IT.COM

Dot TO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
So I may be the last one in the industry to know about these, but I don't see much discussion. There appears to be value and good names left. I recently registered ECOMMERCE.TO. The downside is the $50/year price tag with a 2 drink minimum.

TO is the domain for Tonga and their government wisely allow anyone to register under their ccTLD.

TO is a part of the English language with many words ending in to and it is also a common preposition. TO is also a common reference to the city of Toronto, the 4th largest city in North America.

On Flippa there is a history of some good .TO sales.

Yet you rarely see these being offered for resale. Is it just the high registration fee? Thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It wouldn't surprise me if .to got added to Google's "generic" ccTLD list. As stated there is a push to use them in Toronto, and I think there is some movement against Internet types to make use of .to. It certainly wouldn't fit simply into the class of pure ccTLD - only related to Tonga.

•••
How many Toronto-based businesses use .to ?
I know one prominent site.

•••
I know one prominent site.

Which site?

How many of us can even name one Toronto-based business period? TD Bank I assume? Can't think of any others.

•••
•••
•••

"For example, country code TLDs like .ca and .uk will be targeted to searchers in those countries. Google considers websites with country code domains to be more relevant to searchers who reside in the corresponding countries."

You have to read beyond the headline. I don't know why you keep trying to disprove this. I provided direct proof from Google. You're providing headlines from some blog.

•••
Although I believe .To domains are specific to the country Tonga, there is this SEO which plays a major role. Country Code TLD is just one of the factor out of many other factors which Google use to rank websites.

For example, I sold Rehab.to yesterday. If you search Rehab in Google, the first page will show the links of
1. Rehabs.com, 2. Wikipedia Page for Rehabilitation, 3. Rehab.ie

.IE is a domain extension for Ireland. Here, ccTLD did not stop this website to rank only in Ireland. The overall SEO played major role in ranking this website in the first page.

Any domain extension can be ranked very well if the SEO is done properly. JMO.

Regards,
Messiah

•••
...I sold Rehab.to yesterday. If you search Rehab in Google, the first page will show the links of
1. Rehabs.com, 2. Wikipedia Page for Rehabilitation, 3. Rehab.ie

.IE is a domain extension for Ireland. Here, ccTLD did not stop this website to rank only in Ireland.

I'm in the US and not only is it not on the first page, but it's not ranking on ANY of the first 10 pages of Google or Yahoo and is in the 70th position on Bing. You can even see here: http://smallseotools.com/keyword-position/

•••
I'm in the US and not only is it not on the first page, but it's not ranking on ANY of the first 10 pages of Google or Yahoo and is in the 70th position on Bing. You can even see here: http://smallseotools.com/keyword-position/

Well, this is what I came to see when I searched for Rehab again now in Google.com.. I live in India.

Attachments

• rehab -.png
    rehab -.png
    156 KB · Views: 11
•••
•••
Congrats! Want to share any details? Listing venue? Price?
Sold it on Flippa for $400..I was expecting a bit more to be honest with that strong keyword...But I'm happy overall... I regged that domain one month back for $45. ;)

I have 6 more strong keyword domains in .to which I'm planning to keep at the moment...This domain extension is gaining momentum... :)

•••
•••
How do you know?
.to domains are good hacks... A lot of .to domains are getting sold for good prices... The domains I kept in my To Buy list are all gone and are registered by some other domainers within a week and they were all premium keywords...

•••
and they were all premium keywords...

Do you mean that they weren't available at the normal ($50?) price, but had to be registered at a premium?

•••
Do you mean that they weren't available at the normal ($50?) price, but had to be registered at a premium?

No..the premium domains you see in register.to website are just a few premium domains..there were lot other strong keyword domains which were still available one month back but they are all registered now for normal pricing $50...

I kept around 6 to 8 geo domains in my list such as Poland.to and Sweden.to .. Even those geo domains are now registered...

•••
.to are good my Mobiles.to got $2500 as last bid....but I relisted it....

•••
•••
no previously it was standard listings got 12bids in total....now I relisted with premium one....

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm communicating with the .to registry to see if it's possible to add an option to display the whois on your domains. More sales will equal more exposure to the registry

it's nearly impossible to internally email the users since outdated emails and such, this has been introduced in 1997 and it's time for an update.

•••
I've dabbled a bit in .to

Sold

Safe.to on flippa

Still have

Buses.to

Charters.to

CruiseShips.to

•••
I have

Vape / to
Menu / to
Pen / to
Places / to

•••
.io for input/output
.to for Tech Online

Like .to now? :)

•••
don't really like the extension, however some good keywords have sold for a lot of money. Also starting to look at these as it's shorter then the .top extension? so could be a good target for the chinese?

What do you think?

•••
don't really like the extension, however some good keywords have sold for a lot of money. Also starting to look at these as it's shorter then the .top extension? so could be a good target for the chinese?

What do you think?
I picked up 444.to just to test the market. Not sold yet

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back