Dynadot

.mobi Dotster .mobi pre regs

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
has anyone who preregistered .mobis with dotster gotten any of them & does whois show your current info?

thanks, mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had a few pre-regs with Dotster and recieved an email that payment could not be forfilled due to my CC being declined.
Which was true. They wrote in the email that if payment would not be done in 48 hours the domain would be given to the person behind me in line. They had secured one domain as they wrote in their email.

Only when i checked all the pre-regs which where only four 3, of them where assigned to others and one to another person that used Dotster.
The domain was captured by Dotster but was not registered to Dotster itself but to a person that used Dotster.com

Anyway that is how i percieved it looking at the whois.

Kind of odd they mention they had secured a pre-regged domain while in fact they have none secured for me.

•••
We are extremely happy with the way that Dotster performed during the .mobi landrush. We preregistered over 100 .mobi names with them and they succesfully acquired about 3/4 of them eventhough we had also preregistered the same names with pool and enom. The names were succesfully charged to our credit card, the whois changed to reflect our registration, and the names appeared in our account right away. Frankly, I am quite surprised that Dotster did so well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back