IT.COM

Dramsystem Websites ... Anyone got one?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys,
www.dramsystem.com Thinking about buying this system, have any members got a website that runs on Drams?
Is it easy to run?
Do drams make the logo for my name? i.e. comscout.com
Do I need to open a payment processing account i.e. 2checkout, authorise.net etc or do payments go to enom and I get the commission?
Reccomendations and Comments are most welcome!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do not like how all the domains are under a single account. I used them and enom before and loved them but stopped using them for various reasons. You don't really need a logo if you dont know how to make one but it would probably look more professional and you can get a top quality made by members here for pennies. It has a text based input option for your company name if you cant find a banner for a while. Payments go to YOU and the balance for all purchases are taken off your enom reseller account balance so you would need some way for your customers to pay you. Unless you are coding your own, you gottta buy the extra modules. Drams has alot of bugs but there is no such thing as a perfect script. Enom use to be great as a registrar but has been climbing downhill big time. $6.95 (enoms tld pricing for .com .net .org) is very competitive but there are other programs out there with even lower rates. eNom's customer support is awesome. If you not very techy or know how to get cheap help, Drams can become very expensive. There is more information at Drams website but I'm sure you checked there first. I would reccomend drams for advanced users.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Mate for taking the time to reply and your very informative post. Much appreciated!
.edu said:
I do not like how all the domains are under a single account. I used them and enom before and loved them but stopped using them for various reasons. You don't really need a logo if you dont know how to make one but it would probably look more professional and you can get a top quality made by members here for pennies. It has a text based input option for your company name if you cant find a banner for a while. Payments go to YOU and the balance for all purchases are taken off your enom reseller account balance so you would need some way for your customers to pay you. Unless you are coding your own, you gottta buy the extra modules. Drams has alot of bugs but there is no such thing as a perfect script. Enom use to be great as a registrar but has been climbing downhill big time. $6.95 (enoms tld pricing for .com .net .org) is very competitive but there are other programs out there with even lower rates. eNom's customer support is awesome. If you not very techy or know how to get cheap help, Drams can become very expensive. There is more information at Drams website but I'm sure you checked there first. I would reccomend drams for advanced users.

•••
.edu said:

Hmm pretty useful info, thanks

•••
I have a DramsSystem website and a $6.95 enom reseller account.

I *love* the DramSystem software mainly because it "just works". I've tried quite a few retail domain selling programs for openSRS and enom and DramSystem seems to be the most stable and actively developed.

I didn't like how all the names were dumped into my main $6.95 reseller account so I just created a subreseller under my account to use for drams registrations. Works perfectly.

Thanks to edu, I was able to move the domains over nicely.

There were no extra modules to buy for processing through PayPal or authorize.net. It was just a one time $85 bucks which isn't bad and has paid for itself already. I haven't run across a bug in the software yet.

•••
Yup - the module format for drams was discontinued some time ago. I have one as well and it is excellent. Only recently got it and have been playing and configuring it up nicely. Once that is done, a new template will go up for it but so far I think it rocks.

•••
•••
How do you make money out of just domain name registration? Surely by the time you pay your fees you would not have much commission left? That is the only thing that is holding me back from purchasing dramsytem.
Also who do you have as your merchant ... paypal? 2checkout? etc?
Christopher Marks said:
I've been using DRAMS since version 1, and it just keeps getting better. http://www.domainlauncher.com/

Thanks for all your replys guys, it is much appreciated! :wave:

•••
ComScout.com said:
How do you make money out of just domain name registration? Surely by the time you pay your fees you would not have much commission left?

You should look into a merchant account like authorize.net, not much of a margin for you to work on using paypal or enom processing fee's., I guess it depends what you want to charge for registrations.

•••
How do you make money out of just domain name registration? Surely by the time you pay your fees you would not have much commission left?

I charge $9.95 for retail domain registrations (roughly $3 per domain profit).

I use both authorizenet and paypal as my processors.

It's a pretty passive income in that you can just set it up and leave it alone and wait for the registrations to come in (with a some decent promotion that is).

It is also nice residual income because people keep paying you year after year.

If you sell hosting, it can be a nice way to get new customers to your hosting site/services.

•••
rb said:
I charge $9.95 for retail domain registrations (roughly $3 per domain profit).

I use both authorizenet and paypal as my processors.

It's a pretty passive income in that you can just set it up and leave it alone and wait for the registrations to come in (with a some decent promotion that is).

It is also nice residual income because people keep paying you year after year.

If you sell hosting, it can be a nice way to get new customers to your hosting site/services.

How much does authorize.net charge for fees per domain name registered?

Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back