Domain Empire

.me Dot ME is gaining notorious reputation now.

NameSilo
Watch
After a year since .me was launch, it becomes more and more adopted by big companies.
Recently 2 big companies are using .me:
WP.me (wordpress) and godaddysaves.me (Godaddy), soon others will join the club.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.me is with no doubt one of the exotic extensions with best sales. But however i think it will go to decline within next months/years.

•••
•••
I must admit i don't have clear elements for this affermation, it's just my 2 cents.

I think the web will be more globalized day by day, and it will further generic extensions (esp. COM, NET and ORG) over all those new and not new exotic extensions.
The only ccTLDs with some value will be the strongest ones, like .it, .fr, .de, .uk and .us, plus .es (imho) and the growing .in and .cn.

All the others will have (reseller) market only for very strong keywords, and maybe some market within the first year after their launches.

That's my opinion, and i hope i would be wrong. But i'm afraid things will go in this way. Well, approximately.

•••
The global ext .me will continue to be strong...It really doesn't function like a ccTLD, although technically it is..... It has proven to be adoptable on a global scale......

Plus, people seem inclined to click on these .me domains when they are shown in search results, due to the personal nature of the ext.. This type of "brandability" is worth more than millions spent on SEM campaigns....

Last edited:
•••
Look at tweet.me recently sold for $11 000 I think if my source is correct, so no doubt .me will rise and not flop.

•••
The global ext .me will continue to be strong...It really doesn't function like a ccTLD, although technically it is..... It has proven to be adoptable on a global scale......

Plus, people seem inclined to type on these .me domains when they are shown in search results, due to the personal nature of the ext.. This type of "brandability" is worth more than millions spent on SEM campaigns....

.ws is also a "global extension" and we know how those end user sales are going. .me is good for verbs, premium keywords, and development. Bruce Marler is showing what can be done with a .me, as are others. But for endusers, it is a different story(for now)

example: Teas/Tests - I would say these are 2 pretty decent keywords. Teas,net sold for 15,700 and tests.com sold for 176,000+.
I have these in .me- I contacted the owners in other extensions as well as some potential end users.
I was asking for a $60 offer via SEDO. The results: Not interested.Never heard of .me. Only deal with Com/Net.
Featured listing on Pushtoauction.com. No offers. It seems domainers are not interested in .me either.

Also, since .me and .ws are both "global extensions" which would a business prefer. .ws (website) or .me. I would say that ws looks more professional. me is cute and catchy for certain types of businesses and personal websites. Tweet.me works. Sports.me or Sports.ws? OfficeSupplies.me or OfficeSupplies.ws.? If we are making these into global extensions and avoiding the country code altogether, .ws (website) is brandable and easy to remember. I would think it has an even broader appeal than me in the fact that it works with many more keywords.

Pretty soon there will be a dot me drop phase. Sept/Oct the 1 year renewal will happen. It will be interesting to see what happens then.

.me may be a good long term bet. It does have potential, but with the domains that are dropping daily, there really is no point regging .me and hoping it takes off. Grab a good com/net/org and have a market to sell now.

•••
Well, i try to specify better my point of view.

As told, .me is one of most richest exotic extensions, and it is because "me" is a pronoun, then this extension could fit good with some verbs.

Love.me, Watch.me, Hate.me, even Tweet.me (thanks to Twitter phenomenon) will have always value, as long as english will be the most important language in the world.

It makes .me extension a little more lucky than other exotic ones, but you can't value an entire tld only considering few dozens of domains.
There are, and there will always be, 99,99% of registered .me domain names with no value.

Like every massive advertised launch of new extension, it has generated some excitement between domainers during the first months, but it happens with every new extension, it's happening now with .im and .cm, it happened with .tel or .pro and lot of crappy extensions.

I respect people that believe .me will rise up, but i must say they just seem dreamers to me.

•••
Its an extension with slightly different dynamics...

Some of the usual great keywords just look silly in this extension, imo...eg Camera.me, toys.me etc...

But, on the other hand, some other words/phrases have great potential - especially if you build & promote a good site....eg Date.me, love.me etc...

One aspect of this extension, I reckon, is that (longish) phrases, and hacks, could work very well....eg ComePlayWith.me, DateYouDate.me etc

•••
It works good as a hack and pseudo-hack ie hug.me but all else will fail to become much IMO

•••
My sentiments pretty much match the last 2 posters. I honestly didn't expect it to do nearly as well as it has, but I think it will be more fleeting than people think. Beyond the premium 1-2 word ones, the quality is not good enough to warrant getting it over a .com. It's entirely a social extension - major corporations are not adopting it afaik (WordPress sorry to say is not a major corporation and is more tied in to the social world).

•••
I'm sure you've already heard of famous domainer Bruce Marler who develop Missouri.me, read what he wrote and you'll see that .me is as good as .com not only for hacked domains but GEO and other...

•••
Some guy says .ME is as good as .COM. It must be true then!

On a side note the word "notorious" makes no sense if you are trying to make a positive statement about .ME

Notorious -

Widely known, especially for something bad; infamous

Known widely and usually unfavorably; infamous: a notorious gangster; a district notorious for vice.

Brad

I'm sure you've already heard of famous domainer Bruce Marler who develop Missouri.me, read what he wrote and you'll see that .me is as good as .com not only for hacked domains but GEO and other...

Last edited:
•••
•••
So one developer's word dictates the whole market? In that case: I think .name is really great and will become even BETTER than .com in 2 weeks.

So let it be written, so let it be done. *folds arms & nods like a genie*

•••

I guess if Bruce Marler (whoever that is) told you to jump, you'd ask "how high"? This is twisted logic at its finest. IMO.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Dot Com will always be King!

I think .me shall have a small place in the market but wont ever be anything big, People do like it for a domain hack but many people will still end up typing .com at the end of it and send the traffic away imo

I hope it works out well for everyone that invested in the .me but I see it being on the same level as .tv & .us in the future years

It wont fail like .mobi or .name but wont overtake .com, .net, .org or cctlds like .co.uk, .de etc

just my two cents on the matter.

•••
•••
Some guy says .ME is as good as .COM. It must be true then!

On a side note the word "notorious" makes no sense if you are trying to make a positive statement about .ME

Notorious -

Widely known, especially for something bad; infamous

Known widely and usually unfavorably; infamous: a notorious gangster; a district notorious for vice.

Brad

Yes because .me is : "Widely known, especially for something bad; infamous" that's why I put it in title. OK I should change to famous then :imho:

•••
•••
One thing about this forum, it's always the same handful of people involved in the pumping of lagging extensions. .tel, .mobi, .me, .ws, .sucks... they are all winning lottery tickets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back