NameSilo

Downloading FULL Expiring Domain List

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm pretty new at this so forgive me if I sound lost. Just a few questions/concerns...

I've found 'full' expiring domain lists from pool.com, enom.com, and snapnames.com, but each one is a little different.

Enom's lists include us, biz, com, edu, and net. Each days drop list is in a separate file available 2-3 days in advance.

Pool's list include ca, us, biz, com, net, info, and org. The list is updated each day to include the daily drop list + the drop lists for the next 3 days.

Snapnames lists include com, edu, net, info, and org. The lists are updated each day to include the daily drop list + the drop lists for the next 5 days.

I extracted all the .com's (for 6/9/05) from each one into a separate file just to make sure each was reporting the same thing. The Enom and Pool lists both have 19426 .com's dropping on 6/9, but Snap has 19410. This could possibly be due to a bad export/import on my part but I don't think it is. Also Snap has a whole other list with 2613 .com's releasing on 6/9 that it calls the 'Priority Partner' list that neither Enom nor Pool include. Can anyone else verify this?

I guess my main questions are: Which site (if any) of these should I be using to base my list off of, and what's the deal with Snapnames list being short and having extra domains that neither Pool nor Enom mention?

:-/ Thanks for any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not combine the differences of all of them?

Just out of curiosity, are these lists free to the public for any use? Or only personal?

•••
Do the lists really included .edu drops? I didn't think the general public could reg them, so why include them in the list?

•••
Kupo? said:
I'm pretty new at this so forgive me if I sound lost. Just a few questions/concerns...

I've found 'full' expiring domain lists from pool.com, enom.com, and snapnames.com, but each one is a little different.

Enom's lists include us, biz, com, edu, and net. Each days drop list is in a separate file available 2-3 days in advance.

Enom's lists come from the registry. Are you sure they include .edu though?

Pool's list include ca, us, biz, com, net, info, and org. The list is updated each day to include the daily drop list + the drop lists for the next 3 days.

Snapnames lists include com, edu, net, info, and org. The lists are updated each day to include the daily drop list + the drop lists for the next 5 days.

Again are you sure sure they have .edu ?

I extracted all the .com's (for 6/9/05) from each one into a separate file just to make sure each was reporting the same thing. The Enom and Pool lists both have 19426 .com's dropping on 6/9, but Snap has 19410. This could possibly be due to a bad export/import on my part but I don't think it is. Also Snap has a whole other list with 2613 .com's releasing on 6/9 that it calls the 'Priority Partner' list that neither Enom nor Pool include. Can anyone else verify this?

Snapnames has registrar partners that sell the name after is expires but before it drops. That is where those names come from and why you do not see them on the other lists. I can not answer why their lists is shorted though. Maybe they next step would be to find out what the missing names are from their list? Maybe some of them are in the 'extra' list?

•••
Both Snap and Enom have tamushsc.edu dropping on 6/9. I guess this could be a fluke (I haven't been following this very long) but it's there.

Thanks for the advice about Snap, I had no clue they could do that. Lemme see if I can figure out which names Snap leaves out on it's regular list.

@mjuszczak: The lists seem to be public, you just have to register with the site to get some of them.

Last edited:
•••
Kupo? said:
Both Snap and Enom have tamushsc.edu dropping on 6/9. I guess this could be a fluke (I haven't been following this very long) but it's there.

Hmm.. seems you are right.

05-07-2005:odedodea.edu
05-11-2005:amercoll.edu
05-11-2005:ducom.edu
05-12-2005:dsbc.edu
05-12-2005:mcp.edu
05-22-2005:denmarktechsc.edu
05-25-2005:cincybible.edu
05-25-2005:ren-isac.edu
05-25-2005:uhs.edu
05-26-2005:uscs.edu
05-27-2005:tacoma.edu
06-09-2005:tamushsc.edu
06-12-2005:mwc.edu
06-12-2005:ne-optometry.edu

Odd...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back