IT.COM

Drop in Sedopro Revenue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Is anybody else seeing a drop in Sedopro revenue, epc, and ctr today (10/26) for the last 6 hours?

My high traffic domains nearly dropped HALF in revenue! What is going on!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cfguru360 said:
The guy at Sedo just said it was a problem at their end. I have many domains with just plain adsense and nothing has gone down. So yeah, if you want to talk about developing, you are at the wrong forum this is NamePros.com.

Why is the arrogancy? I have just said maybe developement is the way to go if the revenues are dropping at parked domains. And yes, namepros does have developement section.

•••
Is sedopro payout totally different to just sedo as I have been having some of the highest clicks ever at sedo over the last few weeks.

I have been getting clicks of 1.09 - 1.97 and the highest at 2.85 euros - I've never seen them that high at sedo before :-/

On the other hand ones that used to get 0.10 are now getting 0.02 ?

•••
I have been getting 0.03 today. Is Sedo Pro better?

•••
hmm . . . maybe this smart pricing things is forcing domain parking companies to re-evaluate their business model . . . name drive is doing some funky stuff too . . .

these companies have a lot of employees and any fluctuation in the way Google pays them, they might have to re-adjust their costs (or grab more money from partners)

•••
I am getting some strange figures:

This from the main page for 1st /2nd Nov

Gov.co.in 387 98 €9.58

This is from the click on links from main page:

11/01/06 993 258 €25.55

Huge difference in views / clicks /revenue - any ideas :?

Just checked , this applies to all of my names for yesterday - the figures do not match :!:

•••
Wot seems stats have problem for 1 nov. my names show 3X of what they generally make. Stats r different for same name at sedopro interface and sedo interface for same name on same date.

•••
This is not a mistake. It's what we were supposed to be making all along. Sedo trickles the revenue when complaints pile up. Watch that space in 3-4 days.

•••
Sedo - why don't you put your side of it here :?

Latest:

Well done Sedo , everything has now been adjusted downwards, even worse :!: :td:

What are you up to :?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm calling them tomorrow. I was going to today but I had other things to do. I actually called 3 Sedo staff yesterday and none of them answered the phone from several numbers that I dailed from, yet they answered my emails? What is wrong with this company?

•••
I use sedo,not sedopro, but I to have noticed massive fluctuations in clicks over the last month and a half. Example I have a Auto related name, it had consistant traffic with 3 dollars revenue monthly, then middle september my clicks started making $1.90+, I made $20, then in October I made $10 as the click price dropped back to normal .30-.50. After hearing all this hoopla, I start to think, am I supposed to be making $1.90 per click? I am alittle concerned. The thing is, I just had my highest traffic domains keyword go up per click, very good for me. I get a few hundred clicks each month from it, payout per click was only averaging .10 or less, now they have started averaging .30. All I can say is they seem to flucuate frequently, I just think it is wierd how in middle September all of them started to fluctuate after 8 months of stability.

•••
My email to them:

cfguru360 said:
Hi Eben,

How many more days is it going to take before the earnings are fixed? Don't give me the fluctuation speech. Let's be honest here. I already moved _domain_.com to _differentsponsor_.com and I must say, they are doing a great effort to beat sedopro earnings. They use the same feeds you guys do, they moved me to 90% revenue share, and the ctr is double there because of the better templates. My low paying domains such as _domain.com_ are doing better there now.

Unless you guys fix this in like 12 hours, I think it will have to be so long Sedopro for me, and I'll be moving out my high paying domains elsewhere. And don't give me the fluctation speech please. The famous Sedo fluctuation rant is not true. This is an excuse for you guys to get away with the earning drop.

I called Matt Villa a few days ago he said it was a problem on Sedo's end and that it should be fixed within a day, but never was. There are literally hundreds of posts right now on DNF and Namepros discussing this issue, if you want I can show you.

I thought Sedopro was good. It was. For like 5 days. I think I deserve a clear explanation of what is going on. There's no reason for me to be on target to make $xxx,xxx per year on revenue and then in 5 days be making $xxx,xx a year, and lower by the day. That's like going from being a lawyer to a deli grocery worker.

So, please explain. Thank you.

Matt

•••
•••
His response:

Sedo said:
Hi Matt,

I appreciate your analysis. xxxx.com is positively a great domain that you should monetize with the platform that can best convert for that particular name.

Some of the inconsistencies that you've referred have been corroborated by my peers in other parking companies that use the same affiliate advertisers.

It seems to be more of an industry-wide concern than an issue with an individual parking program. As we've all seen, SedoPro is definitely capable of being a superior system for top-earning parking portfolios. The goal now is to align it perfectly with our advertisers and deliver the maximum revenue to the SedoPro user.

I'll keep you posted on improvements, as we have a barrage of new revenue-generating features that are scheduled to be rolled-out in the coming months. As always, I appreciate your feedback and perspective.

Best Regards,
--
Eben G. Smith

•••
Hmm to be honest I do believe it is an industry wide problem. Everyone kept telling me how amazing namedrive was etc. I have some decent trafic names there and I have only gotten .04 - .11 cents per click. Even for the keyword Porsche!!!!!!! I have yet to receive one click over .11 WTF LOL. They can easily beat that at normal sedo. I think something is going on with bids at their advertisers. I KNOW FOR A FACT CLICK PRICES WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE, FROM MID SEPTEMBER FOR ABOUT 1 MONTH. IN SEPTEMBER I MADE ALMOST $200, USUALLY ITS $40-60. MY QUESTION IS WHY? WHY THE SUDDEN MASSIVE INCREASE IN CLICK PAYOUTS, THEN NOTHING !

•••
If it is an industry-wide problem, it is time to move from Google feeds parking sponsors to Yahoo feeds.

•••
cfguru360 said:
If it is an industry-wide problem, it is time to move from Google feeds parking sponsors to Yahoo feeds.

I applied for parked.com last night, as soon as I saw someone post that they used yahoo feeds. The thing is, I am very confused..... I also use 1plus.net with Google adsense and in recent weeks I have noticed a large increase in payouts per click- my last 5 clicks totaled $4.51 where as they used to be about .20 per click. Strange that my google ad click payouts go up and my click payout at parking companies are WAY WAY LOWER and decreasing in most cases. Are they messing with Revenue share?

•••
People say it is industry wide problem, but one little thing I noticed is that all my adsense sites are making the same or more.

Also, on Sedo, not only the $/click dropped, but the CTR dropped a little as well. Which is very odd as the placement of ads is the same on most of my domains, same advertisers as well.

Either way, Yahoo pays more than Google even if it isn't a Google problem. And if it is because of smart-pricing, well, even more reason to change to Yahoo feed parking sponsors. I didn't think Parked.com used Yahoo feeds. I thought it was Google. For sure the following use Yahoo:

ActiveAudience.com
Goldkey.com
ParkingDots.com

The problem with sponsors nowadays is that they don't have good layouts. And CTR sucks. Sedopro has nice layouts, but $/click is dropping. What we need is a parking sponsor that has VERY flexible layouts that you can customize and upload your own pictures and place your own related links and text and move around the ads wherever you want, and the combination of using Yahoo feeds. That would be the ultimate program for domainers.

•••
cfguru360 said:
People say it is industry wide problem, but one little thing I noticed is that all my adsense sites are making the same or more.

Also, on Sedo, not only the $/click dropped, but the CTR dropped a little as well. Which is very odd as the placement of ads is the same on most of my domains, same advertisers as well.

Either way, Yahoo pays more than Google even if it isn't a Google problem. And if it is because of smart-pricing, well, even more reason to change to Yahoo feed parking sponsors. I didn't think Parked.com used Yahoo feeds. I thought it was Google. For sure the following use Yahoo:

ActiveAudience.com
Goldkey.com
ParkingDots.com

The problem with sponsors nowadays is that they don't have good layouts. And CTR sucks. Sedopro has nice layouts, but $/click is dropping. What we need is a parking sponsor that has VERY flexible layouts that you can customize and upload your own pictures and place your own related links and text and move around the ads wherever you want, and the combination of using Yahoo feeds. That would be the ultimate program for domainers.

Thanks for the info about yahoo feeds, and you are absolutely right about what we need. I have been looking for a solution like that ever since I started buying domains. I have been buying my names from day one with ovt bids in mind, it would only make sense to use yahoo feeds, I have found that google ads are always lower payouts. Sometimes not even in the same ballpark. The highest click I ever had was $2.34 anywhere. Now that I have a few hundred names I am spreading them around as we speak ,I will have names all over the place. here are my stats from 21 domains at Namedrive since October 21:

US$ 2.34 revenue 160 views 14 clicks % 8.75 ctr US$ 0.17 per click

They do this wierd adjusting thing- so now my porsche clicks are .72, Mazda pays more at sedo LOL. Anyhow I am signing up where ever they have yahoo feeds!

•••
If people are going to move there domains to yahoo parking services, google might rethink this smart pricing idea.. Btw, i got a 0,87 euro bike insurance click at sedo, althogh its still better what namedrive pays for insurance clicks..

•••
I agree but think that I received in the last days 0.20-.30 clicks for autoinsurance. :'(

•••
My revenue has dropped at SedoPro also

My revenue has dropped a good bit at SedoPro. MY Avg EPC has gone from around $0.55 to $0.12. Quite a drop in revenue. I have also sent them an email to ask for clarification.

Until now, they have been doing well for me - better than my names at Parked and ActiveAudience. I have just started some names with Fabulous, but haven't seen anything promising yet. Applied at Smartname, but they won't even give me a response - I guess I'll need thousands fo names to get an invitation there.

•••
My income at SedoPro is looking a better since the start of this month

•••
My 0.03 went up to 0.09,thats still to low though.

•••
Hi Guys,

Ive just moved 50% of my portfolio away from Sedo. All my clicks dropped from as high as €1.50 to €0.04 from mid october onwards. Only in the last week have I seen a few €0.50 clicks come through for credit card sites. Ive moved 50 odd domains over to Fabulous for a try. I still have around 80 domains sitting with Sedo so hopefully they pick up or I may transfer the lot out.

Hopefully the industry sorts itself out and we start getting some decent $ back again and hopefully it isnt lining the pockets of others!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back