Domain Empire

Dynadot marketplace - Inexpensive, slow to pay out though

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
I maintain all of my domains at Dynadot (DD). I have about 1500. They give me a price per .com renewal that is about the lowest out there.

I do sell occasionally at the Dynadot marketplace. Supposedly it gets less exposure than some other marketplaces such as Afternic (AN), but then I list all my domains at AN as well, so nothing lost by being at both. They have a symbiotic relationship and once you list a buy it now (BIN) price at AN, you may authorize at DD its fast (automatic) transfer from DD to the buyer.

When you sell something at DD marketplace, they charge a 5% commission. This is pretty low compared to AN's 20% commission. The domain is fast transferred to the buyer upon fund clearance, which is usually immediate. You may also just private message the buyer and seller directly or via something like escrow.com, ask him to pay all escrow fees, and thereby avoid the DD commission. For DD marketplace sales, you are paid in account credit, and it seems like it takes up to twenty days to get the funds though. Pretty slow. If you make a manual request at the time of sale, you may get the funds as cash to you, at an additional 5% fee (this is not advertised on the DD website, but is available).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
P.S. What I meant here was,

You may also just private message the buyer, and then sell to him directly via something like escrow.com, ask him to pay all escrow fees, and thereby avoid the DD commission.

•••
I sold a domain via DD marketplace on June 9th - the funds are supposed to be in my account today, but still are not. They should be in there sometime day but, 21 days is a long wait!

•••
Funds received - 21 days after the sale.

•••
Ugh! Pretty poor show on DynaDot's part O_o

You might want to check EPIK out. $8.49 reg / renewal / transfer for .COM's. No fees charged on domain sales / escrow. Payout is immediate in account credit. You can withdraw to PayPal. Costs 3% and takes - wait for it! - one day!*

*) after your account is whitelisted; may take up to one week for first sale. You can avoid this by introducing yourself and your portfolio to @robepik.

•••
Ugh! Pretty poor show on DynaDot's part O_o

You might want to check EPIK out. $8.49 reg / renewal / transfer for .COM's. No fees charged on domain sales / escrow. Payout is immediate in account credit. You can withdraw to PayPal. Costs 3% and takes - wait for it! - one day!*

*) after your account is whitelisted; may take up to one week for first sale. You can avoid this by introducing yourself and your portfolio to @robepik.

Thanks @Domaniak.

It is correct. If you are a pro domainer, just say hello and move some domains over. We'll get you domainer pricing, whitelist your account and you can sell/lease your domains commission-free and tax-free. It has been an insider secret for a while but with parking income dying on the vine, the advantage of our platform is becoming obvious. And if you do park, we have integrated domain parking as well with daily payout.

•••
I'm paying less than 8.49 at DD due to being there a long time and number of domains, but does epik have its own marketplace independent of registry?

•••
I'm paying less than 8.49 at DD due to being there a long time and number of domains, but does epik have its own marketplace independent of registry?

Hi @xynames - Yes, we do have an independent marketplace. You can sell and lease domains in our proprietary marketplace here:

https://marketplace.epik.com/

This is the how-to for listing domains in our marketplace:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

You can also get your own branded marketplace. Here is the overview and the how-to:

https://www.epik.com/solutions/marketplace/
https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/creating-and-managing-a-custom-marketplace-portal/

Proceeds from sales and leases are deposited commission-free into your Epik Masterbucks balance, from where you can redeem proceeds anytime for a 5% commission, or you can do what a lot of people are doing very successfully and use those proceeds commission-free and tax-free on Epik to consolidate your portfolio on Epik.

We also are releasing our mobile app on IoS. Your domains listed in the Epik marketplace are now also visible in the searchable domain inventory via mobile app.

Lastly, we also support Bitcoin which can come in handy for a windfall sale or for certain customers notably in Eastern Europe and Latin America who often prefer it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back