IT.COM

@Dynadot asking for photo verification of credit card for new acct??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

antman1

Established Member
Impact
Based on the many positive registrar reviews I've read here about Dynadot, I opened an account with them and bought a bunch of domains there. They then asked me to take a photo of my face and credit card to send over the internet for verification purposes (which I will not do). It sounds extremely illegal & fraudulent. Has anyone else encountered this with Dynadot?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is your country of residence?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
what extension were the domains you registered?

If I remember well, some registries require scanned IDs/passports/photos etc.

•••
what extension were the domains you registered?

If I remember well, some registries require scanned IDs/passports/photos etc.
All were ".com"

•••
•••
They dont know you contacted them unless they come across this thread...

Add a “@“ before the name like so; @Dynadot

Last edited:
•••
I have never had to do that there but have elsewhere when a potential fraud issue or compromised account occurred. DropCatch requires scanned ID, Escrow com, others. Nothing strange about proving who you are in general. Did you open a ticket?

•••
You must be in a Democrat state.

•••
•••
Sounds like you have a payment issue and they need to verify you are the person with that card. Did a charge go through?

•••
I have never had to do that there but have elsewhere when a potential fraud issue or compromised account occurred. DropCatch requires scanned ID, Escrow com, others. Nothing strange about proving who you are in general. Did you open a ticket?

I've contacted their support department via email.

They dont know you contacted them unless they come across this thread...

Add a “@“ before the name like so; @Dynadot

Great, thx. I've added it in the thread title..

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you have a payment issue and they need to verify you are the person with that card. Did a charge go through?

Yes, a charge went through just fine.

•••
I'm sorry for the delayed response, our verification team may send a request for ID and proof of ownership for your payment card in certain circumstances, and this would be more likely for new accounts placing prepayment orders or high-cost orders. If you would like us to look further into this please feel free to DM us with your Dynadot username.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back