NameSilo

Dropped domains auctions

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

katz11

New Member
Impact
0
Hi everyone,
I am new here and I found NP after trying to find information about bidders on DropCatch.
Some names in the bidders list show up again and again, the guesses about the people who might be behind these names were discussed in some topics that were posted here.

The bidding activity by some bidders seems normal in my opinion but a handful will outbid until the price reaches a beyond than reasonable number.

I see their names every day, one day one of them "won" over $50,000 worth of domains and those are only the ones I was watching, could have been more.
The next day it repeats itself with the same bidders, same 2-3 names.

Another thing I noticed is that one bidder raises the price then stops bidding and a new one, also a common name comes in and sometimes they switch back (old name comes in, new one stops bidding) and we all jack up the price in the process.


A few domains I watched didn't even have a website on them 2 months after the bidding ended and one was a close to $30,000 end price.
Others had a text copied from the original website with no ads, no blacklinks, no posts.

Who pays $30,000 or even $10,000 for a domain that they don't use and keeps buying domains every day for similar amounts?
Where is the logic?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back