Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

DOT US DOT COM Extension

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

james9018

New Member
Impact
0
Is the .Us.com extension any good? Say if I had a keyword .us.com would it be worth much? Or is it another of those quite valueless extensions?

Thanks for the help in advance.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
In reference to 'value', I'd say your 3rd question fits it well!
 
0
•••
From a reseller perspective, nothing but .com, .net, .org, .info, and specific country extensions really sell. However, from a development/SEO perspective .us, biz, etc have the exact same advantages as the more popular extensions. I happen to like .us for development (especially when targeting a US-based audience) because it seems less "spammy" than other extensions.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Right now i'd pay 6-7k for construction.us wheras i got construction.us.com for reg fee :)

Some people use it, some do well but theres not much reseller activity.
 
0
•••
Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on a worthless subdomain
 
0
•••
if you develop it, it has value. i have a US GEO keyword that is available in .biz and .us.com and i think .us.com is a better bet
 
0
•••
I am a fan of .US. However, the subdomain US.COM has little to no value.

Brad
 
0
•••
Yes, I agree .us.com is of no use. Worst extension I should say. It would be good if you go for .us or .com
 
0
•••
Dead since November 2008 and sir bump a thread shows up. Lol.
 
0
•••
.biz or .us.com if you had to develop? I'd vote the latter
 
0
•••
I let Dreams.us.com drop.. if someone wants.. in some days it should be available ;)
 
0
•••
I am not a fan of .BIZ by any means, it is one of my least favorite extensions. With that being said it is still in another league than a subdomain like US.COM

Brad

.biz or .us.com if you had to develop? I'd vote the latter
 
0
•••
.us is not that great so there will be little value in this.
 
0
•••
thanks Brad. i think that web users are ignorant of the fact that .us.com is a sub that has inherent risks. thus if i have a site that relies on organic SE traffic i think visitors are more likely to click on a .us.com than a .biz, especially given that the domain name is not related to business. What say you?
 
0
•••
Domainer wise any decent gTLD always beats a subdomain.

I agree though that .biz is not the most credible extension.

Brad

thanks Brad. i think that web users are ignorant of the fact that .us.com is a sub that has inherent risks. thus if i have a site that relies on organic SE traffic i think visitors are more likely to click on a .us.com than a .biz, especially given that the domain name is not related to business. What say you?
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back