IT.COM

news DotDB Shutting Down or Not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Got this email from DotDB.

Website Shutting Down Notification

⚠ We have decided to shut down dotDB.com, and the website will stop operation on March 31, 2023. We no longer accept new members and subscriptions, effective from now. Please contact support at [email protected] if you need a refund for the unusable period of your subscriptions after March 31, 2023.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On the website it says -

We would like to clarify that some of our users have received an email from a spammer stating that dotDB is shutting down. This is absolutely not true. Please just ignore the fake announcement and Reset your password if you haven't done so after January 28.

I guess I was late to the party. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 2.57.01 PM.png

•••
Have they disabled free lookups?

The results I get are next to nothing.

•••
•••
Security should be the first priority for any online services before they offer product / professional services.

•••
No, dotDB.com isn't closing down but email database was apparently leaked - DomainGang

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...own-but-email-database-was-apparently-leaked/

@Acroplex

You can think whatever you want but I know what has happened behind the scenes but can not share it.
Once again, feel free to assume what you would like to :xf.wink:

As per DomainGang:
"
Update from dotDB: A former employee sent an unauthorized message to the dotDB user database, according to information we just received from the company. The incident is not related to a data leakage or a security issue; all users’ account information and passwords are well stored and encrypted.

Source: https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...own-but-email-database-was-apparently-leaked/
"

I wonder if said Former Employee is looking to start their own service, or maybe they're just disgruntled for some unknown reason?...

Last edited:
•••
It seems now detail search result becomes premium feature. Not the shame with before
Screenshot_2023-02-06-09-41-00-611_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
lol some of u just woke up..domaining is dying slow death.....sales.. everything... dotdb had crap extension taken counts..use uniregistry for that... it's all it's good for anyway
Good morning

•••
I find on their site that is fake message

We would like to clarify that some of our users have received an email from a spammer stating that dotDB is shutting down. This is absolutely not true. Please just ignore the fake announcement and your password if you haven't done so after January 28.

•••
That is fake message as in their site

We would like to clarify that some of our users have received an email from a spammer stating that dotDB is shutting down. This is absolutely not true. Please just ignore the fake announcement and your password if you haven't done so after January 28.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back