IT.COM

Dynadot marketplace sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone else sold a domain through dynadot marketplace?
Can you share the experience ?

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's similar to selling domains on NamePros, except all the offers post to Dynadot's PM system, which is very primitive.

The majority of the potential buyers never respond, even if you accept their offer. Now I just respond with, "please email me directly" so that I can communicate with them, but only 1 out of 25 ever do.

I've only received lowball offers on Dynadot. I've sold a couple when I didn't plan to renew them.

•••
And did you received the payment as dynadot credit?

•••

If you don't set a price on the domain, then the listing will be "make an offer" and you will have to handle the transaction yourself via their private messaging interface.

If you set a price on the domain and someone purchases it through Dynadot's checkout process, then the domain is transferred from your account immediately.

Dynadot takes 5% of the sale price on domains sold through their marketplace.

The seller receives this email:
A buyer has purchased [Example.com] from your listing in our marketplace. The domain has been moved to the buyer's account. Your Dynadot account will be credited $[BIN * 95%] USD for this sale once the processing period is over. This will take at least 5 days.

The buyer receives this email:
The domain, [Example.com], has been moved into your account. The domain will remain on "buy" lock status for 60 days. You can still use [Example.com] and change the domain's name servers during this time.

•••

When a domain is sold in the Marketplace, the payment (minus the 5% listing fee) for the sale is credited to the seller's Dynadot account balance. That credit can then be used to pay for any future orders at Dynadot. :)

•••
When a domain is sold in the Marketplace, the payment (minus the 5% listing fee) for the sale is credited to the seller's Dynadot account balance. That credit can then be used to pay for any future orders at Dynadot. :)

Why simile? That's not a good thing for the customer...
Why do you force people to use the credit inside dynadot?
I talked once with the support and they said the payment can be transferred outside dynadot (ex. paypal). The fee was 10%.
I talked once again with the support and he said, the payment can not be transferred outside dynadot. So what does this mean? One says yes, and an other says no? Huh?
I had to wait 23 days to receive the payment as credit and now it seems I have to wait 60 days to get the payment withdrawal. Not sure I have to an other 37 days or It has to be 83 days to receive the payment.
I was told once dynadot mostly sucks, but I thought, it was just one customer. It seems I'll be an other one and I'm sure there are more. I will move all my domains once I will receive the payment.

These are pure facts, anyone can judge by himself.

•••
Dynadot is my favorite registrar, and their support is among the best.

Just don't use their marketplace if you don't like it. I agree that their marketplace is not ideal, but that's why I use the "make an offer" option instead of setting a price on the domains that I list with them.

Marketplace or not, they are still a great registrar.

•••
Unbelievable, I am still waiting fore the payout.
I don't see anything great in them. Their support is poor. The "chat" is slower than send emails.

•••
Unbelievable, I am still waiting fore the payout.
I don't see anything great in them. Their support is poor. The "chat" is slower than send emails.

Keep us updated, Em.
Many thanks.

Really wish you get your payout soon.
One thing is for sure, that their marketplace sucks.

•••
Wow thanks for this Thread! I don't think I'm gona sell domains there :/

•••
I was actually thinking of adding a few domain names for sale but I think I will pass on it now.

Thanks for the heads up.

•••
yep..I am afraid I changed my mind as well..
But they are a very good registrar.

•••
Good registrar, but not the best place to sell domains, or backorder domains.

•••
So, last time I posted here, was after talking with the support. They told me, I was going to receive an email from them regarding my case. I asked them when (or how much time was it going to take) was I going to receive the email, but the support was unable to answer the question. As expected by me, I didn't received any email. I talked again with the support and now they negated everything about the possibility for the payout option. Even if I was told whom should I email and what to include in the email ([email protected]).
I am speechless.

•••
The nightmare is finally over.
After contacting info @ dynadot .com and requesting again a payout. they decided to accept my request after 12 days from my email.

•••
After contacting info @ dynadot .com and requesting again a payout. they decided to accept my request after 12 days from my email.

I'm sure the support rep had to wait for a C-level executive to approve this unique circumstance.

It's great that they made an exception for you, though. That's really all a company can do when one customer support representative makes a mistake and provides a customer with incorrect information. Go Daddy has this happen all the time, and they have never made an exception like this for me. Go Daddy doesn't go against their policies when a support rep makes a mistake.

I think this speaks volumes of Dynadot's commitment to its customers. I'm still a fan.

•••
Hello,

Your payout has been issued. Please note that this was a one-time exception to our policy.

Please transfer all domains in your account to a new provider at your earliest convenience. You will no longer be able to manage them here.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Support Team
Last mail from them!
The email came about 5 hours after the payment confirmation. I think they are tracking this thread :)

•••
Last mail from them!
The email came about 5 hours after the payment confirmation.
My guess is that they feel your public posts about them have been unfair, and they would like to avoid such events in the future. Also, other people might expect Dynadot to make this exception for them after they've read this thread.

On the bright side, you still got paid. :)

•••
Yea, it might be unfair I post everything on public, but I am a customer for them and what they did was unfair too.

•••
I didn't know that !!! I can understand a kind of commission, but not that if you put a domainname for sale in the Marketplace the eventual money if a priced domainname is SOLD is "going to your account balance" !! That Dynadot if a transfer fails or a domain isn't available anymore once you try to catch a domain, puts the money on your account balance is understandable BUT NOT FOR DOMAINS ONE PUTS FOR SALE ON THE MARKETPLACE ! I DON'T LIKE/AGREE WITH THIS POLICY ON THE MARKETPLACE. The consequence is that to avoid this you have to put a domainname for sale WITHOUT exact pricing, so "for sale give a proposal" , and then come to an agreement via PM's when somebody sends you a question and gives a bid. In that case Dynadot doesn't get anything. But it's sometimes much better to put a PRECISE amount to buy the domainname. Sedo told us so a year ago that his results in more sales.. But if the money is going to your balance, the money always stays at Dynadot. This is not wurthy to call a "Marketplace" IMO..
I presume it's important to put this on their blog or facebookpage, and ask to finish this rule. I didn't sell any domains yet, and thinking putting "exact pricing" instead of a "non-priced for sale domain".. But if it's really true that in case a domains is priced with exact pricing in case of a sale the money goes to your balance.... I'll think twice and sell elsewhere.

•••
II din't knew it either, I assumed it was going to be a 10-20% fee.
You don't have to think twice at all. You should NOT sell your domains though dynadot marketplace.
I don't understand this kind of acting from them. They force their customers to use their money for their services only. We are in 2014 and there are many registrars out of there with much better services.

•••
I like them as registrar, but this I never heard !!
What I find very strange is that they are punishing you and saying that you have to transfer all your domains AWAY from Dynadot. I really don't understand this.

•••
Yes, I logged in today and all my domains are in "must transfer out" status.
I'm wondering what is going to happen with my account and my personal data....

•••
This is very sad, although you mentioned you would transfer your doimains, and I can't see the emails between you and DD. As far as I know at GDD , GDD earns money if you use "proposals" WITHOUT exact pricing (at DDOT they don't, but if you don't put exact pricing you get very low proposals). But at least you see your money not as balancefee. Although you have the option to do so, if you call them.. If I was DDot I would payout and make "putting it on your balance OPTIONAL".Everybody happy. A bit higher commission like they asked you is understandable as they have costs to Paypal if you ask for payout via Paypal.
But I certainly don't understand pushing you out of Ddot. What do they gain with this.?.Losing a customer and negative publicity. Constructive feedback should be allowed.
I hope a representative of Ddot wants to clarify this here.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else sold a domain through dynadot marketplace?
Can you share the experience ?

Thank you

on dynadot i just received credit $1751 from my domain sold, and i asking how i can withdraw to my PP account, what dynadot say :
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Dynadot Accounts < accounts @ dynadot.com > wrote:
Hello,

Marketplace sales are only given in account credit and cannot be paid out.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Support Team

It's not fair, Dynadot just Forced me to use all of my $1751 only in their website!
this is my thread on dynadot forum : can-t-withdraw-what-would-i-buy-with-1751-8647.html

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back