IT.COM

Dropcatch issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UAdomainer

Not fat domainerVIP Member
Impact
I had backordered a domain at dropcatch.com which deleted today. In my account it's said that the domain is missed and they also sent me an e-mail saying that they've missed this domain for me.
But the interesting thing is that whois shows "Dropcatch" as a new registrar for this domain. How come?
I wrote an e-mail to support, but no answer yet (though only several hours have passed). But as I could see from the forum, their support isn't very helpful. That's why I've decided to start a topic here - maybe someone can explain me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
The DropCatch platform has had some issues with identifying domains that it successfully caught recently. We are working on a permanent fix for this, but it is not an overnight replacement. We are currently cleaning up all of the misidentified backorders, and we will be re-sending notifications of domains that were indeed caught but we had originally flagged as missed. I cannot speak on the specifics of what happened, but feel free to ask questions here and I will respond as best as I can.

Our support staff usually only has coverage M-F, so support can be tough to reach over the weekend. We will get back to everybody that sent in a support ticket by COB Monday, February 8th.

Thank you,
Josh H.
DropCatch.Com / NameBright.Com

•••
If i could trust back ordering to work in general I would use it more often. But I have beaten my own back orders at time of expiration being impatient with other registers. (not dropcatch just in general)

•••
I had backordered a domain at dropcatch.com which deleted today. In my account it's said that the domain is missed and they also sent me an e-mail saying that they've missed this domain for me.
But the interesting thing is that whois shows "Dropcatch" as a new registrar for this domain. How come?
I wrote an e-mail to support, but no answer yet (though only several hours have passed). But as I could see from the forum, their support isn't very helpful. That's why I've decided to start a topic here - maybe someone can explain me.

Same thing has happened for me. Even more interestingly is that the domain I had backordered is now owned by hugedomains. I just received an email today saying that domain is in my cart and needs to be paid for, the domain was in my cart the day that it dropped but it wouldn't allow me to checkout.

•••
These drop catchers are making money with our hustle and our knowledge,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back