect with support to get it sorted, at least they have decent support.

Since I have two accounts I get double copy of all their promo emails, which maybe helps me notice it more : smile :

•••
Yes I agree support is good, I sent my email yesterday so they may be closed for the weekend? if no reply I will send again, cheers

•••
This is the response I have just received, "The offer is valid for all customers. I tested by adding one of your .TV domains to your cart for renewal. The sale price was reflected as shown in the attached screenshot. (the renewal price was the promo price) This offer does not apply to premium TV domains, so perhaps that is where you are seeing the discrepancy."
~
My reply was that it is untrue then that all premium names revert back to normal pricing after paying the premium, I also stated that I have never received notice of this occurrence

•••
Is it still happening? And is it only one specific domain or any/all of your dot TVs?

Plus the amount still wouldn't make sense, if it was really a premium, the price would be significantly higher not just a couple dollars. Are they charging you some sort of tax based on your location or could it be a currency conversion issue? Or some add on in your cart? : confused :

There are some premium TV domains that have a yearly renewal premium and some have initial premium price then renew at standard rate - there doesn't seem to be a downloadable list at watch.tv though. And you are 100% correct, if any of your domains were premium you would have known about it before now, and they would have to notify you if a domain you currently hold was becoming premium. dot TV has some funky policies

•••
Is it still happening? And is it only one specific domain or any/all of your dot TVs?

Plus the amount still wouldn't make sense, if it was really a premium, the price would be significantly higher not just a couple dollars. Are they charging you some sort of tax based on your location or could it be a currency conversion issue? Or some add on in your cart? : confused :

There are some premium TV domains that have a yearly renewal premium and some have initial premium price then renew at standard rate - there doesn't seem to be a downloadable list at watch.tv though. And you are 100% correct, if any of your domains were premium you would have known about it before now, and they would have to notify you if a domain you currently hold was becoming premium. dot TV has some funky policies
These were "premium" domains purchased that reverted back to standard pricing after the initial outlay. My other .tv's do in fact show the discount for renewal, my point is that dyandot stated premiums revert back to normal pricing after the one off premium purchase ..... clearly this is not the case

•••
Cross quoting you @Ammudamus - thanks for this insight!

This is not applicable to once designated premiums. Even if you are paying standard renewal fee and it was an ex upfront premium, Dynadot will not provide the lower fee for transfers or renewals. Just an FYI. A

•••
Here is their latest response, "Our apologies for any lack of clarity. Our promos never apply to premium domains. Were you looking to renew or transfer some premium .TV names? If so, please provide us with a list and we will see what we can do to match the sale price for you" At least they offered a prompt reply, I only have two ex premiums and probably will not bother for what was only going to be another year of renewal. The point was "lack of clarity" to which they have acknowledged

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back