Dynadot

.mobi dotmobi already successful

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I often wonder if people belief dotmobi is already succesful ?
some of us in this forum still think is years away but the success of dotmobi is almost exactly the pattern with dotcom in the early 90's , not only it has reach the 500k mark but the amount and quality of live sites and recently Amtrak rail just joined this row.
The success of dotmobi is already established , How many tld apart from dotcom was adopted at this rate by corporations ?

UAE.MOBI | FREEZE.MOBI | SWEEPSTAKES.MOBI | INSURE.MOBI LIQUIDATION.MOBI | BLOGGING.MOBI | TUBE.MOBI | SILICONVALLEY.MOBI |EREADER.MOBI | JOURNEYPLANNER.MOBI| UPLOADING.MOBI

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would agree with you. BTW,you have very nice names, I especially like INSURE.MOBI ,BLOGGING.MOBI and TUBE.MOBI

Last edited:
•••
I think considering it is less than a year since public registrations began .mobi is quite successful. Strong aftermarket sales, corporate adoption plus an ever increasing content pool is all very encouraging.

•••
Hedge,

I made an inquiry about blogging.mobi and got a response. I wanted it badly, but the price was way out of my league. PM salt and see what he says, he is very nice. (Or she, cuz I'm not certain he's a he)!!

About salt's post, I am starting to think the same thing myself. I can't think of another ext that has come out so strong right out of the gate....and just seems to be getting stronger everyday. I think back on reg's that I did even a few weeks ago, and think to myself that those new reg's could probably fetch at least triple the reg free, and it's only been a few weeks!!!

And the prices on the aftermarket keep rising. Seems like the market is dictating that this will be a successful extension.

In just about any industry, what the market dictates is usually the reality of the situation. The reality looks rather bright in .mobi's case.....

•••
As long as the MTLD's major advertising campaign to the public doesn't start until there's a good mobile infrastructure (i think by the rate of development as it stands could be as early as 2008 to have a good mobile web with good worth while content) and they invest the millions they have in their ad budget wisely then it will become a phenominal success!!

It does seem that it's surpassed alot of the haters expectations so far anyway! I couldn't really see it failing now and we have seen a marked silence from the haters corner for the moment anyway!!

•••
been good so far but we got a long way to go still.... start putting together your 10-year plans.

•••
We haven't heard from the haters much because the success has started to gain a lot of steam in the last month or so, which is wonderful. I think they know they were wrong about this.

•••
garrett200 said:
Hedge,

I made an inquiry about blogging.mobi and got a response. I wanted it badly, but the price was way out of my league. PM salt and see what he says, he is very nice. (Or she, cuz I'm not certain he's a he)!!

Don't warry, garrett200, I am just commenting on his names, no intent to pursuit any of those. I don't even have enough time to handle names I own.

•••
garrett200 said:
We haven't heard from the haters much because the success has started to gain a lot of steam in the last month or so, which is wonderful. I think they know they were wrong about this.

Again, no need for the word "haters" here in this context, IMHO. :blink:

I think a lot of folks are waiting to see how and when mTLD addresses the questions that their fellow members have posted, IMHO. In my view, personally, I have very little doubt that the Mobile Revolution is coming ... but I am very unsure of how the .MOBI will fit in to that evolution! I can, at best, see it as the .ORG's little baby cousin ... which, I guess, some might still consider "successful"? :guilty:

Please share your toughts.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
I can, at best, see it as the .ORG's little baby cousin ...
:lol:I must have missed the tld family tree. Is that at icann somewhere?

•••
scandiman said:
:lol:I must have missed the tld family tree. Is that at icann somewhere?

:hehe:

We're ALL just speculating anyway, naturally ... but I just don't see the .MOBI being a legitimate #1 extension for the Mobile Web, IMHO. :gl:

Hopefully, though, some nice niche sites will be developed and then marketed (yes, branded) ... and used by those "on the go"! Of course, support :$: and marketing from mTLD and the "investors" can perhaps boost this up the family tree a bit from little baby cousin ... to, say, favorite step-brother? :p

All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
scandiman said:
I think considering it is less than a year since public registrations began .mobi is quite successful. Strong aftermarket sales, corporate adoption plus an ever increasing content pool is all very encouraging.

I agree...but that doesn't mean my long-term outlook on mobi is anything but skeptical. As Jeff stated...there are a lot of unanswered questions.

However..today...you can't say that mobi is anything but a success in comparison to other tld releases. Just the aftermarket sales alone are eye-catching and vey noteworthy. The 500k domains regged are again...very positive as a short-term consideration.

Does the market have legs? That imho is up to mTLD and unless they speak out about it I will remain skeptical.

•••
Jeff said:
:hehe:
...boost this up the family tree a bit from little baby cousin ... to, say, favorite step-brother? :p

:lol: Sorry, but I've got to ask, is your last name Foxworthy? Because this almost sounds like one of his skits. "If your baby cousin is also your favorite step-brother, you might be a redneck."

•••
The only thing that I'm certain about is that the mTLD has been quite successful with .mobi. ;)

•••
^ Scandiman < - > :lol:

PS.
labrocca said:
Does the market have legs? That imho is up to mTLD and unless they speak out about it I will remain skeptical.

Agree! :yell:

-Jeff B-)

•••
We're ALL just speculating anyway, naturally ... but I just don't see the .MOBI being a legitimate #1 extension for the Mobile Web, IMHO.
jeff, i would say that the mobile effectively doesn't exist yet ....

mobi is really yet another attempt to jumpstart it, to make it happen ...

based on the way the mobi tld has designed it and the strong early acceptance it has gotten i would say that mobi might actually _create_ the mobile web

but, of course, as we have seen many times in business, this still doesn't mean that mobi will succeed, it still may fail but it looks good so far

_nothing_ will succeed, especially here in canada until we have decent and affordable internet access from cellphones

•••
nombre said:
_nothing_ will succeed, especially here in canada until we have decent and affordable internet access from cellphones
:bingo:

Here I am investing thousands in .mobi, and I'm still trying to decide whether or not I can even afford an internet access plan! It's just so damn expensive right now. :td:

•••
Everything is expensive in the beginning, this is no different. That will change in due time.

•••
nombre said:

HUGE point ... that's why I have stated here that IF, IF, the .MOBI has more adoption and acceptance (and "ecosystem") than I envison, we are at least 12 - 15 years out, IMHO. :gl:

That's a helluva LOT of :$: Reg. fee's - and development costs and marketing expenses! :guilty:

Under such a scenario, mTLD is the only immediate winner! :imho:
-Jeff B-)

Egnited said:
Here I am investing thousands in .mobi, and I'm still trying to decide whether or not I can even afford an internet access plan! It's just so damn expensive right now. :td:

Hammer. Head. Nail. :yell:

•••
12-15 years, no way!!! 3-5.....

•••
garrett200 said:
12-15 years, no way!!!

For, and IF, the .MOBI?!?! Yes, minimum! :yell: :imho:

-Jeff B-)

•••
garrett200 said:
12-15 years, no way!!! 3-5.....
I have to agree with you garrett. We'll see a lot of change in the next few years regarding mobile internet use. Better devices and better connectivity are either here now or very close depending on where you live. With phone turnover every 2 years with contracts I think the tide of mobile internet users will rise fast. I think .mobi is well positioned to ride the wave.

•••
Jeff said:
HUGE point ... that's why I have stated here that IF, IF, the .MOBI has more adoption and acceptance (and "ecosystem") than I envison, we are at least 12 - 15 years out, IMHO. :gl:
I respect your opinion of course, but don't you think that "12 - 15 years" is a bit..implausible? Think back 12 years ago -- 1995 -- and how far technology has advanced (and continues to advance) since that time. Do you really think it would take that long for the mobile web, and consequently, .mobi (if..), to become mainstream?

Interesting thought. :gl:

•••
Egnited said:
Do you really think it would take that long for the mobile web, and consequently, .mobi (if..), to become mainstream?

Interesting thought. :gl:

I do NOT think it will take that long for the Mobile Web ... but for, and IF, the .MOBI I do think it will be at least that long, IMHO. :gl:

Check "webtv" on a Google search for an interesting history lesson on "advancing technologies" ... :guilty:

Just my humbles.
-Jeff B-)

•••
well I only have a few mobis but I am seeing increasing traffic on them in the last couple of months.
I have to say I'm surprised really..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back